Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery won't hold a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I, too, was shocked at a 4 minute continuous vibrating of my fitbit. It went dead. Prior to this happening my battery charge lasted about 5 days. Afterwards, I was lucky to get 8 hours out of it. Guess what? It was out of warrantee for about 5 months. The help line does not speak understandable English. When this happens to you, think about when you purchased it. Just like a phone, programed to self disduct in 2 years so you have to buy a new one. Plus the warrantee policy was just updated.....hmmm wonder why?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Hperson,

Welcome to the community!

I think this just happens to be your experience.  I got my Fitbit One over three years ago (July 2013) and I routinely get 8-9 days between charges (last two low battery warnings...  10/13 and 10/05).  I know a number of folks who have had a similar experience to mine.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

My Fitbit one was purchased in November 2012 and is still going strong despite doing a full cycle in the washing machine Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

@Hperson A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! I really appreciate your feedback and it will be passed forward to our higher levels since it helps us to keep improving our products and services. You can check out our Warranty Policies in this page.

@PureEvil @choran83 Thanks guys for sharing your experiences with your Fitbit trackers. The Fitbit that went into the washing machine is a legend!

Let me know if more questions arise my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

My fitbit one wont hold a charge.  Help! I am training for the Detroit Marathon and I need this device.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@oxfordlady Thanks for joining us in this thread! Please take a look at Cindy's post, which contains great tips that will help you to get your Alta's battery to last longer.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your fitbit suddenly vibrated uncontrollably, and now won't keep a charge more than 5 hours vs 5 days, you will have to replace it. Did your warrantee just expire about a month before?

Best Answer

@Hperson Thanks a lot for your help and contribution my friend!

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board you'll be able to share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes