Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

How did you do it? How did you lose?

Best Answer

Managed to get to the gym early this morning- that made a huge difference for me.  Had energy all day and was able to be focused on eating well and staying active despite having to sit all day.  Got all the green flashing on my dashboard!  I just love that.  

@dancefoxtrot  Thanks, as always, for your ongoing support.  I'm so glad that your new plan is yielding results.  What dances will you be doing?  Any chance of a video?  I am sure it will all go wonderfully and you will look your elegant, graceful self.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

Early in the morning and I'm up, though I want to go back to bed. I had an expected but early visitor, who decided it was a good idea to bring along 4lb of bloated luggage. I can even feel it in my face. I did have some sushi yesterday but no soy sauce or miso soup, or anything else that was salty. I didn't think sushi rolls were particularly high in sodium. Rice, veg and raw fish/cooked shrimp. But here I am...4 lb of swollen-ness and feeling it.

I had 6 hours of sleep and Mom will call in a few min to see if I want to go walking. I'll go, I can always nap later. Working on drinking a coffee to wake up. I'll have a bunch of water today though. 

Yesterday was supposed to be the first day of spring. Technically. We don't get our first flower/crocus until the middle/end of April and then they peak up from under snow sometimes. It is 14F/-10C with the wind this morning. I just want the snow to melt off my deck so I can put my deck furniture out and clean out my storage porch! The dogs will enjoy the warmer weather and I'll sit outside with them when the sun is shining, even if it's chilly. My bigger dog was an outdoor dog for six months in Georgia, and it was a big shock to him coming to Canada and then to adjust to the cold. But he loves living in the house!

Ok, I'm just rambling now. Will get ready to walk. Have a good day everyone!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Awesome achievement  looking great well done 🙂

Best Answer

USW= 235 (Christmas 2016)

CSW= 224.3 (Valentine's Day 2016)

PW=216.9

CW= 214.8 (-2.1 lbs this week)

Total lost since Valentine's Day= 9.5

Total lost since Christmas 2016= 20.2

GW= 210

UGW= 125

38/F/5'0"

All week I bounced between 216.3 - 216.9. Then, today I am at 214.8! I got on and off the scale several times to make sure it was real. Can't believe I got another 2 lb loss this week! 🙂 That makes 20.2 lbs lost since Christmas, so I got my 20 lb Badge! Hope everyone else is having a great weigh-in this week; I've seen some posts with awesome results! Keep it up!

Best Answer

@TravellingSunny

Fantastic results there!! Keep up the great work.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Well I will start off with praise GOD! I don't know how, but I did not gain. I was so expecting to, so I am so happy I did not. I have 4 weeks to get off 6 pounds which is so doable if I can get my focus back. You would think not only for this challenge alone but for the thought of my one year anniversary of this journey quickly approaching, that I would be able to get that focus back.

I know I have not been getting all my steps in and definitely not exercising enough at all. But thank the Lord what I have done has kept me from gaining weight back. So now I have to step all that up and get my eating habits back under control. I have been awful lately.  

Well I guess it is time to get this work day started. I have been here for 2 hours and haven't began to make a dent in today's mess..lol. I hope each and everyone is having a blessed wonderful day!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs April 25th 2016
02/14/17 - 167.2 lbs -  Starting this challenge weight

02/21/17 - 168.2 lbs - Gained 1 pound 

02/28/17 - 164.8 lbs - Lost 3.4 Pounds 

03/08/17 - 164.0 lbs - Lost 0.8 pound 

03/15/17 - 164.0 lbs - Stayed the same

03/21/17 - 164.0 lbs - Stayed the same

03/28/17 -

04/04/17 -

04/11/17 -

04/18/17 -

Challenge Goal Weight 158.0

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@Karenka -  This is WAY ATYPICAL for me. I've been at this weight loss for over a year. I have never had this big of a loss before. I've been averaging -1.5 lbs a week for almost the whole time. Though it may seem really exciting to lose this much, it honestly makes me anxious. Due to the high loss last week, I'm afraid I won't lose much this week. I would much rather a steady -2 lbs than gaining one week, losing a high number the next. Consistency is way easier to deal with for me 🙂

I also think this one was a bit skewed. The previous weekend was my birthday so my Monday weigh in was extra high. This weekend, I did a lot of trail walking and got about 20 miles over two days. So I think I was a bit dehydrated. I bet this was more like a 3 lb weight loss over the week with all things considered. 

@HeartBiller -  Thank you! I had to do a double (and maybe triple) check of my weight bc I was pretty floored but I was so excited. This is definitely a first for me to have such a big loss too. Before my highest might have been 4 lbs like two or three times over the last year but never 8!

Best Answer

Hi all,

Have not signed in for a couple of weeks but I have been reading all the posts. Some great results out there.

So here goes with the weights

USU 191

CSW 179

April 161

CW 175

I have managed a loss since my last check in which is good but was hoping for a little more I guess. Last week was a bit hit and miss on the steps due to a whole day stuck in a meeting and then a whole day stuck in a car driving to Paris on Friday and back again again on Sunday. But on the upside I did attend all my regular classes over the week ( apart from dancing on Friday). This morning I upped the weights from 1kg to 2kg in my legs bums and tums class too - shoulders are feeling it now though 🙂

Food wise I have been doing OK but have not been logging my food religiously - so I really need to get back to that as I notice too many "snack" items might creep in without me noticing so to speak. And I really need to cut back on the cheese - but oh how I love it and having cut out my other fav food, bread, due to the high carbs I just want to be able to eat something I like!! Just not maybe everyday.

I spent the weekend in Paris at a Fastpitch softball tournament - hubby and son were playing and I was taking pictures - lots of steps walking around the fields 🙂 And then on the last game of the weekend I got called on as closing pitcher. WOW! Ok we were winning by a lot so it was a safe call but it was my first ever Fastpitch game and I even struck a couple of people out. Felt very pleased with myself. I noticed a real difference in my fitness levels too as last season just carrying my heavy camera around was enough to give me back ache by the end of the day but this time my back was fine, I was jogging around the fields and when I was called in to play it felt great. I am really looking forward to the full season this year.

So my goals for this week are to log my food, drink more water and less G&T and get my steps up or else my challenge mates will be knocking spots off me!!

Happy Tuesday everyone

Best Answer

@Florriel

Pitching fast pitch and winning is exciting. Good for you, indeed.

I agree about those sneaky snacks and loving cheese. I stopped buying cheese sticks for now and just have some feta cheese in an omelet and sprinkle parmesan on veggies. Both have strong yummy tastes so a little goes a long way.  Staying mindful of how many almonds or walnuts I eat is key for me as a large handful can add calories. I have been counting them out to stay out of trouble and then it is 4 or 5 halves not 10-12 or more. 5x14=70 cals vs double that for 10.  

Stay strong athelete,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@HeartBiller

You have this since with the help of God you can do great things. 

Each time that you go near food pray to be aware and mindful to choose low cal health. You will feel super duper when you make the 50 lb milestone. You can choose to focus like a laser on your goal.

We are rooting you on,

Barbara G

Best Answer

Hi @Bobbinyc

Thank you. Yes I'll ask someone to video both the waltz and the foxtrot. Certainly glad to share them.  Made it to 145.6 this morning which is lower than I've been since Aug. 2016. Some of that is belly fat so that is good.  Hoping to fast off another .7 or so by Sat. to crack through 145. At healthy BMI just too much belly fat left for my taste. 

Hope that you are doing well with darned logging. Logging is helping me tolerate hunger feeling better since I have such low cal goals.  Veggies in quantity are filling so I've been doing 2 cups or more of veggies with a sprinkle of parmesan to fill up. Today I will eat a salmon patty for protein for lunch or dinner. Eggs for breakfast.

OK time to start the day for real.

Stay strong,

Barbara G

Working out early seems to be good for you. Do you walk or stretch for a couple minutes each hour on the sitting days? 

Best Answer

Hi all 

SW 2/20  149.2

CW 3/21  145.4 (-3.8)

It is happening bit by bit.

BMI 22.8 now

UGW 135 -137 range

We can do this,

barb g 

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrot Great job on losing fat!  Finally the scale cooperates.  I can't always work out early - depends on my work schedule.  Yesterday, after working out, I was still able to do some flights of stairs each hour, in addition to grabbing some water. I don't always have the energy for that.  The weather is beautiful out now, so I'll head out for a walk when I'm done, around 3pm here.  I'd much rather walk outside than do a treadmill any day.

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrotI too would love to see your dances! What an inspiration. One might laugh, but I myself have NEVER danced. Well other than acting crazy with the kids in the living room or out in the yard..lol. It's something I used to think I would like, but never thought I was coordinated enough to do it. 

Thanks for the encouragement! I really need it. My husband and I started this together and he has been my biggest supporter through all this but he is slacking as well and now we just seemed to both be off track, however at the moment I think the 50 pound badge is just screaming my name for some reason I desperately want it before my one year anniversary mark of this journey! So, I may have to get tough on him...lol. For example, we have to go help out at the church tonight with getting lights and all set up for our youth to do skits tomorrow night, so he calls and says he told them we would bring pizza... Now not that it was awful for him to say that..lol. He is a very loving man who is always willing to help and I do not mind a bit to feed the kids... BUT... Pizza is my FAVORITE food. So now it turns in to major resistance for me.  So I guess I will try to fill up on something before we pick the pizza up..lol, so I don't over do it. Oh well.. I will make it through this..lol.

I WILL GET THIS 50 POUND BADGE BY THE END OF THIS CHALLENGE!!!! (hopefully before)

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

I'm finally back to walking again.  It's been a trip.  First the bronchitis which took a month to really get over it and then my Fitbit went down this last weekend.  My daughter who has a Samsung Gear Fit2 thought it would be nice if we had matching trackers so she went and got me one.  Luckily she has a Alta Fitbit which she wasn't using but it doesn't have the heart rate monitor but that's okay, I'm not going to be picky.  Nothing like walking around with 2 trackers on your arm to see how they measure up to each other.  The Gear Fit2 is for Android phones not so much for an Iphone.  But seems to work in all the right areas.  I'm just glad to be walking again. 

Been great reading everyone's messages and seeing all the support for everyone.  Hope to be dropping some lbs myself in the next couple of weeks since I put it all back on when I was sick. Watching my calories closely and trying to stay within the limit.  Lots of salad and fresh veggies at times.  But that is okay as I need to eat more of those anyway. 

Everyone have a great afternoon and evening.

Best Answer

@HeartBiller Resist the pizza !!! Smiley Happy

It has been an inspiring read, catching up on everyone!  

This has to be one of the most supportive forums.  I am glad to be here.

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrot  Wow!  You are making up for lost time.  Wonderful.  I'm so glad the scale is responding.

Best Answer

@Ava_  I agree with you - this forum is very special.  When I joined ages ago, it was @dancefoxtrot who was setting the tone with wisdom, kindness, and great ideas about how to think about our choices and ourselves.  There was always some support, good suggestions, and some humor.  It really does make a huge difference.

Best Answer

Sigh. I must admit, that 4 lb water retention that showed up on the scale this morning has put me in a funk. I know what it is, I know that it won't stay, I know that it's just timing, but even when I can reason it all out in my mind, the haunting of that number 310 causes an ache in my belly. It looks like I've gone back 2-3 wks. Inklings of 'I haven't been able to walk so maybe I did gain' have crept in. I know that's not it, because I was still careful with food. It's just the monthly visitor and probably some extra sodium.

Will I ever be able to just NOT think this crap? Why is this such a mental game? I want to turn it off and just do what I do, ya know? We'd all be so much more happy and successful if we had a switch to flick each time our minds strayed to these minute details and when we question ourselves. When we have doubts "flick". When we are down on ourselves "flick". When we question our methods "flick".  Maybe I'll get a shock collar. hahaha.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer