Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Female health causing app to crash?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I click on the female health tile the whole app just crashes every time. Anyone else having this issue? I've restarted my phone, app is up to date, I've logged out and logged back in. Nothing has worked. I'm on android.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to have a new member around @SommerBrookeSmiley Very Happy Thanks for bringing this to my attention and thanks for already troubleshooting this crashing inconvenience, nice way to go! 

Additionally of what you've done, please try the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android version should be on 2.72.1 as of today)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling your Fitbit app. If this doesn't solve the issue, let me know please. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

It's nice to have a new member around @SommerBrookeSmiley Very Happy Thanks for bringing this to my attention and thanks for already troubleshooting this crashing inconvenience, nice way to go! 

Additionally of what you've done, please try the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android version should be on 2.72.1 as of today)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling your Fitbit app. If this doesn't solve the issue, let me know please. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you! I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. The female health is working! But now the quick reply is not an option. But I'm still happy! Thanks for your help!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear it worked @SommerBrookeWoman Very Happy 

Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Quick Replies.

From what app are you receiving the notifications?  If you don't see the option to "reply" to the message is because Quick Replies aren't available for the app that sent the notification.

The apps that will let you send Quick Replies from your watch are the following:

• Text Messages
  • Whatsapp
  • Twitter
  • Facebook Messenger
  • WeChat
  • Line

Additionally, you will first need to have your Versa running the latest firmware version and an Android device running OS version 7 or above. If you aren't sure if you can update this you can always check with your carrier as they sometimes can update phones in their own support centers. You can also refer to the help article for more information about setting up and the requirements for quick replies.

I'll be around, keep me in the loop! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The app shows that I have quick reply, and I can even edit them for my text messages, but when I get a text, it only says clear. Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm... this is very strange my friend. Quick replies are automatically turned on for any supported apps that send notifications from your phone to your watch. For instructions on how to turn on notifications, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

To receive and respond to messages from your watch, your phone must be nearby with Bluetooth turned on.

When you receive a notification from your phone, your watch vibrates. To respond with a quick reply:

1. Tap the notification on your watch. To see recent messages, swipe down from the clock face.
  2. Tap Reply. If you don’t see an option to reply to the message, quick replies aren’t available for the app that sent the notification.
  3. Choose a text reply from the list of quick replies or tap the emoji icon to choose an emoji.

If you're not able to do any of this, please send me a screen shot showing what you get whenever you try to reply with quick replies or what you get on your Fitbit app so I can go from there. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So it gives me the option to customize,  but only "clear" appears on my watch. I have no phone updates and fitbit is up to date as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem. 

Everything is up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times but when clicking on the period tracking app it just shuts down the whole app 😞 

I am also on Android 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  When I click the female health tile the app crashes.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice.  I have also checked and made sure my android phone is up to date.  Any help would be appreciated.  I also noticed the female health app is not on my dashboard when I logged in via the website.  How do I add it?  

Best Answer

Welcome on board @jamorton and @Amyhayes, it's nice to see you here! I faced with the same inconvenience after updating my Fitbit app to version 2.85. So, I was wondering if you both have done the update recenlty? If so, please try syncing your tracker to make sure your data is being properly transferred. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app. I did this and the issue was solved. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  Thanks for the suggestion but I have already tried that.  It works the first time I selected the female health tile.  However, when I tried to select it again to see if the issue was truly fixed, the app crashed again.  Any other suggestions?  Could this be a glitch in the app update? The app worked fine before I did the update.  

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us with your suggestion. 

My fitbit is syncing perfectly, I have just retried uninstalling and re-installing the app again.

I have found after re-installing the period tracking will open the first time You click on it right after reinstalling but once you go out of it and then try clicking on it again, it will then close down the whole app.

I have also tried the other suggestions I have found in previous posts about turning off Bluetooth, force quitting the app, turning of phone and then turning back on Bluetooth and re logging back into the app but this doesn't work either 😕 

Best Answer

Have the EXACT same issue on Android.

Everything is up-to-date, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times but when clicking on the female health app tile it shuts down the whole app. Smiley Sad

The posted solution doesn't work to resolve the issue. Super annoying. Smiley Mad

Edit: Uninstalling/reinstalling works only for the 1st time you launch the app after re-install. After that it's just back to crashing.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  everytime i click on the female tracking it shuts down the app. I have tried uninstall and reinstalling, but the problem is still happening

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Riverdragon@Syrehn, and @Amyhayes! Thanks for following the tips and recommendations.

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. The problem has been escalated for investigation. 

We appreciate your help and will update everyone when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience!

Best Answer

Good morning  @MarreFitbit

I have just opened my female health in my fitbit app and it seems to be working as of today 🙂 

Not sure if you and your team have managed to fix the problem or if this will work permanently from now on but I just wanted to let you know that it seems to be working for me for now,  it's not shutting down the app and it is opening smoothly with no problems 🙂 

If you have managed to fix the problem, thank you for your quick response, 

(Does it work for anyone else who was having this problem now? )

Update:  @Syrehn @Riverdragon

Have you tried opening your female health app recently? I tried today and it seems to be working for now, I was wondering if it's working for anyone else and they have managed to fix the problem or if it's just working for the time being? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Amyhayes, it's nice to see you around here! I'm glad to hear that your Female Health Tile is working for you.

For the time being, we're still receiving some reports about this inconveniences. As soon as we have reports, we'll keep this thread updated. 

Thanks for your input. Let me know if you have any questions present! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still crashing as of 28/05/2019.

I have logged out, forced stop, stopped Bluetooth and restarted phone. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled. Still, app closes when i view female health tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @Minet32!

I'm wondering if the app is installed on the internal storage of your phone or is located in the external storage. This option might depend of the version of Android, however if the app is in the external storage it may present this type of crashes.

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone one more time. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again. Also, please make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-dateCat Very Happy 

I would recommend to repeat the process to log out, in case that it is still crashing out;  restart your phone and try again. If the issue persist would you mind sharing with us your Android OS and Fitbit app version. 

I'll be around, keep me in the loop! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say I too am having the same problem. I have done all of the above with no success. Latest version of Fitbit has been installed, catche has been cleared and forced stop. Phone has been restarted and updated. Yet the app is continuously crashing this has been happening now for about a week I think. Just thought I would give that feedback. 

Cheers! 

Best Answer