Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Fitbit app notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does a person delete old notifications from the app? I have notifications going all the way back to March when I first got my Fitbit. There seems to be no way.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
201 REPLIES 201

Fix the ability to delete notifications. I may be searching for an alternate tracker if you insist on taking up my phones memory. I am disappointed in the number of posts that show no resolution to this problem. 

Best Answer

They do not auto delete. I’m trying to figure out how to get rid of them. They’re over a year old!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Hi there @mallan02. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 😄

I'll be happy to answer this for you. When it comes to the in-app notifications, these will delete themselves every 30 days, so the oldest ones if they're more than 30 days old, they will start disappearing.

If this isn't happening, you can log out of the app and log back in and see if that works. There is currently no way to manually delete them.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your suggestion worked. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, they do not drop off ever and no one at Fitbit gives a hoot about helping us. Time to look into another smart watch solution.

Best Answer

I have notification over 3 months old! I cannot delete them. The newest stopped on June 17 2018.  I wish you had not removed this feature as I do not want to rely on Push Notifications, consumes too much resources.  My Web/Online notification only show 1 Notification.  Seems FitBit is abandoning notifications all together.

I have deleted the App and reloaded but the notification reappear.

Help,  How can I clear old notifications?

Best Answer

Hello @Steve-53405, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Please note that at this moment it's not possible to remove in-app Notifications. I understand how important this is for you, which is why I would like to suggest you to check @rubyrune's suggested idea to implement this feature in a future update. Feel free to add your vote and comment, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

Additionally, based on customer feedback, the Fitbit app has stopped showing notifications in the Notification Center. You can continue to receive these notifications as push notifications by turning on Push Notifications in the app under Account > Notifications. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @gg2b Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for providing your feedback on this thread. 

At this time the notification center displays the most recent 100 notifications. We do hear that many of you are not interested or happy about this.

I found this post in our Feature Suggestion page requesting the ability to delete app notifications and encourage everyone to vote on this topic. Our team does review and evaluate the feedback and metrics this board supplies.

See you around! 
Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Voted for that a long time ago. Don’t see any progress made in getting it to happen.

Spoiler

Best Answer

@momice I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your reply!

I understand that some ideas may take a while to be updated. Please take a look at the Feature Suggestions FAQs to get more details about how Fitbit decide what ideas get released.

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unsubscribing, as this topic no longer interests me. I unsubscribed from all.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really is absurd how long this string has lasted. There apparently is no interest in fixing the prob at Fitbit.

I keep getting update comments on my posts from a year ago, as if they're new. You'd think Fitbit would not want to draw interest in the topic with no solution.

Best Answer

@LesE I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your feedback on this thread regarding this topic.

Please stay tuned to the Feature Suggestion for future updates. 

Also, if you want to stop getting notification from this thread you can unsubscribe by going to this thread's settings (three dots at the top of it), and hit "unsubscribe", just as @SunsetRunner did. 

Thanks for your patience. See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As suggested I logged out on my iphone and then logged in again and it did NOT clear old notifications!

I have them as far back as a year!!  Do I need to get a different brand?  This has to be using a chunk of my space on the phone.

Best Answer

Hello @Joanie41, I hope you're doing well, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know you have tried some troubleshooting steps already. Please note that, as mentioned above, at this moment it's not possible to remove in-app Notifications. I understand how important is for you to remove them, however these Notifications do not take space on your phone as they're only a few kilobytes.

At this moment  I would like to suggest you to check @rubyrune's suggested idea to implement this feature in a future update. Feel free to add your vote and comment, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

I hope this can be helpful, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this still the standard response after two years of iOS users complaining about the backlog of no-longer-relevant notifications in the app?  My app's notifications are now stuck in June for some reason just because I was trying to get rid of the red dot on the Notifications tab by tapping every notification.  This "feature" is full of bugs for sure.  

Best Answer

I see a lot of older posts about deleting notifications. Any suggestions yet?  Would be great to get off my iPad too!

Best Answer
My post is old and I quit worrying about it or opening them and they just starting going away guess we need patience but is frustrating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dpare60 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for posting on this thread regarding the ability to delete those notifications.

Currently, there are no updates regarding this. I do recommend staying tuned on this Feature Suggestion for updates:

If you haven't voted for it, please do so. The more votes, the better.

@gramps71 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your feedback regarding this. I understand its taking a while. I appreciate your patience towards this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hello @gabyr, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your feedback and input about this situation.

Thanks for your participation in the Froums, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes