Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I’m not losing weight as faster as before

Last May my monthly period won’t stop and it leads me to go to the doctor and she advised me to lose weight because I was obese at that time, I was 85 kg. My doctor said at that time that if I was not 20+ my condition will be a lot more worse. So last June I started my journey with 700 calories a day (i know it’s unhealthy but I was desperate) with indoor cycling 45 mins. and cardio for 15-20 mins. I lost 10 kg (75kg) after a month but now I’m still in 72 kg and its been a month too. My belly is still big and my legs too! Currently I’m having a 1000 calories a day and 30 minutes cardio and 15k steps.. so is this routine not enough? I mean its been a month .. I felt so discouraged.

p.s my metabolism is hella bad so maybe one of the reasons too

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome @maoumaou and congratulations on your initial success.

Your situation is very commonly reported in this forum.  Rather that restating what has been already said so many times, I'd suggest you take some time to read through the many dozens of old threads on this topic, and take the good advice offered therein.

One bit of advice:  weight loss is almost completely about eating, not exercise.  If weight loss is your primary goal, then I'd focus 100% of your effort on controlling what, when, and how much you eat.

Best Answer

10 kg (almost 12% of your starting weight) in one month is enormous, and very likely why it stopped working so fast. In cases like this, I like to point to the Losing All Your Weight At Once video, which advocates precisely the opposite, and explains why. Don’t let the big hairy dude presenting in the video intimidate you: what he has to say applies to everyone interesting in losing (a lot of) weight, including women. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for replying! And yeah I will do that thanks again ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes

I watched his video and it was mind blowing.. thanks a lot. I was struggling a lot by my ways on doing this but that video cleared up my mind, thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If what Dr. Mike Israetel explained in the video made sense to you, you may want to consider an e-book co-authored by him titled "Understanding Healthy Eating". For more info about it, see this older topic. You can get the main points of the book without or before buying it by listening to the two podcasts referenced in this other topic. The book provides all you need to know about nutrition explained in layman’s words, everything in it is backed by scientific evidence and it doesn’t try to "sell" you on one particular way of eating (in fact, it argues it’s possible to be healthy eating in many different ways). The book also offers practical advice on how to optimally structure your diet, for people who need or want to lower their weight.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

10 kg (almost 12% of your starting weight) in one month is enormous, and very likely why it stopped working so fast. In cases like this, I like to point to the Losing All Your Weight At Once video, which advocates precisely the opposite, and explains why. Don’t let the big hairy dude presenting in the video intimidate you: what he has to say applies to everyone interesting in losing (a lot of) weight, including women. 

Wow, that's a really good video!  It matches up with what I've been experiencing lately.  I'm on a maintenance phase, which takes a lot of work to avoid gaining the weight back, but I've gotten so I'm able to maintain my 150 pounds on a fairly comfortable 1800 calories a day and minimal exercise.  That's an achievement in itself.  I'm gradually adding in about 30 calories each week, to train my body to maintain weight on more food.  I don't expect to be able to eat a whole lot more that this, but we'll see.   I think this is the first time I've ever lost weight without starting to gain it back immediately.  It does take the same vigilance as dieting, but you get to eat more, so it's okay.   For the first time in twenty years, I'm maintaining weight (rather than gaining) on an amount of food that doesn't leave me hungry.  That hasn't happened since I had my first pregnancy.  

I think the guy in the video is more of a "big smooth dude" than a "big hairy dude", but only his hairdresser knows for sure.  As they say.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
@elderwanda wrote:

I think the guy in the video is more of a "big smooth dude" than a "big hairy dude", but only his hairdresser knows for sure.  As they say.  

I’ve seen him hairier, such as here:

2018-09-03_2159.png

But that doesn’t change the fact he knows his stuff!

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer