Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Fitbit app notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does a person delete old notifications from the app? I have notifications going all the way back to March when I first got my Fitbit. There seems to be no way.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
201 REPLIES 201

Well, I did the same after seeing your post....we'll see if that solved the problem when we get closer to my step goal...or "overachieve" it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
What happened to the ones already on?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
They're still there and new ones are being added. But they are just in the app and don't show up in my text messages do I can live with that
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems users are settling for a personal work around when clearly FB should fix the app. Check out the FB sales data. Resolving the app represents a minuscule business expense.

Best Answer

I uninstalled and reinstalled....the old messages were gone (and all old data, of course).  I, too had the opportunity to turn notifications off.  This doesn't mean the ones from Fitbit. As soon as I got close to meeting a goal, it GAVE ME A NOTIFICATION of how many steps I had to go!  So, that didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Fitbit support and talked with a very nice man. You can't delete them but they do NOT take up storage space on your phones. It's stays in the app, not the phone.

Best Answer
They're just annoying. Why can't they delete them -- or let us opt out of receiving them
Best Answer
Got another post said they are only in app not phone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That may technically be true. However, the notifications are still
aggravating. The app itself is a motivational tool.

I'd prefer to not receive the notifications all day. Thanks for your post.
Best Answer
I agree. I don't profess to be technically gifted, but seems like something
that the experts could fix.
Best Answer
Change your account on Fitbit.com to allow no notifications all I get now is low battery but the ones that add up still keep coming I just ignore them I never push the notifications button hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I like the notifications. They provide some useful information. I just do not want to keep them when they are “old news”. I should be able to delete them.
Best Answer

I have notifications going back to February.  They never seem to drop off!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's cool. We all want control.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Come on Fitbit techs.  Too many of us are complaining about this fairly useless feature not being able to be deleted.  Please respond to those who use your products!

Best Answer
Go Girl, tell 'em!
Best Answer

I doubt that the people at Fitbit that can do something about this problem reads these posts, or if they do, they just don't care. There have been suggestions made before on the Features page that got lots of votes, but have never been implemented. I agree that if it can't be done for some reason, you should let us know. Not just say it's being considered. I don't believe it!

Best Answer

And neither do I!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received one direct reply from Tech Assist. They said that there actually is no way to disable the

encouragement notifications at this time. Did not have a time frame for when it would

be possible. I just delete without reading. Still wish we could just turn it off. 

Best Answer

How do you delete the notifications? I thought that was the issue here, that they couldn't be deleted.

Best Answer
0 Votes