Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

For the last couple of days my fitbit was unable to sync to any device i tried. 

Let me tell you the whole story. So, i got my fitbit one back in august 2016, so its been almost one year. The last time i synced was saturday. Now, whenever i try to sync the fitbit app say tracker not found. I tried restarting my tracker, charging it, and even removing it from my acount to reconect it but that has all failed. 

Tgank you for youre help

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

The tracker restart procedure is known to not always work so it might be worth trying that a few more times. If that doesn't work then there are a few more things to try in this troubleshooting guide:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866

Best Answer

I have done everything advised on the Fitbit but I cannot get my Fitbit to sync since yesterday 7/31.  I have had my Fitbit for years as of yesterday nothing will sync.  I'm at a loss because have done everything to get it to sync.  My Fitbit is running and recording activity but cannot sync.  What can I do next????? Help,

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have tried the restart procedure multiple times without success then there are a few more ideas to try in this troubleshooting guide:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866

If you still can't get it to sync after that then it's probably best to contact customer support via:

contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Thanks Steve I think it's time to make a call, Tomi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same thing today 

Best Answer

Mine has not synced since 7/24!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TCO57 if you've tried multiple restarts and the other suggestions earlier in this thread and it still won't sync then you ought to contact customer support. Fitbits only have enough memory to store data for up to a week between syncs so you are now losing data.

Best Answer
Thank you, Steve
Best Answer
0 Votes
I kept trying and it finally synced, keep turning Bluetooth on and off ,
don't give up
Best Answer
0 Votes

You didn't mention what kind of phone you have, but in my household, we all have Samsung phones and just got an update pushed out.  Since the update, we haven't been able to sync our trackers.

Last night, in an act of desperation (LOL), I plugged the USB dongle in to see if I could sync it via PC....and it worked.  So you might want to try that route? 

To clarify - I did this for my mom's tracker last night.  Her phone updated on Friday and her tracker hadn't synced since.  MY phone didn't update until this morning and now my app isn't syncing either.  But at least I know what I'm going to try FIRST when I get home tonight instead of spending a solid two hours trying every other solution posted online that wouldn't work...

Best Answer

I got the update on Samsung GS5 this morning and now mine wont recognize the device (one) and when it finally does it wont pair with it. Then goes back to not finding it. I have tried everything to get it to connect including plug it into the computer and it still wont work

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem.  My Fitbit One last synced last night, but after this morning's GS5 update it won't sync anymore.  What a pain.

Best Answer

ya i tried everything suggested. then contacted customer support via twitter and they wanted me to go through everything again which of course did nothing. and now im waiting 30 min for another suggestion since the last thing didn't work. guess i need to call. Wish someone would outline what steps they had to take AFTER a samsung update that got them running again

Best Answer

I also have the Samsung S5 and after yesterday's update, my phone also refused to sync with my One. I tried all suggested steps-restarting the One several times, signing out and back into the app, I uninstalled the app, reinstalled  it and signed back in and still no luck. I resorted to finding my dongle and syncing to my computer which worked. I haven't used the dongle in over a year. Being able to sync to the app on my phone is so convenient, so having to sync to the computer does not make me happy!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The restart worked and I did not lose any data, thank you for the
help,vSteve
Teresa
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I finally tried to connect to computer it also didn't sync right away. I had to try it a few times before I finally got it to sync with the computer. So I suggest trying a few times before you give up. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't get the dongle to work.  Having same problem after the Samsung update this morning.  Hope if I keep trying things will resolve?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to try with the dongle a couple of times yesterday before it finally synced. (Still won't work after update on my Samsung phone)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also can't sync with my Samsung S5. I tried everything.  When I tried to pair my One with the bluetooth, it wouldn't. I can sync via computer until the problem is solved, but I prefer my Samsung. 

Best Answer