Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has the Most Lifetime Fitbit Steps?

I thought it might be fun to see some of the "Total Lifetime Steps" figures from a few of the more diehard Fitbiters out there. I've been using my Fitbit Ultra for just about 2 years, and noticed that I've now gone past the 5 Million Steps mark (I'm currently at: 5,018,549 steps).

While 5 Million Steps may seem like a lot to some newer Fitbit users, I can tell you for sure, that my wife easily has me beat, since she now has logged over 7½ Million Steps (and we both started using our fitbits right around the same time).

But of course, I'm sure we could actually see some really amazing high figures if some of the more agressive Fitbit users would like to share their current Lifetime totals with the community.

Best Answer
375 REPLIES 375

Vidd

Very well done.

I am afraid I slipped to 13,620,302 and blame age..

You had a big day on Friday. 6 1/2 hours of committment.

Where did you walk?

15Million is daunting, to go from 39,363 average to 41,095 is an extra 80 hours of walking!

However from what I have found out you may be the first person in the world to have done 15M steps in a year.

What a goal!

peter

Best Answer

Thanks, Peter.  If I'm doing anything like your numbers in my 81st year, I'll be amazed.  

Unless we're away from home, then all of my walks are in the local hills if I'm with the dog, or the local roads (flatter and faster) if I'm just on my own.  7000 steps/hour with the dog; 8000 without him.

Yes, an extra 1800 steps a day adds a bit, but then that's only 15 additional minutes each day.  I've thought about the figures, and the main obstacle is time.  We're just now increasing from minimum daylight, two weeks or so after the winter solstice, so I'll be able to increase the afternoon walks a little to make up the quantities as the days get longer.  I'll try to get ahead of the average I need in order to bring it down.  That's always worked in the past, as the conditions improve steadily from now for the next six months, and stay good until around the end of September.  I hope to have broken the back of it by then.

As I've observed before, it's hard to know how anything like this compares with the rest of the world - there must be a whole load of people walking huge distances but not counting steps!

Best Answer

Well timed @Callyo, right across the finish line on the last day of 2021.  Woohoo 🙌 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Using a Fitbit is a good retirement activity. I got mine in March, 2013 and have averaged over 20,000 steps/day. I now have more than 70 million steps. People who have to go to work and sit most of the day are at a disadvantage. 

It also helps to be a "morning person". I walk almost 3 miles before breakfast, except fro right now. I have the virus, micron variation but I'm recovering well. In 2022 my average is like a normal person. 

When I started, I weighed nearly 160 pounds and now I'm just about 145 and in good (but not great) shape for 78 years old. So, keep the tracker while you're working and then use it well when you retire. I don't use the Fitbit to simply get steps. I use it to insure that my weight, and general health stay good. 

Best Answer

That's good stuff, @BruceM and I've lost a bit of weight too doing this - down from 150lb to 140lb gradually, which is where I like to be.  I eat a lot, though!

Best Answer

13,238.57 mi walked since late May 2016 

Here are my Stats as of today : Fit Bit doesn't even have a badge or Trophy for 13,000 miles much less 13,238.57 mi

Height | 5' 11" 

Weight | 170 lbs. 

Joined May 2016

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT STATS 

Steps | 28,428,497

Floors | 3,702

Distance | 13,238.57 mi

BEST ACHIEVEMENT STATS 

Steps | 57,169 on October 8, 2020

Floors | 134 on March 22, 2017

Distance | 26.52 mi on October 8, 202

Best Answer

Good stats there, @dcorry10 !  That 57169 in October 2020 was a good use of lockdown 🙂 and you should hit 30 million before long.

Best Answer
My stats as of 1/14/2022

Latest FitBit steps as 1/14/2022

Height | 5' 11"
Weight | 170 lbs
Joined May 2016
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT STATS
Steps | 28,345,624
Floors | 3,702
Distance | 13,200.11 mi

Regards,

David ( Cell 919-413-2102 )

Please forgive brevity and errors !

Sent from iPhone
Best Answer

Since june 2013, 39 593 232 steps so far, 97 078 floors, and 29994 km :-), I will turn 30000 km today !

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why are the stats that FitBit records not listed here. Anyone can post random info and FitBit always posts miles not kilometers which causes me to disbelieve these stats.

Regards,

Sent from iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well,
I am in France and fitbit gives my stats in kilometers ...
Here is a screenshot...
[image: Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 12.41.55.png]
I do not use fitbit to tell others " look at me, and look what I do ", I
use i to be in shape.
That was my first post from the beginning and the last, I suppose.

Have a nice day
Franck
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can change the settings in your app to display either miles or kilometres.

this is a conversational thread, some people do display their stats, others not.

Best Answer

Hi DomPirate, I don't find how to translate, sorry.

INFORMATIONS PERSONNELLES

Anniversaire | juin 29 1964 

Taille | 5' 11" 

Poids | 80.7 kg 

Participe juin 2013

STATISTIQUES DE L'ŒUVRE DE TOUTE UNE VIE 

Pas | 39 594 186

Étages gravis | 97 078

Distance | 18 637,90 miles

STATISTIQUES DE VOS MEILLEURS RÉSULTATS 

Pas | 47 264 le 26 mai 2016

Étages gravis | 151 le 28 août 2013

Distance | 22,65 miles le 7 février 2016

Best Answer

Hi m7m,

I wasn’t asking your stats in miles, I was replying to dcorry10 who disbelieves peoples info cos they post in miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never said I disbelieve anyone …I simply said when stats are posted they should come from FitBit since FitBit provides them when you click on your picture.

Regards,

Sent from iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks Baltoscott 🙂

It was a nice target to achieve on new year's eve 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, David, here's what you said:

"Anyone can post random info and FitBit always posts miles not kilometers which causes me to disbelieve these stats."  

That was the next post after @m7m had mentioned kilometres in his post, so although you may not have meant to do so, it did look like a comment on what he'd written.

Best Answer

You're right after just reading this now so I appreciate you pointing that out and I FORMALLY APOLGIZE to all especially @m7m !

Best Answer

That's okay, it's normal to have doubts. But, I have been wearing a fitbit every day for almost 9 years (June 2013). My stats are not very high actually, about 10kms (6.2 miles) per day. My wife has a far more high score 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is excellent that you walking more than six miles. I got my first Fitbit in Feb 22nd 2016 I just crossed 11,000 miles try my best to walk 10,000 steps a day today 204 days streak. But your average is above me much above me. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes