Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enter my period, app not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot enter my period. It’s clearly an issue with the app. You are supposed to press the date, which l did and you can feel a slight vibration, then tap the pencil and that’s the part that is absolutely not working. Any suggestions? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @MelissaAnn4789Heart

Thanks for reaching out the Forums. Please force quite the Fitbit App. You should have the latest version of the Fitbit app downloaded too. 

If a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period at the bottom of the page. Please confirm the following: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

If you already checked those details and still you're not able to add your period, please confirm what model of phone are you using and if possible send an screenshot of what you can see from your end.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

The pencil and the date for editing a period is also completely unresponsive for me as well. And since I just started today it’s making me quite stabby 😂

Best Answer

Welcome on board @MamaDrama, it's nice to have a new member around! Hmmm.. this is very strange. I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

For more information about this feature, see: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

If the issue persists and the pencil is unresponsive, I'd appreciate if you can attach me a screenshot showing what you get. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

followed all those steps and still nothing. Had to wait for the actual day the app predicted I would start before I could edit it. Hopefully if I run into this again in the future it won’t be an issue but for now there wasn’t a way to change the start date until the day the app predicted the start. 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

having exactly the same issue here. date vibrates but can't make any changes. Have updated, force quit and restarted... but still the same. 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Glitter333@sarab73, and @MamaDrama! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our Female Health feature. We provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

For more detailed information about this topic, please see this post from @YojanaFitbitSmiley Very Happy

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same issue here, even after quitting, switching off, logging in again etc. Not really good enough Fitbit ...

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @WaterlooGirl! I appreciate the time you've taken in order to sort this out, nice way to go!

Since the inconvenience persists, please see this post from @YojanaFitbit

Hope that helps, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @MarreFitbit but that post does not help as it’s not the problem I’m experiencing. My predicted period starts tomorrow but my actual period started today and I am unable to edit it using the usual suggested ways. I get a small vibration when I click today’s date but can’t ‘slide’ the date, and the edit pencil is unresponsive. It’s worked in previous months so not sure why it’s stooped working. Maybe the latest update has caused a problem?

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @WaterlooGirlDuring your predicted period, you’re asked to confirm whether your period started. As you said you're prompted to tap "Yes" to confirm that your period started or "Not Yet" if it hasn’t started. We advise to tap "Edit" to adjust the dates before you confirm your period. 

As you've noticed, If you confirm a predicted period, the predicted period becomes a confirmed period. If you don’t confirm a predicted period, the prediction remains on your calendar. After the last day of the prediction window passes, the entire predicted period shifts to the next day; this is an expected behavior or the Fitbit App.

Note that the calendar doesn’t update until after midnight and Fitbit uses the data you provide to estimate your predictions. Initially, your predictions take into account the average cycle and period lengths you provide during setup. Log your period consistently to receive more accurate predictions.

I was making some research and was able to find this idea that you're suggesting:

Please cast a vote for this suggestion and leave a comment to show your support. Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product! 

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t mean to be rude @MarreFitbit, but you have simply repeated the same solution that I already pointed out does not work for my problem! My predicted period does not start until tomorrow whilst my actual period started today, so I don’t have the ‘not yet’ option etc that you have suggested. I’m afraid your ‘solution’ is irrelevant for my problem, but thanks for trying to help. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @WaterlooGirlI have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. 

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, did all the recommended fixes and it’s still not working. Please create a complaint for me too! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @gchachere, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience. Nice way to go!

Can you please share with me a screenshot of what you're getting in the Female Health Tile when trying to update your periods? Also, can you please let me know which version of the Fitbit app you have installed? 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My period was a day early this month. For me the current day and all future dates all had a grey pencil and could not be edited. I tapped on yesterday's date which had a black pencil so I was able to edit my period like that. 

So the current work around for this issue is to tap on a day that has already passed, where there is a black pencil, then edit your period. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SarahRhea! Thanks for getting back and for letting us know what has worked for you. I'm sure this will be of help to other users. 

Let me know if you have any questions present. Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly same issue everything else works except this and exits out and says not responding.  Tried logging out restarting and turning bluetooth off and on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the very same issue!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes