Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for friends - 50s and female and getting fabulous!

Hi!  I'm looking for some friends for motivation and support.  I'm 51, female, and working on losing 30 lbs.  My A1c is pre-diabetic so I'm shedding some weight to try and get it under control. 

Anyone?

Best Answer
2,010 REPLIES 2,010

I am 53 and am also dealing with some pre-diabetes. I want April to be my month of getting back on track. I  hope to get motivation from watching people in this group.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

I created a 50s female and fabulous group.  I'm kind of new to the fitbit community.  Maybe I'll see some of you there?

Best Answer

Im looking for friends to help keep me going.  Ive got about 45 pounds to get rid of.  Ive only had my One for less than a week, but already Im addictied. If anyone needs a friend to help motivate and cheer you on please add me.   

Best Answer
Hi Karen,
I just read your post.
I would love to be friends with you.
Seems like we have the same goals in mind.
My husband just encouraged me to make more friends
in the FITBIT Community.

I am 56 years old and I need to lose 40 pounds
I have lost 18-20 so far! I have the FITBIT ONE to help
me stay on track.

I will see if I can look you up.

If not, I go by "BB" on the fitbit community.

May you have much success!

Future friends,
BB

Bonita Bertrand
Best Answer

Hi,  I'm 52 and prediabetic.  I'd like to lose some weight as well.  I will try to keep you motivated and help you climb (crawl if you need to) over the hump.  Good luck in your weight loss.  How many steps are you averaging a day?

Best Answer

Karen,  )

As a graveyard shift worker, I totally understand the night time grazing part.  I've started making small snacks and keeping them in the fridge.  I've purchased some snack ziploc bags at the Dollar Store (I'm frugal).  I cut up some celery and place it in the bag. I also placed some grapes in the bag (only 8 fit) and freeze them.  I have some of the under 100 cal yogurts.  I've placed them in a small fridge that fits under my desk and when the craving hits, the fridge gets opened.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I too, would love some support and competition from others in the 50's+ group!  I am 55 and trying to maintain my weight.  I've lost a total of 40lbs (but would love to lose about 10 more - just to be on the safe side).  I will be requesting friendships, so please feel free to add me or accept me!

Best Answer

A little back ground on me - I have struggled with my weight, most of my adult life (2 kids and 50lbs later).  I joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) back in September 2010 and lost 40lbs.  I reached my goal in 2011 and have been struggling ever since.  I got my fitbit in September 2013 and love it.  I still struggle with my 10,000 step a day goal (average about 8,000 during the week / 10,000 on the weekend).  I need you all to help encourage me to reach my step goal during the week.  Maybe we can set up some little competitions between us?

Best Answer
Awesome! ?I can always use new friends and encouragement!! ?Let's get WALKING!!
Best Answer

Hi all, 

I will be 50 in October and have over 80 pounds to lose. I've tried so many times to change my lifestyle that I don't even want to tell anyone I'm trying "again". I want to play with my grandchildren and clean my house without having to take a break every 20 minutes. I'm here for you to talk to ...anytime Woman Wink

Best Answer

Well, I made 10,000 steps on Monday and Thursday.  I've been wearing my fitbit, faithfully for 10 months now, but I haven't seriously tried to get my 10,000 steps in on a daily basis.  I'm hoping, that by joining all you 50's+ ladies, that it will give me the encouragement that I need.  My first goal is 4 times a week.  Since my week is Monday to Sunday.....I am half way there!  I just need to get 10,000 steps on 2 more days.  I am fairly confident that I will do it.  Let's get moving ladies!!!

Best Answer

I applaud your dedication. I have struggled to lose any weight. I am just trying to stay as active as I can but I do love looking at my total steps every day. let's keep kicking it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am a TOPS member--congratulations on KOPS!! I love a little competition--got anything in mind?  Let's do this!!

Best Answer

Is anyone else struggling? 

Best Answer

I struggle every day!  I have really been struggling for about a year now.  Although I haven't lost my KOPS status yet......I've come close twice now.  Right now I am 1 pound above my leeway.  I have 2 weeks to get back below, or I loose my Status.  I REFUSE to loose status, so that makes me more determined than ever to kick someone's Ass (namely mine!!!)

Best Answer
0 Votes
GREAT job! ?So proud of you! ?I rarely get 10K a day - normally on the weekends. ?I guess I need to make a point to get up from my desk and walk around a few minutes each hour. ?Very challenging!
Best Answer

I am also turning 50 in October,  I lost 41 pounds since January and I still need to lose 40 more pounds.  I can use a friend to keep me motivated.

Best Answer
Just keep on the same path and you will reach your goal.
?
Viola Rios

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Best Answer

It is now Sunday evening and I made my 10,000 steps on 4 days this week!  I will aim for 10,000 5 days this coming week.  I know I can do it!

Best Answer

Hi. I'm a newbie here too.  56 years young, type II,  and on too many meds. to list.  Aside from having to lose 30+ lbs., I would love to lose some of the meds. as well.  I am very motivated since getting Gilligan (yes, I named my flex cause it's my 'little buddy.').  Would love to stay motivated with new friends!

Best Answer