Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one has stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my current Fitbit for a few months. For no apparent reason, my dashboard has stopped displaying my latest data on BOTH  my iphone app AND my computer screen.

It seems as if my phone is unable to pick any data from the device. I've uninstalled the app and  followed the usual guidelines:

1. Open the Fitbit app from your iOS device. Sign into your account if you haven't done so already. 
2. Tap your tracker name at the top of the app dashboard. 
3. Make sure your tracker has battery life and bring it near to your iOS device. 
4. Scroll down and tap the "Sync Now" tile and wait for the sync to complete. 

But to no avail.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107
What did you do to get it to sync?
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is exactly what happened to me.  I deleted the app, reloaded it, paired my device again and eventually it worked.  I know how you feel and it is very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well and welcome to all the new users! Thanks for reporting this situation regarding the One not syncing.

I'd recommend trying the following in order to sync:

This steps should certainly help out. You could also try the accepted solution steps that @stlcardsfan posted as that worked.

Also, check this helpful article for more details on syncing. If non of this helps, please let me know as I can help you contact customer support for further assistance. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously!?!  Did you even read the comments sections?  We all said we had tried all of those solutions, except for uninstalling and re-installing the app.  And doesn't it seem suspicious to you that many users had the same problem occur at the same time?  

I can appreciate that Fitbit needs customers to explore available help online first, but please show your consumers the respect of reading our comments and honor the work we have already done to find a solution.  

I'm very disappointed in the lack of helpfulness in your response.  And I had to appeal to Fitbit support on twitter at least four times to even get this unhelpful response.

Best Answer

Yes, mine quit syncing again yesterday and I was able to get it to sync with my laptop last night but still no luck with my phone.  I've also noticed that as soon as I have syncing issues my battery drains rapidly.  I charged it last night and got notification to charge it again just now, about 15 hours later.  This happened the last time there was an android syncing issue and once the software issue was fixed the battery went back to lasting about a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't even get syncing with computer. I even deleted app. Uninstalled
fitbit, which I can't get back onto the account. So the problem has to be
on website
Best Answer

Mine synced on the computer last night, tonight, no such luck.  So much for having an alarm clock for work tomorrow!  Grrr!!!  This is not encouraging me to purchase another fitbit product especially since I can't wear the others at work!  

Best Answer

Tried it all. No luck on my iPad or iPhone.

Best Answer
I have only tried and failed. No success yet.
Best Answer
Read it all and did it all. I wonder about the update from 2 days ago. That’s when mine stopped syncing!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Susan57 @hiachiro @JudyAAC Thanks for your reply and for trying all of the tips to resolve this.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf so they can assist you further. Keep an eye on your email inbox. 

@Tamala67 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying the steps. It is possible that your One was unpaired from your account causing this. Please try these set up steps to pair it back to sync.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apparently I have lost the Fitbit app for my iPad! I uninstalled on my iPhone and reinstalled (no luck on the syncing) but when I uninstalled it on my iPad I could not find it in the App Store to reinstall!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Trying going to Amazon - they were offering the Fitbit app free
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed directions as indicated for my phone, all updates are installed and Bluetooth is on, and  still indicating that no tracker found. My tracker is on and fully   charged. Have turned it on and off several times. 

Best Answer
They gave up on mine! I got it in 2016. Offered a 25% discount on a new Fitbit. Of course, they don’t make Fitbit Ones anymore😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry. I really like the One too. I don't understand why they don't
make it any more.
Best Answer

@JudyAAC Thanks for your reply. The Fitbit app is free to download. You should find it at the iOS App Store. Did customer support contacted you?

@stlcardsfan I hope you're doing well! The Fitbit App is free to download on any platform. Look for the app at that platform's App Store. Also, please check this official post about the One being discontinued for more details on it.

@Tamala67 Thanks for trying those steps. I went ahead and created a case with customer support for you. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further steps. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!  This worked!!!!

Best Answer

Yeah!  Starting your week off on the right foot!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried every listed here and no avail.  I even deleted my one and tried to set it up as a new device and it doesn't find it.  It's fully charged.  So frustrated with Fitbit right now.  I love my one and really don't want to have to buy a new fitbit.  The bands cause an allergic reaction on my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes