Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Goal 50 to 100 Pounds

Hi! 

I'm trying to lose 75 pounds, hopefully at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. I started on my journey a week and a half ago and I'm currently down 3.6 pounds.  I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and if you want friends for extra motivation feel free to add me.  🙂

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428

Hi Everybody.

I started 2 weeks ago when I got my fitbit Charge HR. I love it, but I'm surprised that with careful dieting and walking 10k - 12k a day, the scale just doesn't move. I have thyroid issues and elevated blood sugar levels, and I'm 55, so I know it's hard, but dang! I cut out grains, almost all sugar, and fruit. I'm trying to stay at 1200 calories, even though my fit bit says I need to eat more. (which seems rediculous since I'm not even losing now). Any tips or added motivation would be appreciated. I'm detemined to get fit and lose weight. I'm tired of looking like Santa Claus.Woman Frustrated  I guess I'll lower my calories even more or try protein shakes only for a few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@ImURHuckleberry - i totally understand the frustration, but i don't think you should go below 1200 a day. Try staying the course for a few more weeks. If you still aten't seeing results, perhaps a visit w ypur physician and or a dietician could help you solve this mystery. Starving isnt the solution. Take it slow and be kind to yourself, this isn't a race...it's a marathon. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@blueflutetoplay Thank you for the quick reply. No, not to worry, I'm not going to starve myself, I just meant that some people might have an idea of how to kick start ones metabolism, by doing a few lower calorie days to rev up the metabolism, alternating food groups, something like that. I've been reading a lot about metabolisms and get lots of different information. I just thought I'd see if anyone else here had similar problems and had any tips to get things moving.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The food plan you are following doesn't sound like a good one to me. Cutting out grains and such is not the way to lose weight. When you cut down food to such an extreme, it actually has the oppposite effect than you're working towards. I recommend you do some research online - there's so much info out there. I've been very successful so far following a food plan given to me by a dietitcian which seems to just be healthy eating (so many grains per day, veg per day etc.) My food plan has me at 1600 calories per day and I have almost 80 pounds left to go. I've been averaging 2 pounds a week for the last 2 months. Even if you're doing 1400 cals per day, you should be having around: 4+ veg/day, 3 fruit/day, 5 grains/day (that means whole grains), 4 protein/dairy per day and 3 fats per day. One book I would really recommend you read is "The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet" Don't let the title fool you. It's really all about how to eat healthy and lose weight.
Best Answer

I guess it's a good time for me to check in.  I'm on track...yay!  I've made a goal of attempting to lose 10 pounds per month until June (then I'm on vacation).  So far so I'm averaging just under ten between Jan/Feb.  I'm not expecting to be successful each month but I do well with stretch targets - they don't dissuade me if I don't meet them.

I've recently committed to 11k steps per day although I still give myself a break on Sundays.

How's everyone else doing?  Anyone participating in any good challenges?  I'm always looking for new motivations as I do tend to get bored quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been over a year since you shared your goal- How are you doing?

No Regrets because I live my life like I'm a beast

Best Answer

It's been a tough go of it for me. Nothing really has been stopping me (other than my fitbit not working for a couple of months, but it's fixed now.) I'm having trouble reaching my daily goal, but things are falling in to place.  Thanks for checking in.  It's reinvigorated me for posting.  There are some really lovely people in this thread that I'm sure would all like to get back in to posting to the group.

I've put a bookmark on my bar to remind me to check in daily to see what's going on and be supportive of others just like I need the support.

My path isn't always straight or clear, but at least I'm on the way somewhere.
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer

I am hoping to lose 85lbs , I am following a Low fat diet  plan whilst using swimming and walking as a form of exercise . I would love some friends to motivate me and I them 🙂 Please add if you feel we can help each other .

Best Answer

I'm trying to eat healthier and lose weight (about 70 1bs) as well. I've been having trouble getting back on track but am feeling pretty motivated right now so I'm looking to find other people in the same situation to help keep me motivated. We can do this!!!!  ~ Kim

Best Answer