Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2nd to October 31st 2019

Welcome to the newest challenge and the sixth one of 2019! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

USW - 218.0

Current starting weight - 212.2 (9/2/19)

LW - 209.2 (sometime in July I think)

CW - 212.2

GW - 205.0 (10/31/19)

Stretch goal weight - 203.0

Mini goal - 200 or less by the end of 2019

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I'm back again trying to lose the same 10 lbs. 4 years ago I lost 50 lbs, and I have gained back 7.  I have lost and regained that 7 too many times!  I am going to lose 10 and then stay there.  I am a carb lover, and my snacking is out of control.  I exercise almost every day, and for this challenge I'm going to try some different things because I'm having sciatica issues.  My goal is to track food every day and not snack so much.  Good luck everyone!!

Best Answer

good morning

Debb21 tracking food and eating fewer carbs is a great idea.  I had sciatic nerve issues and the chiropracter helped me a lot.  He sent me to the gym to strengthen my tummy muscles and it helped. 

U can stationary bike and tie your fitbit to your shoe or ankle to get credit for your steps. Dang ate out at Chinese restaurant last night and munched too many cashew when I got home last night. Yesterday I was 147 and today I am 148.2 ( growl). 30 cashews even unroasted and unsalted =300 extra calories. Now it's time to move and make coffee.

SW  148.2

GW 142

UGW 141

We can do this!! 

How?  My goal is to eat less late at night and be more mindful of grazing.  Also, get my 3  miles of steps in daily and drink 1/2 gal of water a day. 

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW - 162

SW - 158

CW - 158

PW - 162

LW - 158

GW - 145

MGW - 140

UGW- 130 or dress size 4/6

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, a little better this week, but didn't do much food tracking, and still eating too many snacks!! I will do better!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Here is where things are as of today:

USW - 330 (2012); 290.9 as of June 2, 2019

SW - 252

CW - 252 

PW - 260.4

GW - 240

MGW - 220

UGW- 190

I wish you all good luck and a great couple of months. I appreciate these challenges as a way to meet new people, be accountable, share successes and difficulties, and just generally feel part of a community, so thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW - 218.0

LW - 212.2

CW - 208.4

GW - 205.0 (10/31/19)

UGW - 150.0

Couldn't figure out the drastic weight loss then realized that last weekend (and the holiday) I hadn't taken my water retention or blood pressure meds. It does make a difference. I'm great at taking them during the week but never remember on the weekends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm here. Sigh. Okay, so I was photographed today and I thought, "What the hell have I let happen?" I look so swollen and fat and I could be Jabba the Hutt's sister. I haven't gained all my weight back that I lost, but I'm shocked at how I look. So, that's my wake up call. Here we go again. 

I have to make this work. 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

I have family visiting from far away so it's been quite hectic here. My daily schedule is all tossed and turned, but maybe that's a good thing. I get into a sedentary routine that isn't good for me and I put on weight. Saturday, I was out most of the day with the visitors doing shopping. Now, I don't like shopping but they do. Hours and hours on the feet at this weight is not a good idea, so I eventually found a chair in the third store and off they went. I did get in a LOT of steps though.

Yesterday we took a drive to the beach to survey the damage left by Dorian. We went into tourist shops and I combed the beach for shells for 'grandma'. She is my kids' tiny hunched 86 yr old African grandmother who has come to visit, along with her two daughters. Not many shells were left behind and we could only find shattered pieces. 

This visit has made me exhausted. I guess I just stay in my own little bubble and don't do all the things I should be doing, like getting out and seeing and visiting things and places. I mean, if this tiny 86 year old lady from an African village can get out of her bubble, I suppose I can too?? Heck, I groan about taking the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood. 

My fitbit is broken, so I don't know how many steps I've been doing, but it's a lot more activity than I've had in the last 6 months. I'm going to begin a new routine of doing livingroom marching/walking if I'm watching tv. At least 30 min per day. That should start me off in the right direction. 

Best Answer

USW - 218.0

LW - 208.4

CW - 207.4

GW - 205.0 (10/31/19)

UGW - 150.0

@_Lilac_  So good to see you posting again! Wake up calls are never comfortable are they? 30 mins a day sounds like a great start - more than I am currently doing but my 'good' knee has decided to go to the dark side and is making any movement very painful. 

Daughter was in town this past weekend and she, hubby and I were able to go see a movie yesterday. It was enjoyable and we are very glad we went. Trying to find a way to up my energy levels and starting mid last week switched to water and green tea with the occasional orange or vegetable juice only. I don't feel any more energetic but I'm pretty sure some sort of toxins have been slowly flushing out of my body. 

Best Answer

USW - 198

SW - 192

CW - 191

PW - 189

LW - 191

GW - 179

MGW - 174 

UGW- 150

i find avoiding carbs almost completely and almost throwing myself into ketosis is the only way ive been able to lose weight, but when i start eating carbs again no matter how strictly i gain SO FAST. i know i retain water much more than in years past, but feels like the 4 days minimum i spend in the gym do nothing but make me sore in addition to being hungry. i just want to feel & look healthy. i feel stuck.

Best Answer

Carbs are my weakness too. I have decided that I'm going to log EVERYTHING that I eat see if I can get the snacking under control. So far I'm not doing well. 😐

Best Answer

@Deb

your on the right track to log  try more protein and good oils like avocado, and non starchy veggies to give full feeling. You can do it.

Barb

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all

CW147.2 so in the 140's but not very low yet.  Been getting an average of 3+ miles a day. 

Some of it pitifully slow, stop and go as I bird watch.  Migration is coming soon.  Cooling down out here in Northern Calif. and a few rain drops fell last night. We need rain to reduce fire danger. 

Keep at it folks.  We can dance, walk or bike or row to burn the fat off. 

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_ 

Like the African grandma story. Yep groan if you want and walk the dogs. Glad you are back.

Barbara 

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW - 252

SW - 252

CW - 252

PW - 252

LW - 252

GW - 242

MGW - 239

UGW- 199

Found a gym buddy to help with getting me there and made it 3 times so far this week!

Step goal is 15,000 and usually I hit between 12,000 to 15,000.

Best Answer

sw 148.2

cw 147.0

gw 142

Losing very slowly and walking at least 3 miles most days. Let's stick to it and keep the calories down. I still struggle with late night eating but most nights I'm doing better. 

Healthy body is my goal as well as a flatter tummy. 

Stay strong all

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW - 218.0

LW - 207.4

CW - 207.6

GW - 205.0 (10/31/19)

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

I am trying really hard today and my daughter's bf heated up some sort of sweet and sour chicken or food or something and the smell is in my mouth, my nose, all through the air. Nooooo. I'm doing ok. Maybe I need to put a fan on.

I took the dogs for a walk last night and I was certainly sweating and sore when I got home, but it's mostly because they are pulling me. Oh well, burning calories is burning calories. I burned a bunch of calories rearranging my room and putting a frame under my heavy mattress the day before. I'm trying to do something everyday that makes me sweat and swear (I don't swear, I just feel like it). Tomorrow might be the mowing. I've let it go way too long. As I said, my fitbit is dead, so I really don't know how much I'm burning, but I know it's good enough to make me sweat and swear. 

Ok, my mantra for today is...keep your food in check. Ignore the smells.

Best Answer