• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

Your post made me laugh - I spent 10 mins walking in circles round my house this evening to make sure I got all my steps. I charge my Blaze just I get in bed, while I'm reading so I don't lose any steps and have taking to going upstairs to the loo to make sure I get my stairs.

Best Answer

You know you are addicted to your Fitbit when...

You are know at work as the walker...at the printer. Our business just had the office rebuilt. We lost some space but it puts me in the path of the many people who work there. They all know me as the walker...stepper...mover. And if some some reason I am not moving (making sure I am getting the correct name -mine- to print), they let me know.

One of my co-workers always asks how many steps I have when she sees me. I pull the steps up on my Blaze and she is always amazed. She says that is more than she has on her Fitbit. 

My motto at work is: Keep moving. 

Best Answer
Doctor gave me a prescription for my foot - seems I sort of forgot about being allergic to tape, so she revised my huge bandage by making it bigger, wrapping it with gauze so the tape doesn't touch my skin. If I have to have a band aide on some place, I want a big one - no spot band aides for me, so a bigger bandage on my foot doesn't bother me in the least!! My doctor was impressed with my walking, water drinking, and Fitbit's general nagging at me to move, and that if I get a scratch or scrape while cleaning out the garage, cutting roses, whatever, I treat it immediately, instead of ignoring it and risking my fake hips getting re-infected, 7 hip surgeries is enough. You'd think I would have realized - if you have a fake knee or hip, you have to take antibiotics to see the dentist - and he's using clean stuff in your mouth! I ended up with infected fake hips by cleaning the junk room - which by definition is going to be dirty - ripping off a big toe nail over a span of about 2-3 days, but with all the blood and guts of the toe nail being part way torn off - I just covered it with a wash cloth - kept on cleaning dirty junk room, finally ripping off the toe nail completely - still just covering it with a wash cloth - never even thinking that if I need antibiotics to see a dentist, maybe I should at least wash a bloody mess of a toe nail!!

My wrist thingy is charging - therefore I am not moving!! I can do banking (on line, not moving) and then go for a walk before cleaning house. I still think it is strange that deliberate going for walks does not make anything hurt but any type of housework does. I enter cleaning on Fitbit and can't believe how few calories it says I used - I've tried to tell it that I should get more calories used just for the pain, but it won't change the calories. Arguing with my Fitbit is a lot like arguing with my cats - you don't get anywhere!! I get even - I just don't enter an ice cream bar that I've eaten!!

mary
Best Answer
I'm a fit bit addict i constantly check how mine doing, bought my daughter one so I have more competition in the house. Worst confession when someone sends me a challenge from another country I accept thinking got the rest of the day only to realize I got an hour , jump out of bed head straight for the treadmill till I've completed my steps and then head back to bed lol.
Best Answer

yup i am fitbit addict as it has a long standby lasting up to 7 days and can sync wirelessly and are splash proof.

Best Answer

My first post, not sure if this is the right place to do it.  lol

I figured I was a fitbit addict when my hubby had to stop at Home Depot AGAIN.  He's 70, I'm 68.   Instead of sitting the in the car reading like normal, I got out and walked all around the parking long, then inside the store, and got over a mile just while he was looking for irrigation supplies.  lol   And had fun doing it!

Donna 🙂
Best Answer

I'm not going to go through this whole thread to see if this has been mentioned lol - but I know I'm a Fitbit addict because I spend more time staring at the Fitbit App than looking through Facebook!

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @DonnaDee! that's definitely a great way to make the most of your time.

You're right @tractorlegs, it is a big thread, I don't know if it was mentioned before, but it's a very good one. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you're backpacking and have just finished a 33,000+ step day.  You finally sit down by the campfire to rest your feet after a long day of hiking and look at your Fitbit dashboard only to realize you're 3 flights of stairs short of 100, so you put the shoes back on, go find a little hill on the trail, and go up and down it three times to reach 100.

Best Answer

Now, that is addicted, @TrailTrekker!  Ha!   Last night I was getting ready for bed and noticed that I had only gone 4.97 miles, and not reached my goal of 5 miles. So, I had to do some walking around the living room before retiring....  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today, I was checking out at Sam's Club, and the cashier asked me, "So, how many steps do you have?"  I was taken off guard and said something intelligent like, "Huh?" She pointed at my wrist, and asked how many steps were on my FitBit for today. So, I scrolled through the readings, and showed her I had 12,609 at the time. She was amazed, and said she has a hard time getting 5,000 or so a day.

Best Answer

OMG, I am dying with hysterics here!  Let me add one more.............it's 5 minutes before the hour and you realize that you haven't gotten your 250 steps-you don't need to i.e. use the restroom, make the bed, walk the dog, and can't think of a thing else you need to do...........sooooooooooo you get out of your chair and in front of the TV and where you can see a clock, you march in place to get those steps in and pray that you can do the 250 before the clock rolls to the next hour! LOL!

Currently Blaze plus Alta as back up which is THE perfect combo! One
Best Answer
0 Votes

And I move my flex to my runners belt when I have to push a shopping cart and it counts perfectly when I do that.  Give it a try!

Best Answer

@TrailTrekker wrote:

When you're backpacking and have just finished a 33,000+ step day.  You finally sit down by the campfire to rest your feet after a long day of hiking and look at your Fitbit dashboard only to realize you're 3 flights of stairs short of 100, so you put the shoes back on, go find a little hill on the trail, and go up and down it three times to reach 100.

... and you are thinking, "dang, those last three hills were a lot easier than the first 97 when I had all that stuff on my back ... Lol.  Congrats on your 100 floor badge @TrailTrekker

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
I actually cried when my soccer coach said my fitbit counted as a watch so I couldn't wear it during soccer practice! 😣
Best Answer

We shouldn't laugh at this, but I would have cried too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know you are a fitbit addict when it's the last thing you take off before getting in the shower, AND the first thing you put on as soon as you dry your arm.

Best Answer
I would have to.appeal the decision. Or sit on the sidelines, cross my arms and pout until the coach gave in...

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes