• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620
I just don't move a muscle. I was wondering - can you tell the battery level just by looking at the wrist thingy or something?

mary
Best Answer

@Marydu You can tell the battery level by looking at the phone app - at least "full", "not full" and "needs charging".

Best Answer

You are that crazy person at the grocery store pushing your cart with one hand so you wont lose steps.

You carry everything with your non-fitbit hand so you wony lose steps

Best Answer

You read posts here between classes during library before studies begn, and learnt you spelled addicted wrong a few times before. Was spelling it addictted. 😕

You learn to spell better wen you have a fitbit.

you read fitbit posts afap, to get up and get to steppin, Chicago Style steppin's count too, bye, my fitbit addiction is calling.

STL, MO. Charge HR -- Premium
Best Answer
Stepquizkathy,
I already did 30 min on elliptical, 30 min on treadmill, and 2 hours lifting weights and resistance training. I will probably walk another 2 miles in the Alabama mountains. Not bad for a 66 year old recovering from open heart surgery.
MendedHeart
Best Answer

@MendedHeart wrote:
Stepquizkathy,
I already did 30 min on elliptical, 30 min on treadmill, and 2 hours lifting weights and resistance training. I will probably walk another 2 miles in the Alabama mountains. Not bad for a 66 year old recovering from open heart surgery.
MendedHeart

Not bad at all, just not bad at all!  I'm recovering from spine surgery, and still in a back brace, but I've been walking 3 to 4 miles a day either on the treadmill, outdoors, or in the mall. Recovery is going much faster because of the daily exercise. Keep on Stepping!

Best Answer
I'm humbled you aced my two heart attacks with a spine surgery.

MendedHeart
Best Answer

@MendedHeart wrote:
I'm humbled you aced my two heart attacks with a spine surgery.

MendedHeart

I didn't mean to ace you or humble you - far from it! I just wanted to encourage you to keep up the exercise, a little at a time if necessary, keep on keeping on. Having had 2 heart attacks of my own, I know what that recovery entails. Fortunately, I never had to have open-heart surgery, just angoplasty and physical therapy. But, it was that 2nd heart attack that got me off the sofa and onto the treadmill.

Best Answer
USAF-Larry
I visit open heart surgery patients weekly and the ones that have it tough
recovering are those that have mobility issues. I am humbled!! You are
doing great.
MendedHeart
Best Answer

@ArmyDudeinAZ

Oh My Gosh! That is so me. I even get a small cart if the stores have them. They are easier to do one handed since they don't have so many wheel issues. I even go up and down aisles when I know where I want to go to get more steps. 

I always carry things in my non-Fitbit arm. If I get out of a car, I have to switch arms after am out. 

Best Answer
I know I am a fitbit addict d/t I make sure I walk around the house before midnight to get all my numbers in.
I alwasys wear it on my bra and when I go to check it and it is not there I panic. People around me probably think I am nuts.
I check it and if I do not like the numbers during the day off to my treadmill. I even joined the YMCA to see how many more numbers I can get on there. Yes I am a addict. lol and happy one. Losing weight. 🙂
Best Answer
You be careful on how much exercise you do with just having surgery. You sound like you are doing good.
Best Answer
I am careful, I started out walking for the first 7 months. When the
weather got cold and rainy I enrolled in Cardiac Rehab. I feel great. My
blood pressure is normal and blood sugar is below 100.
Thanks!
MendedHeart
Best Answer

Ok, I'm an idiot - all I see on the cell phone is it's charge level - I tap on the Fitbit app and it says the same.  What am I not looking at?

Best Answer
You are so right! I haven't parked closer than 100 yards to the front door of a store forever.
Best Answer
I've read most the comments on Fitbit addiction and I'm pretty sure I'm addicted. I have a rule if I have to go to the garage to put something in the recycling bin I have to walk down the basement steps around my 40 step circle in the basement take the stuff out to the bin and repeat the basement course again. I'll do this 5 or 6 times a night unless I go for a run but when I get home from running I'll do my basement steps and course before coming in the house.
Best Answer

@Odyssey13 wrote:

Vicki, you are so right.

If there is a 12 step program for addicts, I don't want to even know about it. This is one addiction that I pray will stay in my life forever.

How funny, U posted 18,800 times. I believe it is already in your life forever!

Matt and me decided it is to be YellowStone national park 4 spring break. Plan on stepping lots next week. We both are *addicted* (spelled right

Spoiler
Robot Happy ) and hoping forever too.
Best Answer

@MendedHeart wrote:
Stepquizkathy,
MendedHeart

Not bad at all and whatta wrokout already. Enjoy the mtns! and more stepping.

Best Answer

You know you're a FitBit addict when:  You walk around the house looking for your FitBit, and wonder how many steps you're not getting counted for because you're not wearing your FitBit.

Best Answer