Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Availability

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've merged a few posts together about the One's availability and I wanted to address some of the sentiment and concerns. 

We are still supporting One through software updates and customer support is always available to help.  

If you are experiencing rapid battery drain after the iOS 2.41.1 update, we are currently investigating and you can follow the progress in this thread

Input and feedback on both the One and Zip have been passed to our team, and we do know there is a great deal of passion for the One. I'm sorry I don't have better news about its availability at this time.

I'll be closing this thread for further comments since the question has been resolved and there are no plans to bring back to the One at this time.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

@WendyB wrote:

@GlendamayThere are still some ones out there. You just need to watch pricing.

I got one from Amazon at a good price New

I keep looking but the price is high ATM 

Best Answer

Kate

I saw a note from you that the Zip should be considered as a replacement for One. This is hardly a serious suggestion as the Zip has only limited functionality and I would not buy it. I have a number of ordinary watches (ie, not fitness watches) and do not want to use a wristband fitness watch so One has been ideal for me. I will use it as long as it works well but think that Fitbit has made a mistake by not replacing One with an equal or better product.

Moderator edit: Title for clarity

Best Answer
I appreciate the information and your reply but I think you're missing the point. I didn't want to have to hunt for a new device, I'd like it to be available ongoing when I walk into a store or access it online. The company is removing the only slim device and convenient device that can be used without it showing on your wrist. They've really turned their back on a part of their customer base so they can "streamline" their products. Incredibly disappointing - I'll be switching brands- but they have the people who like the watches so the care factor is low for the One users.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@WendyB wrote:

@GlendamayThere are still some ones out there. You just need to watch pricing.

I got one from Amazon at a good price New

I keep looking but the price is high ATM 

They will not be coming back down in price either, Wendy is obviously a community PR person who isn't labeled as a Fitbit employee. If you look at her past post they are all support and PR handling.

Wendy please stop parroting you can get them on ebay etc the FACT of the matter is Fitbit discontinued one of its best products for no good reason, their isn't something new that does the same in the same form factor you are offering. Unlike your "streamlined" products whatever the hell that means to your company, this was the only product that wasn't a fashion accessory. The moral of the story is if it isn't a form of fashion and can be hidden it hurts your bottom line because you can't repackage it every year and resell it to us and we aren't a walking advertisement for you company by "wearing it visibly". 

Best Answer
Thanks. I keep looking, but I havn't seen any under $200.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to add that I am also gutted and upset that the One is being discontinued.  I have been searching for a new 'One' the past few weeks to replace the one my husband lost. (I still have mine).  Neither of us are able to wear one on our wrist as it irritates us.  The Zip doesn't do all that the One does.  We had friends who had the Zip who all replaced them for the One after only a few weeks of purchase.  My husband particularly wants the 'stairs' feature.  Changing the battery in the Zip is also a pain when you can just charge the One.  I have recommended Fitbit to so many people.  I know at least 10 bought them directly because of me singing its praises.  I feel very disappointed and can only hope that Fitbit will bring out a new version of the One soon!  (I also can not find any under $200)

Best Answer

I agree. The fitbit one is the best Fitbit had to offer because I don't want anything hanging on my arm. I was happy to get rid of my watch when I bought my fitbit one and I am on my second one now hoping you will continue the fitbit one before my current one quits.

Best Answer

@Errant wrote:

I have owned 3x Fitbit one’s since its release. To remove the only viable NON-Wrist based tracker that worked well is a BAD move by Fitbit. Real watches get my wrist real-estate Fitbit was a supplementary tracker because during real exercise I needed more accurate data and was using HR straps power meters etc. I was just about to order a One for my mom for her birthday cause she to refuse to have a badly designed square(My opinion some people love your wrist design) sitting on their wrist all day only to have the band break or fall apart due to sweat within a year. The Fitbit one was perfect. It was so perfect that the only time it needed to be replaced was after I steam washed it twice, it has fallen out in puddles overnight and much more, I can’t say the same for your wrist trackers. What was supposed to be me coming to fitbits website to spend a couple hundred on new fitbit one’s for my whole family has turned in to an all-out boycott of your company. The zip is not a substitute for the one, you should have discontinued the zip not the one.

BRING BACK THE ONE! People didn’t even know it existed and those that did usally only replaced it every 3-4 years after a mishap. That’s why it wasn’t a good seller not because it was bad. Many people prefer non-wrist trackers and most if not all of them were CRAP…..then there was the one, and you took that from us!

I agree. I will have to leave fitbit also when my one stops if the Fitbit one is not continued.

Best Answer

It is idiotic to discontinue the one. Many of us like this and can't wear the wrist based devices.

Best Answer

I absolutely agree. I slide my one into my front left pocket and head out the door. It tracks me all day. At night, I slip it into the wrist sleeve, and it monitors my sleep. With those two functions, it does everything I need.

I don't need another watch, whether fitbit, Apple, or otherwise. I don't need something on my other wrist. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement.

The zip is not the answer. I don't want to tap on the screen to see my step count. And, from what I've read here, it can't count stairs. (Why the heck not??)

If fitbit does not come back with the one (or maybe a two?), I will definitely be looking elsewhere for another fitness tracker.

Best Answer

@ErrantDone so when will you leave??

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am very disappointed that fitbit has made a poor judgement call by discontinuing the One.  

I cannot use a wrist based device because of the nature of my work. Plus, anyone who plays a sport in an organized league cannot wear a wrist based device (basketball, soccer, football). 

The one was the beat device in Fitbit's line. My husband had a Charge HR for about 6 months. It quit working on him and did not accurately track his hear rate. Plus he couldn't wear it playing basketball. He went right back to the One. 

Thanks for isolating loyal customers. They just lost 3 in our household. 

Best Answer

That is rather rude.

Best Answer

I've merged a few posts together about the One's availability and I wanted to address some of the sentiment and concerns. 

We are still supporting One through software updates and customer support is always available to help.  

If you are experiencing rapid battery drain after the iOS 2.41.1 update, we are currently investigating and you can follow the progress in this thread

Input and feedback on both the One and Zip have been passed to our team, and we do know there is a great deal of passion for the One. I'm sorry I don't have better news about its availability at this time. 

I'll be closing this thread for further comments since the question has been resolved and there are no plans to bring back to the One at this time.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer