Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one has stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my current Fitbit for a few months. For no apparent reason, my dashboard has stopped displaying my latest data on BOTH  my iphone app AND my computer screen.

It seems as if my phone is unable to pick any data from the device. I've uninstalled the app and  followed the usual guidelines:

1. Open the Fitbit app from your iOS device. Sign into your account if you haven't done so already. 
2. Tap your tracker name at the top of the app dashboard. 
3. Make sure your tracker has battery life and bring it near to your iOS device. 
4. Scroll down and tap the "Sync Now" tile and wait for the sync to complete. 

But to no avail.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107
Try it again tomorrow. The same thing has happened to me and eventually it
found it and synced up.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the encouragement, I will keep trying!
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is exactly what is happening with me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well well well this is interesting!  My fitbit just synced up too!  I'm happy to continue on with my Fitbit One for a while longer!

Best Answer

Mine is no longer syncing either.  They said the bluetooth in my fitbit no longer works.  It stopped about a week ago. It is 4 years old.  Not sure how long they are expected to last.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything and mine doesn't work today either. I've called Customer Service and stayed on the phone with them a long time, I've deleted the app and reinstalled it, restarted the Fitbit, turned Bluetooth on and off, etc. etc. and nothing works. Very frustrating! I hope to see a solution posted soon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow this interesting, mine stopped syncing about a week ago. They didn't give me a reason as to what was happening, but we're real fast at offer a discount to order another. Find if funny that so many people are having same issue all at once.
Best Answer
Oh that isn’t good news. Sorry to hear that. Will you be buying another product from Fitbit? If so which one? I am thinking I should plan ahead.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is exactly what happened to mine. And my device was eventually found
and started to sync. Try again tomorrow.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still like the Fitbit One because I don't want a wristband to wear. I've had a One for 3 years (2 different ones).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine just totally quit last night as I was setting it for sleep. There is
no display, and it is not charging this morning either! Guess I will be
shopping soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine usually syncs but not today (March 28, 2018). Anyone else having trouble today?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I needed to fully recharge mine and when it had finished that it did sync.
Keep trying.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will not sync either.  I cannot wear the bands and this one was the perfect solution.  Tried all the solutions listed at least twice each and nothing seems to work.  Waiting to hear if there is a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped on The 26th, I have tried my IPAD, my android phone, different WiFi, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, turned my Bluetooth off and on with no luck. Any other tips?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think we’re looking at “planned obsolescence”
Best Answer

I'm afraid you are correct!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That had occurred

Sent from my iPadto me too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jules49 @Catrinx Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for trying the steps provided here. I believe your One was unpaired from your account for some reason. Please try these set up troubleshooting steps and let me know if that works. 

@stlcardsfan I hope you're doing well! I'm very glad to hear that your One finally synced! I also see that you are interested in buying a new model? Have you thought which Fitbit device model would you like? 

@Susan57 I'm glad to hear that your One finally synced! 

@Tamala67 Thanks for your reply! So, customer support offered a discount for you? Have you thought about buying a different Fitbit device?

@Uzbekmom @allisondeanlove Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this. Did they offered you any alternative solutions?

@EBarbara @Danao83 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this. If your One is not syncing I'd recommend trying all of the steps shown on this post. If you already did some of those steps, please try them again in the order shown. This has helped other users in the past! 

If you keep experiencing trouble while syncing, please contact customer support for further assistance. Let me know if you need help with that too!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

SantiFitbit, i have read and gone through all the information in the link you provided and my One still will not link and now since I deleted it and the app and reinstalled the app, it won't pair.  I'm beyond frustrated with Fitbit and the lack of customer service.  I tried to call in and was on hold for 45 min.  I don't have that kind of time to waste sitting on hold.

It would have been nice if Fitbit would have let us know ahead of time that the One was being discontinued.  I can't wear a wrist tracker for various reasons.

Best Answer