Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye My Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I have to say goodbye to my Fitbit One. I want to thank Fitbit for this awesome tracker. I think my One has run its course. It's too bad that the One is no longer available. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. The Fitbit Inspire is not an option for me. My one lasted me 6 years. 

24,840,324 steps, 35209 floors for a total of 11,222 miles. RIP my friend.

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

You all will NOT believe this!  After trying for 6 days to sync and posting on this site tonight, I have synced!!!  I have tried, at least 5 times a day, to restart my One by plugging in the charger to my lap top and holding the button down for 12 seconds, taking it out of the charger and restarting.  Until tonight, when I would take it out of the charger the display was already running.  Tonight, after 2 tries, I finally turned the **ahem** thing off!  I'm finally up and running and a little disappointed I didn't have all that many steps!  HA!!!  Who cares.  Think I finally solved my problem.  BTW, my battery seems to be fine, lasting about 5-6 days.  I need to figure out what I'm going to do, I LOVE my One and hate to think about a wrist model.  Do we have a petition going for FitBit to bring back the One?  I'll sign it!

Best Answer

Good for you, congrats. That what I wanted to advise when I saw your first post, resetting. Hope it will last some time now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Funny, I had tried re-setting every day for days!!! It finally works!!!
Best Answer

Which battery did you buy? My One is still hanging in there but I would love to know for when it dies.

i love my One!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine works with my MacBook, I am definitely not going to update until I know my One will sync!

Best Answer
0 Votes
*I ordered the following battery from AliExpress in China.*
*Took about 1-2 wks to receive. After I received it I took*
*it to a cell phone repair place who opened the FitBit One*

*& had to solder the wires in. It worked out fine. Cost $11 for battery &
$35 to replace. Total $46 to get my FitBit to running. Cheaper than
buying on CraigsList. Good luck ! ! ! *

60mAh Rechargeable Battery for Fitbit One Wireless Activity & Sleep Tracker

[Transaction Screenshot]

$ 10.85 X1

Product properties: China + 3.7V
Best Answer

Please post that petition if it's started!  I am a wearer of the The One since 2011...yep that's right 😄

2nd device...

I only want this product - will NOT, I repeat I will not buy a wrist/bracelet device.  I don't wear watches and rarely wear bracelets as it is.  Fitbit used to care about customer input.  Folks have begged for them make these again, but to no avail.  I hope that petition goes out and gets noticed by the Google/Fitbit brass!

Best Answer

Totally agree!!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
I also very upset with FitBit not offering ONE of the best products. I do NOT want to wear a wrist band.
Hope they change their mind. My ONE served me for 7 yrs before it finally died. I would be willing to
pay more to get another one.
Best Answer

With the global virus issues, I'm sure supply chains/delivery will make this shipment take at least 3 months.  But I appreciate you posting the steps you took - think I will follow suit.  Now I have a little hope!  The syncing has been hit or miss lately. Hope my One device can hold on until I can get a new battery. Thanks for posting this @bibmike9999!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine will be 6 years old on 4/24. That's probably why it was discontinued...too reliable!!
Best Answer

I recently bought a used One for as much as $15. It lasts two weeks on a single charge and looks like new. I'm satisfied. So, I'm gonna be covered for a few more years:-) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree 100%!!

Clipping on the device is part of my daily habit, it's now 2nd nature. Wearing a watch or bracelet, simply is not.  Plus I have little risk of damaging the device with it clipped to my bra...  About 2yrs ago, I found cheap clip on holders that fit better than the originals. I've never lost one, never damaged one... It's simply much easier to adapt using this device onto my everyday life. I'd gladly pay as much as $50-100 more for an updated version of The One!  Helllllllloooo FitBit are you reading this??? There are many more out here like me!!! SMH

Best Answer

Thank you for this post. My cherished One died after 7 years. I am going to scout out a cell phone repair place and try. the battery replacement route.

Might also try a used one in the meantime but don’t expect it to last long.

@mizaggy , I would really appreciate hearing how your quest goes. My One has no problems until one day it just died and wouldn’t recharge.

Best Answer

Hello @Aromer3 ,

what an excellent price! Did you find it online?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife had her One for about 6 years also. Her problem is that the button broke off and then the One started doing strange things like flashing off and on at night. We replaced her One with an Inspire since we are really only interested in step and sleep track. Unfortunately, the Inspire tracked her sleep for two nights and then quit. The best that Fitbit customer service was able to offer was a refund. The big advantage form our perspective is that the One had manually initiated sleep tracking while the Inspire and all of Fitbits other products now have a very dubious automatic tracking. I have written about this in other places. Also, unfortunately, it seems that automatic sleep tracking is now the industry standard and I have not be able to find a manual sleep tracker so far. If any one has come across a step and sleep tracker that manually initiates sleep tracking, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Fortunately, my One, which is only about 5 years old, is still doing its thing. Too bad they decided to abandon such a useful product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell us what is involved in replacing the battery. I can't even es how to open my One.

Best Answer
I agree! I can still note my steps but without syncing, I don't have a record on my computer.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I found it online on a local a la eBay. I live in Russia where Fitbit products are not being sold officially. So, when new, they are expensive, more expensive than in the US, because they come from the states or Europe. But when used, they are very cheap, because it's pretty difficult to sell used Fitbit units here. The users here don't value them as much as the US users do. That's why it was so cheap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tnaylor a heat gun or hair dryer to warm the glue for opening the case and amateur soldering skills and a soldering iron to install the battery, and of course, the replacement battery. 

Fitbit-Dissection.JPG

Best Answer