Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one has stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my current Fitbit for a few months. For no apparent reason, my dashboard has stopped displaying my latest data on BOTH  my iphone app AND my computer screen.

It seems as if my phone is unable to pick any data from the device. I've uninstalled the app and  followed the usual guidelines:

1. Open the Fitbit app from your iOS device. Sign into your account if you haven't done so already. 
2. Tap your tracker name at the top of the app dashboard. 
3. Make sure your tracker has battery life and bring it near to your iOS device. 
4. Scroll down and tap the "Sync Now" tile and wait for the sync to complete. 

But to no avail.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107
I would contact the support people and work w/ them if you haven’t already. Yours should still be under warranty - mine wasn’t. I did purchase a Flex 2

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I tried that before posting here. They have no answer other than offering 25% off on another product. I already have an Alta HR that I’m not impressed with so I definitely don’t want to buy another wrist device. I’ll just stick with my Apple Watch and incorrect steps from that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I so agree feel the same way...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit. Also, thanks for your feedback.

@Voodoogal63 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

There are a couple more steps you can try in order to get back on track. Please check them out on this helpful article. Please try the steps in the order given there for nest results. If you already did some of the steps showing there, please perform them again.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me and I had to reset it. Plug it in and hold the button down for 10-12 seconds than unplug it and hold the button to power it on.  

Best Answer

Thank you. These instructions worked for me. Problem seems to occur when I update the app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This looks like it was a spring thread, but mine has stopped syncing suddenly--last sync was July 24th. I only use the dashboard on my computer. I can't even find a way to force a sync any more. Help please!

I should add that it is displaying everything that it should--I just can't get it to sync to my computer to save it or get a report.

Moderator Edit: Merged User's Posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vbarshis Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One not syncing properly. Thanks for providing some details about this.

I'd recommend trying all of the syncing troubleshooting steps found on that helpful article. That should certainly help you out with this. Also, check here to find ways to force sync (manually sync) using different platforms including computers.

Additionally, check if you have any firmware update pending. That may be preventing your tracker from syncing too.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry you are having trouble. Try logging on to the dashboard and I
think under community you can chat w/ someone from Fitbit. I did this a
couple of times.

I have since bought a different Fitbit product.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

@stlcardsfan I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your suggestion on this thread.

Just wanted to jump in and leave this link here to contact customer support. Right there, you will find the options o contact them via email, chat, or phone. @vbarshis

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This worked. I don't know what I would have done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nanamouse Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Your are very welcome. I'm really glad to read that you found this thread helpful and that you are back on track now.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you - that worked 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you lose all previous data??

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I did not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all the recommended fixes.  Frustrated....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Out of interest, I am reading this problem including my own with the Fitbit One, does anyone know of the same problem with other Fitbit products? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced my Fitbit One with Charge 2 over a year ago and have had no problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just ordered a different Fitbit. My Fitbit one just started losing all the charge within a day
Best Answer
0 Votes