Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one has stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my current Fitbit for a few months. For no apparent reason, my dashboard has stopped displaying my latest data on BOTH  my iphone app AND my computer screen.

It seems as if my phone is unable to pick any data from the device. I've uninstalled the app and  followed the usual guidelines:

1. Open the Fitbit app from your iOS device. Sign into your account if you haven't done so already. 
2. Tap your tracker name at the top of the app dashboard. 
3. Make sure your tracker has battery life and bring it near to your iOS device. 
4. Scroll down and tap the "Sync Now" tile and wait for the sync to complete. 

But to no avail.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

SantiFitbit, i have read and gone through all the information in the link you provided and my One still will not link and now since I deleted it and the app and reinstalled the app, it won't pair.  I'm beyond frustrated with Fitbit and the lack of customer service.  I tried to call in and was on hold for 45 min.  I don't have that kind of time to waste sitting on hold.

It would have been nice if Fitbit would have let us know ahead of time that the One was being discontinued.  I can't wear a wrist tracker for various reasons.

Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing on 3/21.  My Alta HR is still connected and syncs but it does not count my steps accurately at work. I chatted online with support tonight and all they could do is offer me 25% off a new tracker. Ummmm...I don't want a wrist tracker.  😞

At one point I removed my One from my app to see if I could then add it back on and now it won't do that. I've tried all of the fixes....deleted the app, tried to restart the One, and all the other things they say to do. Nothing is working. I fear that I may be done with Fitbit. It's been a great run but I think it's time to move on.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same issues with mine and same offer of 25% off new. Moving on too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did discover that the Alta or the Charge can be carried in my pocket rather than worn on the wrist so I’m somewhat mollified.
Best Answer
0 Votes
What device are you moving to?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, my FitBit One miraculously started syncing again. I think they must have fixed a software issue.
Best Answer

I've had probably four Fitbit Ones over the past 3 years, they sometimes just stop working after a few months, in which case Fitbit will replace it but usually it's just after the warranty is up and then they are sorry but here's a 25% discount.  My latest one, (a replacement for one that quit after 4 months) just quit, it's been over a year so I know I'm out of luck.  Think I'll try a different brand.  I'm tired of replacing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you sure it is charged?? Mine seems to be dead at times too, then I
plug it in the charger and lo and behold it comes back to life and the
battery isn't low either.

If you find something similar to the One please let me know. I really like
that the One counts stairs and I can clip it on; I really don't want to
wear one on my wrist.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge 2 counts stairs. According to another thread on Fitbit there are people who have taken it off the strap and put it in their pocket. They have had no trouble with step counting.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t get what you guys are doing.  A few months back you did an update caused all kinds of problems for a lot of people including me.  You guys sent me a new One and has been working fine.  I didn’t realize my phone would automatically do all updates when came in, I thought I fixed that after last time but evidently not.  You guys did another update yesterday and surprise surprise again it will not sinc my steps.  Are you really trying to loose your customers???  So not happy and will not switch to a wrist one.  So if this is going to continue to be an issue with you guys I will find a different brand...

Dottie Hildebrand 

unhappy customer of One

Best Answer
0 Votes
you were right, the battery wasn't low, but after a two day rest, and
re-charge, it's back working. I expect just from past experience that it
will probably quit for good soon so I will be looking for another option.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that my One has really bit the dust this time. What device are you thinking of getting?  I really don't want one that I have to wear on my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the Charge 2. I took the straps off to put it in my pocket. Then I went on Amazon to get a bra clip for it...funny looking but I don’t care. It counts my steps, distance, and stairs which is all I wanted. I still use the dashboard as before and it is all good!
Best Answer
wow, I didn't know you could do that, sounds like a perfect solution. My
One has re-started but I know it's only a matter of time, and I don't want
anything I have to wear on my wrist. Thanks.

J
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. I just spent about 45 minutes w/ Fitbit support and
basically my One is 'damaged'. Seems they want you to spend a lot for what
we had in the One.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If they keep having this problem with syncing because of their updates and
can't see they are causing this then as far as I'm concerned I will find
another company to deal with. They are forcing us to change to something
else and they are causing these problems. I will not continue to buy their
product.
Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding One not syncing. Also, thanks for providing your feedback and experience.

@dottiewolf I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the syncing trouble you are experiencing with One.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this helpful article already? If not, please give them a try. Perform them in the order given there for best results. 

@Jules49 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support for you to get further assistance on this matter. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned off bluetooth and logged out of fitbit.  I turned off my phone.  Nothing is working to sync my fitbit one.  I've had my one since January and now all of a sudden it won't find it to sync it.  I'm done buying products from Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes