Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit is not a dating app!

ANSWERED

I keep getting requests to add people (men) and then I get "I'm drawn to you cosmically" and "Let's chat on another app!" I've blocked these guys, but now I won't add anyone for fear of the same thing.  How can I add people without getting weirdos? 

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86
Oh, how do I do that?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m having the same problem!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem 

Best Answer
I'm not sure what the full conversation was. Lol "how do I do" what?

Peace, Love and Rock 'n' Roll!
Best Answer

If you are talking about blocking them tap the 3 dots in the upper corner and there is a block there. This is for Android

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Yes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for raising this!!  Me too.  I've been noticing it more and more since late last year.  They send private messages after you accept their friend requests and saying things like "Hey 'Cutie' or 'Sweetie'" or "Hey wanna chat sometime?"  FitBit needs to do something and i don't know what they can do but there needs to be an added level of security or something.  I just got out of a "FitBit Family," because all he had on his family were women!  Gross.

Best Answer

hahaha!! i'm going to change mine to my dog's now too!!  lol

Best Answer

It works the same in the iOS app, @WendyB. Tap the three dots in the upper, right corner and select Block. I agree that blocking is more effective than Ignoring. With a block, the person can no longer contact you. I make it a rule NOT to accept friend requests from anyone with zero activity. 

Best Answer

I also make it a rule NOT to accept any friend requests from those with no recent activity.  This seems to be getting much worse lately - I've just received 3 more as I'm typing this!  I think Fitbit should not allow friend requests from inactive people.

Best Answer

This is the reason my wife stopped using community features. Once she got into challenges and showed herself on the community feed she started receiving such messages. She got frustrated with that and stopped using the feature entirely.

Best Answer

It's sad that they're driving people away from Fitbit. I rarely post publicly anymore. I belong to private groups and do challenges with friends who have steps. I still have the scammers trying to friend me, and of course they're all in the military or working on an oil rig, and all are widowed with a child and looking for their Queen.

Best Answer

This happened to me today for the second time and I was going to make my own post but saw that yours was on the front page. I only got a fitbit this month and basically accepted every request because I had in a row and like challenges and wanted to build up a group of people.

It's incredibly sad because I don't want to discriminate against friending people based on age but both times I recieved a creepy message they were from men that looked old enough to be my dad! I even told the last one this before blocking him. I'm about to change my profile picture to pikachu or something.

Best Answer

Unfortunately this doesn't work, i still received a creepy message from someone who was very active.

Best Answer

I have the same rule as @LVinLA . I do not accept any friend requests from people with no activity. I block them.

Best Answer

I thought I had replied to @LVinLA 's post but I guess I didn't do it correctly. But this is good to know in the future but one of the men actually looked very active on fitbit and had a lot of posts so it isn't always the case.

Best Answer

Although I appreciate the problem....I have had problems from women who actually go to the trouble of sending pictures and asking for pics in return...

I had this one experience that weirded me out for a minute.

One relatively new friend sent me a challenge invite. I could not spare the time and thought it would be polite to respond that I could not do it but keep me in mind for the future.

The next day I noticed her post that she was deleting another person because he thought it was a date app and sure enough it was me. Are males supposed to ignore women completely? 

I'm 67 years old. It's insulting to be accused of sexual molestation.

Best Answer
Dear sir. I am glad you took the time to write about this issue. I totally agree. I have been receiving several invitations. As well as photos. Made me feel very uncomfortable. I am here to reach my weight goals not to look for romance.

Thank you,

Mercyme

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

@Patrick  Block them. Look at profile before excepting

I see no steps Or All women and they are blocked

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

total agree !

Best Answer