Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2nd to October 31st 2019

Welcome to the newest challenge and the sixth one of 2019! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

USW - 178

SW - 173

CW - 170.2

PW - 173

GW - 171

MGW- 165 by end of the year. 

UGW- 135

I am going to need strength going into Halloween weekend and next week. 

Best Answer

Went to the pool for water aerobics for the fourth morning this week. I'm doing something right because I'm peeing all the time. I overdid it yesterday though, because now my ankle is very sore. It's such a fine balance between doing good for the body and hurting it, when you're at this weight. I have lost 3 lbs though, so far. 

I am not worrying about food right now. I just need to move. I burn so many calories with activity at this point that I won't exceed the calorie amounts suggested. That won't last as I get more fit, but I'll take it now.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting the new challenge in a few days with an official number to plug in. 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

This week is a rough one for me.  We are on vacation so I am spending a lot of time in the car and eating out. I'm trying to eat the healthier options and get out and move every time we stop. 

Best Answer

@Jpgrl84 Heads up, many fast food places will wrap your burgers and chicken burgers in lettuce wraps now. They don't advertise it, but they do it if you ask. A@W and others have done this for me. 

Good luck while you're traveling. 

Best Answer

Hi Everyone!

I'm here and still kicking. Haven't weighed myself in over two weeks. Haven't tracked anything in over two weeks. Haven't checked in in about two weeks. Not any particular reason but lots of small ones, Here are the main ones:

1) Work - As you may or may not know, I usually check in from work. Work has been BUSY but I was also trying to up my value to the company to get ready to ask for a promotion/raise. It's a small family owned business that is growing but they still have the small business mentality, HR is the president's sister and my direct boss, president has never worked anywhere else, etc. We don't get annual reviews/raises, just a bump when they feel like it and if you ask for a raise (been well over 4 years since my last) they ask what are you going to do extra for it. Kinda messed up. Well last week out of the blue they informed me that I was getting a fairly significant raise, so yay me!

2) Hubby - His health issues continue. For those that don't know, he is a five year colon cancer survivor who has on-going issues. At the end of August he was diagnosed with an interior abcess in his butt. A drain was inserted, a test was done early September to see if it was leaking anywhere and it wasn't, but the drainage hasn't slowed down much less stopped. Back for another CT which showed the abcess is collapsed but the fluid is coming in from the colon. We have seen a new surgeon and an exploratory procedure is scheduled for 11/4. Possible outcomes - find the leak in a healthy section and will be able to fix it easily with a temporary ostomy until healed OR find the leak in an irradiated section that will require another resection (number 3) with a temporary ostomy until healed OR find the leak in an area that is not able to be fixed and remove the entire colon with a permanent ostomy for life. Needless to say his depression is back and he goes right to worst case scenario. Weather and darkness are not helping - either him or me.

3) My personal energy levels are getting drained from all of the above. I am concerned about finances and many upkeep items around the house and car.  I'm not sleeping well or long enough and not eating properly for any of this. My knees are both acting up, etc. 

I know the best thing for me is to get back on track with what I can control so I thought I would take a moment to check in and bring you all up to date. I'll try to be better about posting going forward and hopefully more of it will be up beat. Thanks for being here and listening!

Best Answer

USW - 178

SW - 173

CW - 170.0

PW - 170.2

GW - 171

MGW- 165 by end of the year. 

UGW- 135

I traveled over 10 hours by car to visit family and went to several Halloween parties over the four day weekend. Lots of goodies and sitting. Very happy for no gain.  

Best Answer

I've been to the pool and I'm still struggling with pain and exhaustion. I know, it will go away. I could sure use a nap though!! 

Tomorrow is the last day of the current challenge. I've lost three pounds, but I wasn't really working at it until last week, so 3 lbs is good for a week. I'll take it.  On to the next challenge!

Best Answer

USW-200

SW-195

CW-195

PW-192.6

MGW-175 I can't wait to be have an.     over eight Bmi

AGW-145

gained it back on vacation I'm determined to do better on the next one. 

Best Answer

Happy Halloween and the last day of this challenge! I will do my best to get the next one started tonight and will post the new name on this thread so everyone can find it. If you have a choice for a few short challenges (10/31 to 11/28 - 11/28 to 12/31) or one longer one (10/31 to 12/31) let me know. If I don't get input it will be the longer one to offset the holiday ups and pre-holiday downs.

Final weigh in:

USW - 218.0

Current starting weight - 212.2 (9/2/19)

LW - 211.8 (over two weeks ago)

CW - 205.8 (so close to goal!)

GW - 205.0 (10/31/19)

Stretch goal weight - 203.0

Mini goal - 200 or less by the end of 2019

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

@Cele21  I like the idea of the longer one. It will give me a chance to get things really going and set up my new routine. I'll have an official start point and get through the holidays.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Happy last day of the challenge. Again, thank you so much for doing these and being welcoming of me when I just butted right in here! It is really nice to connect with people.

So on November 2nd it will be five months since I weighed myself for the first time in a while (and I was 290.9 on that day - June 2nd). I was hoping to get to 240.9 for November 2 to be an even fifty pounds in five months. But I weighed myself on Monday and results are:

USW - 330 (2012); 290.9 as of June 2, 2019

SW - 252

CW - 243.6 

PW - 244.0

GW - 240

MGW - 220

UGW- 190

I didn't quite get to my goal weight for the challenge (although I didn't weigh myself this morning - that weight is from Monday - I also didn't do any exercise Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday so I am not super optimistic!)

I look forward to the next challenge! I am happy with either option!

Best Answer

hi all,

Zoot glad that you joined us.

Lilac happy swimming to u our neighbor to the north. 

Cele21 sorry about your hubbies colon issues.  Keep encouraging him to focus on the things that he enjoys and not think that he is doomed. Positive thinking improves the body's ability to heal. 

Congrats on your raise!

Glad that some of us are losing weight and getting healthier. I went up and down this time and ended a bit up.  My excuse is the stress for the gain is that I live in Sonoma Co. and the electricity co turned off the darned electricity and that turns off my water pump.  The evacuation center had snacks like fruit and nut bars.  In spite of not eating the rice at dinner I did eat a couple Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches on a couple days.  I did walk but due to the fires all my exercises were cancelled by the Jr. College.  So back at home and about to take the first shower in 5 long days. We are grateful for a normal life and that no life has been lost only structures. The air is a little better as the winds are down to normal levels and the fire is about 60 % contained.  Back to teaching daily next week.  Today I am going to be more sensible in snacks as well as meals. 

SW  148.2

CW  149.6

GW  145 

UGW 142

OK Happy halloween folks. Let's make our health our priority !! 

I like shorter challenges so how about New Years Eve as an end date. 2 months to the year's end and a lighter body. 

New starting weight 149.6

GW is 144 on 12/31 very reasonable

Aim is 3 miles of steps at least 5 days a week on average. 

Reduce late night eating by asleep by midnight.

We are Fitbit strong and can reach our reasonable healthy goals together.

Hugs,

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zootenany 

You are killing it. You must feel so much better at 243 and in such a few months. 

Keep up coming here and doing great. 

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I didn't get to set up the new challenge last night but I should be able to get to it today.

Title will be November 1st to December 31st 2019. Can't wait to see you all there!

Best Answer
0 Votes