Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Working While Unplugged from Charging Cable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, my one is all of the sudden having issues. It is fully charged, and when I go through the reset process I can get it to respond while it is in the charger. When I pull it from the charger I cant get it to respond, light up, sync, etc... are there other alternatives to reset this thing?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

I was hoping for the same answer. Mine is doing the same exact thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes doing restart 3 times in a row helps

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Hope to see you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi Wendy, thanks for the suggestion! I gave the a shot... no dice. Its like once it comes out fo the charging cable it becomes completely unresponsive. 

Best Answer
I also have tried this with no luck.
Best Answer

Same here, Mine hasnt synced for a few days. I plugged it in and it shows full charge and also says 6.64. Unplug and all blank. 

Best Answer
Same here. I really wish they would either offer to fix or replace it. I
have noticed a lot of others with the same issues since the update and they
decided to discontinue the one. So sad. I might just give up and go with a
different company all together.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jrm27 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One not responding when unplugged from the charging cable.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox. 

@kseastb @BDav22 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps. 

@WendyB Thanks for your help on this thread.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  Got it to sync while in charger,  but unresponsive once removed.  And it's not recording steps. 

Best Answer

Hi there,

i just purchased a brand new One and am having the same issue. This is my 3rd One and did not have any problems in the past with the other Ones. Can you contact me as well Santi?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine's doing the same thing as well. Have restarted it half a dozen times, but it's completely responsive once unplugged from the charger. 

Best Answer

@LisaK555 @dollparts95 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you are having with your Fitbit One not being responsive when unplugged from the charging cable.

Before moving ahead and contacting customer support, have you tried performing a restart on your One? This has helped other user in the past to get this sorted. It is worth giving that a try.

@kctinMA Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that yours is also doing the same. Thanks for your effort in performing the restart process in order to get this sorted.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have tried the reset many times and still doesn’t turn on. 

Best Answer

I have tried resetting it multiple times.  No luck. 

Best Answer

I’m hoping someone from Fitbit contacts me. It’s a brand new One

Thank you Santi for your response, I have tried numerous times to no avail.

hank you Santi for your response, I have tried numerous times to no avail.

Moderator Edit: Merged User's Posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One won’t turn on at all. I fully charged it on Saturday or

Sunday. The app says I have a full charge. It worked this morning and now nothing. 

Best Answer

My fitbit just stopped working a week ago and I have been able to get it charge and sync since.  I purchased another one and I am able to fully charge it but when I take it off the charger it won't turn on.  Seem to have same problem everyone else is.   I really like the Fitbit One.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue- and have tried the restart many times,  with no luck. 

Best Answer

@BDav22 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying the steps provided to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@LisaK555 @dollparts95 @ALC80 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for also trying the steps provided to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support for each of you. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@hollyh252 @sinclair67 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for also reporting that you are experiencing this situation.

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. That should certainly help you out with this. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having an identical issue. I bought my One literally this morning (still have the box and receipt) and it turn on if not plugged into the computer. I was able to sync to my phone and update the firmware while it was plugged in, but it won't respond if I unplug it. My phone confirms that it has 100% battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes