Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not recognizing Fitbit One since IOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since completing the IOS 13 update this past weekend, I my iPhone will not recognize my Fitbit one.  Therefore I cannot sync.  Very frustrating.  Is this their way of phasing out the ONE?  Kind of stinks if it is!

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Having same problem with Android version.

Best Answer

Having the same problem with mine on my android. Unable to sync since Thursday 

Best Answer

Same thing here since Thursday.

Best Answer
I got it to recognize it on Saturday night and now nothing again. Called support but they could not figure it out.

Sent from Windows Mail
Best Answer
Mine is still not syncing. Boo
Best Answer

I am having same issue with Android also. I can not FIND my One to reload it. I prefer my One over my Blaze, it keeps track much better but cannot get it to sync.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with Android.  I've always had issues syncing, but it will usually sync after a few tries.  Now...nothing.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned bluetooth off and on, restarted the phone, tried with wifi on and wifi off, closed all the sessions through the web based app.  Nothing seems it work. The app will NOT recognize my device.  If this is their way of phasing out the one, so be it.  But I definitely will not be purchasing another fitbit to replace it.  The majority of the wristband devices are not that attractive, especially in a professional setting. For the high cost of the new devices, I'd rather spend a few extra bucks for a galaxy watch and have something that syncs consistently, looks better and has more features. 

Best Answer
Mine synced last night after not syncing for days. Today, nothing. I agree
with you in that I don't want one of the other trackers. I like the One
because I can hide it. I don't want to wear it like a watch or accessory.
Well I guess I will just keep using it. It still works fine without
syncing, just don't see weekly totals.
Best Answer
Mine still hasn't synced since last Saturday night. My daughter gave me her Fitbit charge 3 to try. I don't like it. It counts steps everytime you move your arm or scratch your head. Not accurate at all. Miss my Fitbit one😔

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree!!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jen7399.  My One is still syncing to an iPhone Xs that is on iOS 13.1.3.  I don't use it all the time, so I'm unsure if it was not syncing when I first updated to iOS 13 a few weeks ago.  I totally agree with comments on this thread that Fitbit should bring back to One or equivalent (same functions, clip based, but better waterproofing).

One troubleshooting step you should try (if you have not done it already) is to delete the One from your Fitbit account and then try add it back as a new device.  This process does NOT affect your lifetime stats, so don't worry about that.  That often fixes Fitbit syncing problems, regardless of how the problem was initially causes.  (Make sure it is charged!).

Hope that helps. Let us know.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

There were two things I hadn't tried (see previous post) and I was able to sync after. It still took a couple of refreshes to catch up, but it worked and is now syncing regularly. Hopefully this will help someone.  😃

1. Reset the fitbit.

Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

2. Turned on "All-Day Sync" in the settings.  (I have since turned that off and it still seems to by syncing fine.)

Best Answer
Thanks for the tip. That totally worked. Yay!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem....so frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree I can still track it daily....writing it down in my journal but I should not have to....also I'm not getting my Healthwise points with my company because my One won't synch...they can see that it's working but it's not the correct amount of steps by a long shot.  I'm beyond frustrated....but at least I've learned its not my fault!

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jett-Girl wrote:
Thanks for the tip. That totally worked. Yay!

Which tip worked @Jett-Girl?

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oops. Mistaken.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted my one from app and then added it again. Sometimes it also works
after resetting it. But today it stopped again so I don't know anymore.
Best Answer

It worked!  Thank you!  We'll see how long it lasts!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer