Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irregular Heart Notifications setup greyed out - one working solution

ANSWERED

Just for information - there are a number of questions on this topic where the problem is that (in a supported region) it is impossible to complete setup of the irregular heart notification setup because the Next button is greyed out.  There is a section which should be above this screen which requires you to verify your age, and in this scenario it doesn't show up so you can't continue.  Other people have suggested that by scrolling hard up and down and/or scrolling in different parts of the screen - you could make the option appear.  This never worked for me.

However I just noticed what my problem was.  I use reading glasses for small print, and as I don't like wearing them to look at my phone, I had turned the text size up in the general settings for my iPhone.  Setting them back to the default made the age verification section and enabled me to complete setup.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello all,

According to a recent Moderator post, Fitbit app version 4.08 should be rolled out to all users by the end of this week (19 Jan 2024).

Like others, I'm still on app version 4.06 and waiting for the app update to be available for me to install.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hello & welcome @Inadorel 

Thank you so much for sharing the steps you took to get your Irregular Heart Notifications set up. This will be helpful for others who are seeing this kind of issue. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

I am having the same issue but your fix suggestions didn’t work for me. Thanks for your message though. Fitbit can you help please?

Best Answer

I have the same issue, it just freezes and you have to clear the app. I cannot turn on notifications. I have contacted Fitbit several times, No Help that works for me. It did work. I love this feature as i have heart issues and this detects. When this feature works, it will be great.  I did go to hospital when my heart was 170 BPM and i did have Afib.  

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Contacted them last night and reported it. They took my email and hopefully will fix this bug. It worked fine before their last update on Dec 4th.

Best Answer

Tried again today to reboot phone and sync watch sill cannot turn on notifications. How long does the Versa 2 Fitbits last? 

Hope they help soon!! I think its gotta be software issue?  

Best Answer

To add to this re all the other replies,  My problem was only during the original setup - since I worked out it was the display settings it has worked fine and still is working now.  I think some other people have another unrelated problem with the app freezing.

Best Answer

My AF8B has also frozen and greyed out recently around 4th Dec. I'm worried if I miss anything! I contacted help and re booted changed clock face everything. Must be a software issue! (I hope) and I hope they fix it. Im using fitbit Luxe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No news from them yet. Very disappointing...I submitted both to community page and emailed help desk. My guess is they waiting to include it in their next update. Switching over to Google sign in may have complicated things for them. Just wish they would make some kind of a statement as to the status of the problem. I have a sense Fitbit. More of a software issue with Fitbit app as opposed to hardware issue. Hard to believe they release this updates without appropriate testing being done.

Best Answer

New Fitbit Sense 2 owner and can't set up irregular heart rythym feature either.  Get the grayed out screen after I press set up and then the app crashes.  Just got off the chat with Fitbit and got the same old response, "we know about, its an app issue, we are working on it and keep an eye out for an app update"  when I asked when that would be, they didn't have a timeline. Hoping this update isn't months away, since I'm new, just wondering how often they do app updates? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was EXACTLY my problem.  It’s the Display and Settings choice under settings. Now I just have to remember to turn it back to big type so I can see my phone!!  My problem was in the original setup as well for my Charge 6. Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just tried turning my phones font to the smallest font possible and I am
still having this issue. Is your phone Android or Apple? I have a Samsung
phone and adjusting the font size on my phones settings didn't fix this
issue. Appreciate ant help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone.  Had you changed the settings in the first place?  I only had the issue because I had increased the default font size myself

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same grayed out screen issue and have to close the app. I got the Sense because I have had Afib and rhythm issues, now for the past month all other health monitoring works, except the irregular rhythm which is what I need the most. I have a Samsung android.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, no change to font size. When I spoke to fitbit, they did say it's an
android issue so unfortunately I don't think your fix on the IPhone will
work, but thanks for passing that on. Appreciate it.
Best Answer
Thanks for your message. Didn't work for me either 😞

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can enter my age, it's legit but the button to progress stays grey. I got a Samsung and Fitbit Charge 6.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Any update on a fix for this problem?
Did a "chat" but no suggestions worked.
Best Answer

Sorry, I never got a direct response back from them. I have checked the forum periodically and only temporary solution was to roll back to an earlier version. I didn't want to do that. They are well aware of the problem and I am assuming the fix will be in their next release. But who knows when that will be ???

Best Answer

Same! Thanks for checking and updating  x 

Best Answer
0 Votes