Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Really?  The Fitbit One is MY device.  Now you go and pull it?  For the record I have purchased five (5) of these devices.  What are the "owners" thinking about other than money?  I want something with a clip, or I keep in my pocket - period.  I don't want to wear on my wrist, that is where my watch resides.  When dealing with 'chat' I was told the Inspire is an option.  Really?  I do not want or care about Advertised battery life is Five (5) days? I How is that better than the FOURTEEN (14) days I used to get with my Fitbit One.  And, I was told the "inspire" does NOT count floors?  This was a great feature which made me look for flights of stairs.  I do not care for "notifications" from social media apps, that is what my phone or PC is for.  When my Fitbit One finally dies, I will be a Former Fitbit customer.  #mostdisappointedatfitbit #bringbackfitbitone

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

I have the exact same complaints as you do.  Bring back the One!

Best Answer

I fully agree.  I think Fitbit has purposely messed with the One to make the battery die.  I used to get 10-12 days then the new interface on 4 Sept. changed all that.

I think they are uninterested in those of us who don't jog and work out.  Like you, I make sure to get minimum 10 floors every day and I lost 50 lbs thanks to my One making sure I did my 10,000 steps/day and tracking my food.  I already wear a real Bulova watch and anything other than stainless steel on my wrist will break me out. No leather, no plastic, no way. Clipping on my pocket has been perfect.

I hope someone is paying attention to how Fitbit is treating us first users. (I got my One in March, 2013.)

I guess it's true - if it's not broken, fix it.

I'm already exploring other trackers.

Best Answer

I agree the Fitbit one was best of them all and wish they bring it back as I lost mine last Friday morning and never did find it 😥😥😥💔💔💔

Best Answer

In reading other posts about the issues of the One not syncing, someone suggested the Inspire product and it has a clip you can buy if you don't want to use the band that comes with it. However, Inspire seems to be having issues also which all has to do with the latest version of the Fitbit App.

Best Answer

I could've written the above post myself - it echoes every aspect of how I feel ... PLEEEEZE BRING BACK THE *ONE* !!!

Best Answer

They discontinued  it?  Maybe that's why mine has the wrong time (unable to change it) and refuses to sync with my Weight Watchers app.  I've tried all the fixes.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer

I love my Fitbit one, I decided to order a Versa Light, did not know my arm had to swing to count steps, so when I go to the Grocery Store, I barely get any steps counted since I am pushing my cart. I have deleted the Versa and reinstalled my Fitbit One. It is working but the time is off. I wish they still made a clip on. They need to bring it back. I like wearing my watch. 

Best Answer

So the evening of the 26 Sept. I charged my One to 100%, it's now the afternoon of the 28th and the charge is below 25%. Last night it showed 100%.

What bothers me most of all is the absolute silence from Fitbit.

If they don't want us, why don't they just say so?

Best Answer

I finally just took my One off and laid it on my dresser. It is of no use now, the battery drains within a day and it doesn't sync. Very sad that Fitbit doesn't do something about this. I am ordering a Letsfit HR fitness tracker from Amazon for about $35. Unfortunately, it is a wrist tracker. But, I am not out a lot of $ if I don't like it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started checking but there aren't a lot of choices for non-wrist trackers.

"With consumers losing confidence in the Fitbit line, many shoppers are looking for an alternative to Fitbit trackers. We hope this list helped you discover some cool alternatives that may have flown under your radar."

Fitbit should take note of that closing line in this article.

https://heavy.com/tech/2018/10/fitbit-alternative/

Best Answer

@Steĉjo  Sorry did not really see a closing line

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I bought an Alta and wear it in my pocket.  You can order a clip from Ali express.  They don't sell the Alta anymore.  You can buy an Inspire. They do sell a clip to go with that.

As with all of you I loved my One.  This is second best.

Best Answer
Thank you for the information, I will keep this in mind.

Judy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Stecjo - I am having the exact same issue as you with my One.  I charge it, and then its suddenly dead.  Today, it is no longer syncing to either of my phones.  I have been using a Fitbit since their original model.  They may lose me over this, as I only want a pedometer style Fitbit.

Best Answer

To me there is no coincidence between the interface update in early September and the immediate reduction in how long my One will hold its charge.  The last big update caused the same problem and Fitbit fixed it and then, rather than 6-7 days on a charge, they announced the fix that extended the charge, in my case, to 10-12 days!

It was wonderful. I only count steps and stairs but I am scrupulous with logging food and keeping my caloric intake within my limits. After I lost the initial 50 lbs in 2013, I have kept it off for 6 years now.  I'm 75 but have never felt healthier.

I was disappointed when Fitbit discontinued its premium service because it gave me the information my doctor wanted me to track.

I get the impression that Fitbit is only interested in flashy, continuously "new and improved" gadgets that our "I want it and I want it now" consumer, jogging, working out younger generations want. I have very bad arthritis in my knees and walking is what keeps me healthy - no jogging, no biking, and I'm allergic to anything but stainless steel on my wrists.  The One has been perfect for me.

What is most disappointing for me is that Fitbit Customer Service seems totally uninterested in even addressing these concerns. Other services I use will let their subscriber know in advance what's going on and address concerns immediately. Fitbit is silent.  Thus, here we One users are commiserating with each other while Fitbit ignores us.

Best Answer

I've been wearing a ONE since 2012.  I love that I don't have to wear it on my wrist.    When it was announces it was being discontinued, I bought spare and have it in the drawer for the day the one I am currently wearing dies.  

A few years ago I bought my granddaughter the ZIP... man does that thing eat batteries!  (Grandklds  now also have the new kids one.... but they again are wrist devices). 

My One stopped syncing last week.   Tried lots of"fixes" but no luck as yet.

It also stopped holding a charge.   Sometime doesn't even last a day.

I feel that this is caused by the fitbit constantly trying to connect , looking, looking and looking ... it drains the battery trying to sync.   

Since my steps won't register, it affects my activity on my WW app too.  

Frustrating.  

Hoping Fitit gets their act together because i really like the device! 

Best Answer

Robin, one of the things I've been doing is to plug my One into the USB, hold the button down till its screen goes off, then counting to 12. Remove it, press the little button again till the Fitbic.com lights up and then I restart my phone.  This usually helps.  Try that, if you have not already done so.

Best Answer
Try uninstalling the app and reinstall, make sure to Bluetooth is on

Judy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks Judy, I tried that. Also contacted Fitbit support but they resolved nothing. My guess is it’s not compatible with latest version of iOS.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer