Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the pregnancy setting?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been unable to find in any of my settings were to change my fit bit over to say in pregnant.  Where in the settings is it hidden?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi @debrawilliams. Welcome to the Forums!

About your question, let me share that currently there isn't a pregnancy setting in the Female Health Tracking. I'd suggest to check this idea posted by another user in the Feature Suggestions board and show your support by adding your vote. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. 

If you have any other question, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer

Hi @debrawilliams,

If you own a Versa, Versa Lite or Ionic then check out the free Pregnancy Tracker clock face I developed.

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/83478509-8d17-4712-891e-6122c8f93fce

Thanks!

Best Answer

What sucks is that my whole female health things are BOTCHED because it thinks I didn't have a period for 9+ months. It makes every predicted field WRONG.  I do not expect a 62 day cycle! I have to wait on my trends to catch up. This is stupid.

Best Answer

Breast feeding makes it even worse.  Because I have a five month old and have only had my cycle twice.  I’m just waiting for it to have a complete breakdown!  

Best Answer

Still boobing my 7 mo. My period never gives me a break. Kid #5 here and the longest stretch I have EVER gotten was 42 days.  I have spent 6 years of my life boobing and Fitbit would have just been confused 🙂

Best Answer

Seriously? That request was opened back in 2018, with other requests similar opened as far back as 2014. This is actually somewhat discrimitory toward pregnant women that this isn't even on the road map for Fitbit. Pregnancy isn't a new condition and many women workout during their pregnancy. Not having this on the road map speaks volumes about how Fitbit feels about pregnant women staying fit. This simple setting - which is tracked in several female tracking apps - would set fitbit apart from all other competitors. Pregnant or not, the first watch to come up with this setting will get my overwhelming support. As of today, I refuse to buy any new additional Fitbit hardware and will use my existing hardware. 

Best Answer

I completely agree with this. I'm so disappointed in Fitbit! The fact that this has been brought to their attention multiple times over the years and apparently disregarded, is ridiculous.  This is a basic function. Garmin has caught on... Just saying.... 

Best Answer

You should cut your vote requirements in half because let's not assume that those who don't experience pregnancy will think to vote for it. This should be a feature already. I'm honestly surprised no one has sued for discrimination yet. 

Best Answer

I vote to make a pregnancy setting.

at least a minimal one in the female health part that shows a due date prediction (or manual entry) and a breast feeding mode.

the heart rate and cardio fitness stuff could come later, but at least it would help to track weeks pregnant while pausing period data from accumulating.

Best Answer

Been a loyal Fitbit user for 6+ years and got everyone in my family so many friends into them, for a while... but there has been no innovation for so long, and as me and my friends hit reproductive age, the tracker has been less than helpful. I'm on my second pregnancy after a 3 year age gap, and for Mother's Day this year I think I'm switching to Garmin.

Best Answer

It would be nice if we could know why. Every response to this request is the same- go vote for it here. But how do we know we’re heard?? My Fitbit currently thinks I’m stressed and lazy and need to lose weight. It’s almost useless now besides telling the time… Why is Fitbit not adding a pregnancy setting? Apple health has added this. 

Best Answer

It's sad to see how slowly fitbit is acting on the need for a pregnancy option. It is apparently under consideration whatever that means. But personally once the fitbit I have dies, which it will since they seem to only last a few years, I am considering getting a Garmin watch if fitbit has not made this change. They can take the time to change how the app looks completely but not add this feature that women have been asking for for years? It is extremely disrespectful of them. 

Best Answer

Very disappointed in Fitbit for this! I agree with all these replies! It's been literally YEARS (since 2014 that I've seen) since this was brought to Fitbit's attention. It's pathetic, and feels down right discriminatory at this point. There is no point in tracking fertility when there is no pregnancy, breastfeeding, and pregnany test options! 

Best Answer

I haven't been able to use my watch anymore because it says my heart rate is null. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn’t agree more! I’m currently breastfeeding and just switched from Garmin and didn’t even think to check on this as I assumed Fitbit would be at least as far along as they were. Very disappointed!!! Even if it’s just a setting that pauses menstrual tracking and weight recommendations, that seems like the least they could do, especially considering how much more the Garmin offering does. I will definitely be switching back to Garmin if this isn’t addressed by the time my current watch wears out!!!

Best Answer

+1 to that. I just realized how this is not designed for women and it even isn't in the roadmap... People have been asking for it for years.

I guess pregnant women are not expected to be fit. Not even worth considering. Lovely.

Best Answer

This really is disappointing and I think FitBit really need to ask themselves why they haven’t made this modification. There doesn’t seem to be a good explanation anywhere for not doing so. It’s made me want to stop using your products and I wouldn’t recommend to friends - always would have before. Feels really discriminatory. I’ll move to Garmin. 

Best Answer

Thank you! I just downloaded the app! Now if only FitBit could care about us pregnant people and give us a setting or even revise the period tracker and give us a toggle for pregnancy but clearly that isn’t as big of a priority for them 🙃🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

is this still the case?? it's been years since that idea was posted and has been voted on 5,838 times. is there still no pregnancy mode?? 

Best Answer