Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how often do you weigh yourself?

Hi! I got my fitbit for Xmas and love it! Just wondering how often you weigh in? I have been weighing every day but this morning I saw a 2.25lb gain...in a day? How is this possible, or is it normal? Ate my allowed calories yesterday..in fact was a few under budget.
Help!
Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Thanks, @Dominique! I've never done weight watchers, but I know a lot of people who have, and they all talk about accountability, and how that's the thing that really made the difference. 

Nikki | NYC
Flex | Mac | Android Samsung Galaxy S5
Best Answer
0 Votes

I weigh every morning. Don't be alarmed by fluctuations. There are so many things that can affect your weight (Time of day, hydration, time of the month.) It's the trend that matters.

If you want to weigh daily try

trendweight.com It will generate a graph showing your trend.
Mine is a bumpy down hill with a couple of dips. I'm happy with it thus far.

Best Answer

This is false, you should weigh every morning for a week then divide by 7 this gives your average 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Matty0121  Welcome to the community.fitbit.com forums.  First thing you need to do in here is check the date of whatever you read the was posted because often what is showing is YEARS OLD.    You need to click on the little triangle arrow thing pointing to the right to go to the most recent thing posted.  The person you responded to may have lost interest in this site years ago and now longer looks in.  Glenda

Best Answer
0 Votes

My approach, and it's not for everyone, is to weigh myself twice a day: right after I wake up and straight before I go to sleep. Weight fluctuates much day-to-day and even over a single day (water being the primary culprit). The more often I weigh myself, the more variables that stay the same between weighing and the next, and the more I know about my body. That is how I know that trying to lose 1-2 pounds per week isn't happen. https://mangoclinic.com/top-14-health-enthusiasts-debunk-weight-loss-myths-with-3-helpful-advises/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I personally weigh myself the same time everyday.  I find this removes as many variables as possible that may account for fluctuations.  If my weight is higher than the day before, I reflect upon what happened the day before.  Sometimes it makes me realize 'oh yeah, I did eat more and do less'..or maybe I don't get to the bottom of it.

I guess it might be confusing how I personally look at weighing everyday. I say that because I think its very helpful to use that information on a day-to-day basis BUT not let it effect your mindset if its not what you expected to see. Use that information but also don't. Also as others have said, use it as a way to trend what you do vs what your body does. I find it hard to 'bounce back' based off of results you only get weekly

Best Answer
0 Votes