Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Fitbit app notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does a person delete old notifications from the app? I have notifications going all the way back to March when I first got my Fitbit. There seems to be no way.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @mallan02. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 😄

I'll be happy to answer this for you. When it comes to the in-app notifications, these will delete themselves every 30 days, so the oldest ones if they're more than 30 days old, they will start disappearing.

If this isn't happening, you can log out of the app and log back in and see if that works. There is currently no way to manually delete them.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
201 REPLIES 201

On my Fitbit phone app, lower right hand corner, Notifications.  When I tap that, there is a LONG list of the notifications my One has sent about my step goals.  How can I delete them?

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums!

You can not delete them. They do drop off after so many days

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

If notifications drop off after so many that would how many mine have been there since day one

Best Answer

Mine never drop off, the list is hundreds long, back to Feb 14th, '17! 

I'd really appreciate a solution.

Best Answer
Hey Fitbit people in charge on notifications please get involved with your customers and read some of these posts none of us want a years worth of notifications in our app

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Gramps71

Really!!! I've seen So many questions and posts, no real responses. What's
up with that?
Best Answer

Not a very good solution, does this apply Flex 2 ? How many days worth before they autodelete ?

Best Answer

Apparently there is no number of days before they drop off. Fitbit's told me there is no process for deletions. Hmmm,, well that sucks!

Best Answer

This issue is not solved. You state the notifications drop off after so many days. Mine haven't. They serve no purpose to remain on the list. Will this be fixed?

Best Answer

I'm with you. Shame to say there's no resolution to this issue. Everyone needs more memory on smart

phones. A bad feature of an otherwise great app.

Best Answer

I have messages dating back to Feb 2017. I've tried to log off then back on, I shut off my iphone then log off, I've tried a rest all to no avail. Just a poor program that won't let you clear unwanted data.

Best Answer
Not a poor program a poor company that won't fix problem they know they have I even deleted app and and started over but they were still there HEY FITBIT COMPANY TEC DEPARTMENT YOU ARE DOING A LOUSY JOB

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Have notifications dating back to March6. IS "so many days" really "so many moths"? Kind of amateurish for a techno product.

Best Answer

Mine were dating back to March. I checked just now, March to June did finally delete, But,,, There are over 200 Notifi's since. Ridiculous!! The originals were several months before auto-delete.

Best Answer
My March to June notif’s also went to e heaven yesterday. This implies there is some delete function in FB somewhere. Letting users know what cleansing schedule FB chooses to follow would be, at least , helpful. Thankful for baby steps.
Best Answer

RCLAPP,

False positive alarm, must have been an iphone glitch, when I checked the next day,  all were still there, back to Feb '17.

Best Answer

I have March to July and have worked and read everything people say and it does not work.  BT.

@LesE wrote:

RCLAPP,

False positive alarm, must have been an iphone glitch, when I checked the next day,  all were still there, back to Feb '17.

Best Answer
Because it happened to me also at the same time, I suspect FB trying some fix (failure) rather than two random cells probably with different carriers. Silly FB. Anyone Adroid user input??
Best Answer
That still don't delete the ones already posted on my app

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer