Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit is not a dating app!

ANSWERED

I keep getting requests to add people (men) and then I get "I'm drawn to you cosmically" and "Let's chat on another app!" I've blocked these guys, but now I won't add anyone for fear of the same thing.  How can I add people without getting weirdos? 

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

I know this post is kind of old, but there is a feature suggestion that is currently open that might help with this issue. The user that created it is asking Fitbit to not allow MobileTrack users to be able to access the Community tab in hopes that this will limit the number of scammers that plague the app.

Here's the link to go vote for the suggestion:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Don-t-allow-users-to-create-Fitbit-accounts-unle...

Best Answer

just  report them like their a helpless parakeet vs a great white shark bro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi- I just found this thread because this has been happening to me a lot within the past few months. I’ve had my Fitbit (app) for a few years but these guys have recently come out of the wood work! Not only do I delete and block them- I’ve been REPORTING their profile, too (tap the “report profile” button. I’m hoping that Fitbit will find out about these profiles and end them. Fitbit is not a dating app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the insight!!! It's been rough! Just got back to tracking my fitness goal after breaking my ankle and now all of a sudden i'm the most beautiful gal they have ever seen and what to get to know me.. like ewwww! -_- Going to start ignoring or blocking them if they come at me with these stories!! 

Best Answer

I just started having the same problem just not accepting anyone. I just want to meet people who really want to encourage each orher

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's so disgusting! How can you be like this..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ignore all requests from men - period.  Unless the person has a photo, and some info about themselves, I will refuse that person too.  It's the only way I have found to protect myself.  Of course, it limits the number of friends, but I think that is a small price to pay.

Best Answer