Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Watchers - Smart Points

How many people here are on Weight Watchers and specifically, how many are following Smart Points?  How do you like it so far?  I'm finding it tougher, but that is paying off at the scale, so I like that! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
74 REPLIES 74

I am using weight watchers and I LOVE IT!

it is harder but it keeps me more accountable than if i was doing it on my own. I am down 26 lbs so far and am still going to continue to do both!

Best Answer
I have join WW online as of the New Year and, while I have not had a ton of success so far (-6.8, -.2, +.2 for the three weeks so far), I am enjoying the focus and discipline it gives me along with the ways my Fitbit tends to motivate more movement!
Best Answer

@jdeese I am so glad you are loving it!  I go to meetings with my husband, for the same reason, just to get on that scale and be held accountable.  He is a lifetime member and I hope to be one soon too! 

26 pounds is great - congratulations!  It's so nice that it tracks our fitbit activity automatically now too!  Love that!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only a guy would say - "not a ton of success so far" after losing 6.8 in 3 weeks!  Smiley HappyThat's awesome - it really is!  It's funny though how much the scale can fluctuate - especially those pesky .2's!  The focus/discipline and awareness of what we are doing and/or not doing - really works for me too!  Good luck for continued success and just know that all of us girls would LOVE to be down 6.8 pounds in 3 weeks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks so much @Maura-CA and thats awesome that he is a lifetime member! congrats to him! you can do it!!! one step at a time! and yes i love that our fitbits will connect as well. it hate math and it makes it a TON easier lol.

Best Answer
@Maura-CA, lol; actually I am a woman--the Rob portion of my username is the first three letters of my given name, Roberta. I go by Bobbie. And I completely agree that 6.8 is a laudable first week loss--I was very, very happy to have achieved it and found it very motivating. What has SUUUUUCKED since, though, is to lose only .2, then GAIN .2 back the following two weeks' weigh ins. That has never happened to me before, not even during my childbearing years. I was ALWAYS able to lose something for several consecutive weeks upon getting started on a new weight-loss effort before plateauing sometime thereafter...typically, I would drop 30-45 lbs before the failure to lose or the gaining would kick in. And this time, I am doing far more physical activity that I have been able to do in the past two years, so I really expected my body to respond like it used to do. But, I am keeping my chin up and looking to self-motivate where I can.
Best Answer
Thank you! I'm feeling motivated and plan on getting lifetime status this year! Thanks for the encouragement. @jdeese
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oops @Robcorc

Even more impressive now that I know you're female! Lol. May the plateaus be few and far between! We are all in this together!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I like it. It really didn't change to much for me. I pretty much ate this way on PP. Milk is higher and I love milk. But found a fa!rlite that is 2SP. Tastes better than fat free as well
Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hello,

I been doing WW for 4 weeks now and lost 8.6 pounds and a fit bit challendge wearer too. I like the new program been a life time member before and lost ove 52 pounds but serval fractures set me way off so I rejoin. but i still can't do a lot of execises due to joint pain and how do I know that my fit bit is sincing to my fitbit.? i did poke it in.   any help with this would be great and any over 50 + out there with WW or fit bit we can work together.      Thanks  

"V"

Best Answer
I'm liking the new plan a lot!
Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner Fitbit and WW are a winning combination!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you are doing well this week. I am going on my 4th week on Tuesday the 9th. I have lost 4.6, 4.6 and then .4= 9.6 in 3 weeks. I started the gym on monday feb 8 so i hope that will help me to loose wieght faster. You are doing a great job, and you are going to be more healthier and fit. 

Best Answer

@NellyBell79 Woot you are doing awesome!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
Another week for me and up AGAIN, .8 this time. Ugh. I need a shift, but do not know where to nor how. I know it is not the food, as I am eating whole and wholesome. And I know that it is not the increased activity--my body is thriving with it, though it is only "exercise" in comparison to the NOTHING I was able to do before. Thinking I may need to go LCHF for a week to jog my system? Also going to be looking for a nutrutionist locally who can come in and go over everything with me...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Robcorc Are you weighing and measuring your food?

Whats LCHF?

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
@WendyB Of course. I was struggling to eat all my smart points, leaving 5-7 on the table each day. I was finding that with all the zero point fruits and veg, I was certainly full each day without eating them all, and I am not a big meat/flesh/dairy eater. Needless to say, I was not tapping weekly points at all. And I had started exercising just three weeks ago, tracking activity through Fitbit, and am increasing earned activity points--108 this past week. So this past week, I resolved to work hard to get all of my dailies in, and did so 5 out of 7 days, and I actually dipped into weeklies 2 days as well. That all based on the idea that I was not eating enough for my size and increased activity. Great theory. Up 1.4 lbs. **ahem**.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@WendyB Oh, and LCHF is what they call low carb now, apparently...lean proteins, veg, good fats, no processed white. Limited to no grains. Kinda Whole 30ish, I think?
Best Answer

@Robcorc

Are your Muscles sore at all?

If you increased the activity it could be because your muscles will retain water with increase activity. It will go away. needs needs time

I would give it another week doing what you are doing and see what happens. Because it sounds like you are eating well. 

Might want to add more Healthy fats to make sure you get all the SP in daily when you are short. Avocado, nuts, oil.

Another thing you might consider is the Simply filling program. Do you know abotu this?

Lets us know what happens next week.

Community Council Member

Best Answer