• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

That's true @Strem2, I see everything differently now. Having to walk to another part of the house or simply going to the store for milk or anything else is no longer a negative thing, any activity is now positive and helpful. Smiley Very Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I  live about a mile away from coffee, that's just 2,000 steps or so! And, I drink coffee black, so I know I'm burning calories!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@WendyB

I give others my prior Fitbits. I am so addicted, I want people to join me. Especially in the challenges. And, yes I do love my Surge!  

And now a little new "You know you're a Fitbit addict when...." I left my phone home that and could not check my challenges. I felt so disconnected. While the Surge is awesome, it does not keep me connected to my challenge buddies. Many thought something happened to me. I hope this never happens again. 

Best Answer

@RoseAnn_M Yes I have forgotten my Phone a few times. But never my Fitbit! Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

You are a Fitbit addict when you prefer walking from your workplace to your home instead of using the public bus! Even though you are so tired, you still do it! Need to make this buddy to vibrate and celebrate the goal!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

TO Everyone 

thanks for posting all of you love and support 

Update, to you all-

last night I walked 17 miles wow!! thats is good and I can't bevilve it I walk alot on the theadmill and more when I go outside when its be nice. 

Take Care 

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer

Wow, 17 miles, that's great! Good job @nkotblove.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

@nkotblove Thats a lot of miles! WTG!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

When, even while working 2 weeks with no days off and long days, you still get home and get on the elliptical for 30 minutes just to get those extra 2,500 steps. And then, when you finally have days off, you take your dog to a 30 minute walk, do 30 minutes on the elliptical right when you come back, and then a couple hours later do another 45 minutes on the elliptical to go over that step goal.

And choosing to walk around at work back and forth when your coworker mentions they left something in the breakroom, which is about 400 steps away from where we'd be working. And then walking up and down slanted areas of your workspace to get those steps and stairs counts going.......

And, of course, charging your Fitbit when you're sitting down and not moving for 2 hours instead of sleeping or walking around the house so you don't miss out on anything being tracked.

My name is Camila, and I'm addicted to Fitbit...............

Stepping.... it fills me with determination!
Best Answer

To the fitbit friends

Thanks for sharing your stoires about your fitbit and makes you moving again..

thanks again 

I enjoy reading your post is nice 

have a great day

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
Hey your doing great pat yourself on back every step is an achievement be proudcas I know you are, and I'm proud of you too☺
Best Answer

I guess I am addicted too because I do all of the above

: walking the house to get steps up before bed

: charging it while I am sitting in fear that the battery will go flat while I am on a walk

: when putting the washing away after ironing Istead of carrying a pile to the apropriate room I run back and forth after ironing each item Man Tongue

: so the neibours don't notice that I am going for yet another walk I walk the back yard

: Parking my car at the far end of the carpark when shopping

: when I wake up to hearing rain my first though it OH how am I going to gete my steps up

This has gotta be all good .

Best Answer
Haha sounds very familiar I always make an hour xcuse to do more steps, been a little lazy today but not because I don't want to do more steps I have prolapsed disc on bottom of spine and it has caused constant sciatica for 10years so pain is bad today 😢
Best Answer

That's great, I can also relate to all of those things, they are definitely very helpful to reach my daily step goal. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

So I am so loving the Surge! My biggest problem is hitting the start button when I do an exercise or use the treadmill. I am also getting more and more into the cardio zone than I was with the HR. I think it is because I can track more with the Surge. 

But I want to say that I loaned out my HR to a friend at church. He works for the church and made a comment about how many steps he takes per day during work. So I gave him the HR to try this past Saturday. I don't know if he is all that interested in the Heart Rate but it is the steps that seemed to interest him. I will see him again on Wednesday to see if he tried it. I am hoping that he likes the tracker idea that he will be interested in one that only tracks his steps. Hoping to make a new addict soon. 

Best Answer

You see rain and you break out Wii fit just so you can do the 30 minute free step a few times

Best Answer

We have competitions amongst my family and friends with the appropriate amount of razing eachother based on the total step counts!

Best Answer
Great way of motivation keep it up doing great
Best Answer

80,505 steps in one day!  On August 1st, I went on a 28 mile hike just so I could get my lifetime highest step day.  I've done this hike before and it's grueling.  I wore my fitbit and got over 80K...I was thrilled even though I almost crippled myself.  I got that many steps because I was limping the last 20 miles. 18 hours of pain.. Small steps and pain.  Then sometime in the night or next day my fitbit turned up missing!  I was in the mountains so it never synced...:-(  I did not get credit for that hike!  A new badge for flights of stairs, miles, steps etc...all lost...Does this mean I have to do it again next summer?  Ahhhrrgghh...!!!  The things we'll do for a sticker or a badge....Anyway after 4 months of mourning I'm back!

Best Answer
Hey that is eye wàteering your feet must of been blistered to bits fantastic amazing steps well done
Best Answer