Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Fitbit app notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does a person delete old notifications from the app? I have notifications going all the way back to March when I first got my Fitbit. There seems to be no way.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
201 REPLIES 201
That is the issue unless it has been resolved. Notifications will remain and pile on your app until you move to a different product or the end of the world happens.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Right, I was just confused because the previous post said that 'I just delete without reading." So I wondered if he had found a way to delete them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry. I meant to say I get rid of the red dot reminder to read notifications. Didn't 

mean to offer false hope.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything . I still get notifications from blocked people. Come on

Best Answer
0 Votes

In settings, go to the Fitbit app. Turn off notifications.

Eventually, you should have no notifications after the group there automatically dies off according to Fitbit's program.

Turning notifications off and all the other memory-eaters in apps will do a lot to give you breathing room since the 16GB iPhones don't have very much memory.

I'm sorry, Fitbit, but you're wrong .... This problem has not been solved

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

So, I’ve just turned the notifications off and the red dot does turn black, but since my notifications never disappear, I’m not sure what this will do!  Thanks for the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Notifications enhance the functionality of the product. I like them. Why I am forced to carry them with me for the rest of my life is inexplicable. FB’s refusal to even comment on the issue will make my decision to move to another product (when my current unit passes away) easy.
Best Answer

I hate to say it, but your sentiment is very understandable. Why Fitbit
doesn't understand escapes me.

Judging by the posts, I'd say it escapes everyone but FB.

Best Answer

The periodic notifications should stop being added. Eventually the oldest ones should disappear according to Fitbit. 

If you go into Settings, then Notifications, you can also delete those mobile notifications you don't want to see.

Best Answer
0 Votes
To clarify: Stopping noties you may not want is not the issue. Deleting the archive of old data is. Yet to see one go away.
Best Answer

@RCLAPP wrote:
To clarify: Stopping noties you may not want is not the issue. Deleting the archive of old data is. Yet to see one go away.

That's right, that's the issue, making it possible to delete posts after they are read. And I think it's funny that this issue is marked as "resolved." No, it's not Fitbit. Oh, I forgot Fitbit doesn't read these threads. So why bother to have a forum for suggestions? Just to pacify us, I guess, and make us think they care. 

Best Answer

I turned off my notifications yesterday.  They are all back on today!  They absolutely cannot be erased or stopped!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My notifications have been turned off for several months and I still get them inside the app -- just don't get a text telling me I have one which is fine with me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just hate the red dots showing up, and the fact that there's no way to
stop that, or the hundreds of motivational

alerts before or after I've read them!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Really, it's like Groundhog Day!
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, they're just enjoying watching us torment each other complaining about
it. Was prob their plan all along,

just entertainment for tech guys.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That does nothing to control the motivational notifications everyone is
complaining about. There is no way to

turn them off, or to delete them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe me haven’t been deleting. I also don’t understand why block people their messages don’t go away .  They should!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the current day limit then? Because I have notifications dating back to January of 2017. Seems like your Tech department needs to step it up. Make it to where we can delete them ourselves. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry buddy, they never delete.
Best Answer
0 Votes