Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Goal 50 to 100 Pounds

Hi! 

I'm trying to lose 75 pounds, hopefully at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. I started on my journey a week and a half ago and I'm currently down 3.6 pounds.  I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and if you want friends for extra motivation feel free to add me.  🙂

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Keep Stepping!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

hi

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have 91lbs to lose 😞 just re-started with the Fitbit flex and this time I'm in it for the long term. I keep giving up and binging on rubbish when I just need to stick at it. Easier said than done though. My physical and mental health is really suffering now so I need to do something about it. I'm finding the flex a bit more motivating than the One because it's on my wrist all the time and I can see it which reminds me to get off my fat bum and move. It also reminds me by being on my wrist when I'm deciding what to eat so hopefully we will make progress this time without giving up!
Maddison
Best Answer

Good morning, Lisa and Edinburgh Lass - welcome!!

I am on the same journey - started in earnest on 4.11.15 and am down to 217. I found yoga and that has helped A LOT !!

I also journal and wear my flex - for me naps and sweets were the biggest things going for me prior to yoga. Loved them both. Had many nights spent w/Ben and Jerry. I started by cutting out sugars and white flour - no bread, soda, added sugar items - ice cream, candy; now what that being said - I have had an occasional slice or serving of bread.

For me - this has to be a marathon, not a sprint. I had made changes to my lifestyle not just my eatng. I have began measuring my food, too because I don't know what a serving size is.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and reach out when you need to.

Again, welcome and you CAN do this!!

Best Answer

I'm up for the challenge! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Thanks guys, feeling in need of motivation! Ive lost the first 14lbs and gained it back so many times!! I need to stick at it this time and keep going!

Maddison
Best Answer

by the way, I recnelty changed my fitbit name but it's still showing as Edinburgh Lass on the forum. If my screen name suddenly changes to Maddison then it's still me!

Maddison
Best Answer

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've owned my Fitbit One for some time; it's the successor to my Ultra, which broke. I recently re-committed myself to losing weight and getting fit. I'm watching what I eat and recording it here (and on Sparkpeople). I work from home, so I bought a treadmill/desk, which is really helping me to keep moving during the day, and not incidentally, giving me higher than usual step counts. I'm definitely still in the honeymoon period, but I am proud to say I've lost a little over 13 lbs in the last month!

I really need to stay motivated and ready for the plateaus when they come. I've got a long way to go and I am determined to go the distance this time.

Best Answer

EdinburghLass I would change that to a smile because you are actually doing something about it!  I have only had mine since last night and I have to say, it is definitely motivating me!  I worked out harder this morning because I knew it was watching me LOL

Best Answer

Thanks x yes it is motivating. Good luck in your weight loss journey :-))))

Maddison
Best Answer
Good luck! Just started my fitness Renaissance since having my baby in March. Seems like getting started and making it through the first few weeks is one of the hardest parts in the journey!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Adriness you can do it!!!

Currently I'm super frustrated.  I finally got my Fitbit last night and have been so excited and motivated using it today. I was on track to hit my goal with my evening workout but I got home and the AC is out. Not only is it costing boatloads of $$$ but I can't workout in this. (I live in Phoenix, it's 114 degrees outside right now at 8:30pm.) I can barely even sit here. Oh well...maybe I'll sweat the weight off..... 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lisa,

I purchased a fitbit One and received it yesterday, so this is my 2nd day in  use.  As you, I've got 75 lbs. to drop.  Certainly it will be difficult for me, but must do it.  Two-a-half years ago I had surgery on my back and last year I broke my ankle.  Unfortunately for both events I was laid up and inactive for a long time.  As a result, I gained LOTS of weight and now I can't seem to lose those pounds.  I could use the additional motivational support.

Phyllis

Best Answer

Phyllis I'm so sorry to hear that!  Getting in the weight loss game though is awesome!  Doing this journey with the support of others is definitely helping me and motivating me!  I love my Charge HR!  It keeps me motivated and holds me accountable!  Good Luck!!! 🙂

Best Answer
Hello, I just purchased a Fitbit charge hr. I'm here to get support I want to lose 50 lbs, well more like need to. My problem is diet. I can workout, I just don't eat much and when I do, I don't eat properly. I tend to bindge eat then hate myself. 😔 anyway, today, I've decided to change that! It's all Mind over matter, right?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ayo I'm so glad you are here! The support from others on here and on the LoseIt! app has kept me motivated! So far I loverheard my charge hr. I push myself harder because I know it's tracking me.

I completely understand the self loathing. My issue tends to be pasta and cheese. I guess it's the Italian in me lol. Together though we can do it!
Best Answer
0 Votes
*Love .... not quite sure what loverheard is lol
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ugh I hate working out in heat or humidity... Right now I am focusing on walking with baby in her bjorn... Adds an extra 14 pounds of resistance! Good luck with your AC, lisa1980!
Best Answer
0 Votes