Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no more smoking fresh start with fitbit

im 27 years old and Ive just started using fitbit reason being i decided to quit smoking using the viapourisers, everyone says you gain loads of weight after you quit and being female and all that really was not a desired effect im self conscious enough as it is, so i came to the conclusion that fitbit could help me keep track of my overall fitness levels. my big goal now is to reach 0 nicotine intake and improve my fitness so i can enjoy life more and undo all the damage smoking did to my health.

it would be fantastic to be able to make some friends trying to achieve the same or simiar goals trying to stay motivated.

wishing you all the best guys

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43
Awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

That is awesome! SO happy for you, best of luck with the 1/2 marathon! ❤️

Best Answer

I tried Chantix several times; it does work but, you do have to be committed and support does help.  I think in all 3 times I lacked a support system.  The first time I tried it, I stopped smoking for 6 months and went back due to stress on the job.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Promoting fitness isn't totally about calories, movement and water intake, its about getting fit wean off including smoking to no more smoking. WRITE THE CODE< before I get emphysema. What I suggest is the ability to log in through the watch (tap screen on sub menu and log this is when I smoke) .

Graph it, so I can see my smoking patterns, slowly wean and reducing time to reminding to smoke on vibration, when I typically smoke then reduce the time for a vibration reminder over time...
THX COPD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitness is to promote good living habits and as powerful as addiction is with smoking that is promoting fitness also. So forget just the fitness model, get it done you may save millions of lives...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi sweetie wanted to check up on your progress, how you getting on ...... I'm now completely smoke free will be coming up 4 years in may xx

Best Answer

Thanks hun I'm now nearly 4 years clear xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did ya stay free from smoking? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought I'd give you an update, I've now managed to stay clear from smoking for nearly 4 years was really good with my fitness but last year has taken a toll on that x

Best Answer

Hey hun welcome on cutting down hope you managed to cut it out fully, I did indeed succeed now almost 4 years clean xx

Best Answer

Never give up on something you want, keep telling yourself you can do this and you deserve a healthier happier life xx

Best Answer

Hey @no-more-smoke ! Many thanks for bringing this out. 

I never smoked but I'm worried about a friend. Do you have some tips to encourage her to stop ? 

Congratulations, it seems to me like you did it great. 😸

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Hey sweetie no probs, I went on vapourisers at half the nicotine dose I was taking then 6 months later halved it again and after 4 months roughly went on 0 nicotine and found I was forgetting to take it with me and went from there, I never used the cigarette flavoured ones tho only fruity or sweet flavoured so i wouldn't be used to the taste xx

Best Answer
There is a simple solution as you noticed vaping can be far more
dangerous than smoking, get someone onboard that can write a fit bit
app. THX. D. Log your smoking times and slowly wean you off. I'm working
on it from my end. Going to save allot of lives if it gets done and into
an app. Working with North Forge to get it done. Look up on net.
Best Answer

Yes it's TRUE some vapes are more dangerous but the other issue I noticed was non smokers was using them and they were making them bigger like palm sized with massive batteries and no longer cigarette sized ones which is another habit in itself...  but if ya want to quit it can help alot its having to break a multiple habit and ease from it so ya dont back track altho slip ups happen and ya should never be harsh on yaself for it, theres plenty of different ways to quit and everyone's different what works for some might not necessarily work for another, its finding what works and feels right for you and never giving up on yaself xx

Best Answer
You don't know how many have voiced that a fit bit is a good medium to
get smoking under control and quit fit. Do your homework and find a
programmer, there is a desperate need, that is the core promoting
fitness and weaning off of smoking is fitness, don't you wish you had
that option five years ago? If you can do it there are many who have
tried. Why not use technology to help, 30$ a box for nicorets? Think
about it and use your resources if you can...I'm sourcing north forge to
get the app/code written. Meeting on the 24th this month.
Best Answer

Many thanks for share your experience @no-more-smoke. I like a a lot your good vibes here! Whit this change you're experiencing better health for sure. 

Thank you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us @wristwatch. If you haven't already done so I invite you to vote for this suggestion

You both have a nice day ! 😸

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Hi there, @GraceGFitbit , @no-more-smoke , @wristwatch , @Vgvee61  and @Sqats4life1108 , anyone of you know, which is better? Vaping or smoking? I have a friend, who needs to stop smoking.

Best Answer

No probs hun, I unfortunately had been smoking since I was 13 years old, I tried so many different ways of quitting like patches, gum, ecig, tabs you name it I tried but am so thankful the vape worked, over time I've noticed a huge difference I dont get sick as much, my breathing is so much better, my voice has gone back to normal and taste buds are at full force, tastes and scents have improved hugely and loving not getting nicotine stains on my hands xx

Best Answer

Hiya hun my personal experience was vapes but the thin ones but everyone is different so what works for one might not be the best for another xx

Best Answer
0 Votes