Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

@Julia_G

Thanks for the reply Smiley Very Happy

I don't want to fall in love with it though and then never be able to get it again.

For now, I am getting my replacement Zip & see how that goes (fingers crossed) & will be looking at other options.  I am hoping that Fitbit will have a replacement for the One also, so perhaps I can still get something similar.

I don't really want to order something that is and has been on backorder for quite sometime.  Mostly because, well, I hate waiting soooo long for things.  I'd rather order something when it is actually in stock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Craig

I am hoping the same, and your post gives me hope!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Except they are keeping the Zip which was the very first clip on and doesn't even do all the things that the One does. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@janel

Gee.... this is utterly frustrating.

I say that all signs point to it being discontinued.  Lack of presence on online retailers, the jacked Amazon prices, and it NOT being on the main Fitbit.com page and not being showcased as one of their products on the main page are pretty good indicators 😞

Best Answer

@GATrig    sorry but the zip did not come out til after the one. There was the original tracker the ultra and then the on all clip ons.. You can check it out here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fitbit_products

Craig Raper

Please remember to mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find posts and remarks helpful vote for them.

Best Answer

I have absolutely ZERO confidence in Fitbit at this point.  Why buy another One when all indications are the platform is being allowed to deteriorate?  There are so many reports of synching and battery drain issues that have been ongoing for a month or so.  Fitbit's consistent "copy and paste" responses do little to inspire confidence in any fix or in ongoing support for the One.  I think Fitbit is trying to create a little "buying flurry" with the "on back order", the inconsistent reports of discontinuing the One and the pushing One users toward a wearable or the inferior Zip (who knows how long THAT has to live?).  Now there are rumors of an Underarmor buy out of Fitbit.  All in the service of the almighty dollar with not a thought to  those customers who purchase (or don't) with their dollars.  Look at the Ozeri 4x3 Tri Mode Activity Tracker or the Striive Play Tracker, both of these seem comparable to the One.  I probably will go with one of those and leave Fitbit in MY dust when my One breathes it's last.  I will never buy another Fitbit product after being treated this poorly no matter how much I love my One.  

Best Answer

I ordered a One here last night and it says my order has been placed, but the item is on backorder and will ship in 3 to 4 weeks.  If it's being discontinued, will I really get it or will I get an email in a couple of weeks saying it is not longer available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One will not charge.  I have iphone 6.  Is this a software problem this past weekend?  Or do I need to order another one.  I hope it's not discontinued?

Best Answer
0 Votes
A previous post days ago said it took a person 6 weeks to get it. Can you let us know if and you get it and how long it took?

Val
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like this forum is all about Fitbit one not charging and/or syncing. I also agree with previous comments that the platforms seems to be deteriorating. In the last few months I have had battery drain seems to hold the battery for about 24 hours.  I can get it to charge but it no longer charges quickly. Cannot get it to sync with my computer. Was having trouble with my android phone too but figured out if I turn the Bluetooth off and then on I can get it to sync. 

I tried serching different forums to force a sync with my computer but to no avail.  All instructions included one thing or another that I could not find in on my dashboard or in my account. 

Thank you to the person who asked about discontinuance of the Fitbit One.  That may be the only answer to all the issues.  I love the Fitbit one.  Fits nicely in my pocket or on my waistband and is unobtrusive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have lost all confidence in Fit bit now. They still haven't solved the
problem of syncing the One since the latest Samsung update. I haven't been
able to sync since August 29.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JudyHorz wrote:
I have lost all confidence in Fit bit now. They still haven't solved the
problem of syncing the One since the latest Samsung update. I haven't been
able to sync since August 29.

@JudyHorz - Have you contacted Customer Service? I did and I have been trying to work with them to fix the same problem. Not only am I having problems syncing, mine doesn't hold a charge more than 30 hours or so. But they can't prove it because I can't sync all the time! But seriously, contact them and the more that do, the better idea they have to get it fixed. If only 1 or 2 people contact them, they may not fix it. BUT if 100 contact them with the same problem, they will fix it or have a better idea of what is causing the problem. jmho though ....

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're probably right. It's very discouraging.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My One's battery is shot -- as my One is three years old! The unit holds a charge for three days. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chris92057Mine was doing that too, which is why I tried to buy a new one. However, after resetting it AND turning off all-day syncing, it is back to holding a charge for 7-8 days, as it was before. If you haven't already done those things, it might be worth a try.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

@Chris92057 and others concerned with recent decrease in the One's battery life, please see this thread. The work-around there worked for me.

Fitbit's email support is still claiming that the One is not being discontinued, just on backorder. I'm in contact with them due to the battery life issue.

"Please, let is recify this for you, as we assure you that even though you are releasing new products, we haven't been informed that the One will be discountinued, there is just an inventory shortage at this moment."

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@Chris92057 and others concerned with recent decrease in the One's battery life, please see this thread. The work-around there worked for me.

Fitbit's email support is still claiming that the One is not being discontinued, just on backorder. I'm in contact with them due to the battery life issue.

"Please, let is recify this for you, as we assure you that even though you are releasing new products, we haven't been informed that the One will be discountinued, there is just an inventory shortage at this moment."

One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Should people feel confident about spending $300 on a "smart fitness watch" when they can't even broadcast a singular message properly? This is split messaging has been going on for at least 2 weeks now. 

Best Answer

IMG_5269.PNG

Here are a couple responses and I have questioned the others that claim there is no news of the discontinuation ... IMG_5250.PNG

IMG_5269.PNG

moderator edit: size for visibility  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted a burgundy one, got stuck ordering black too 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is PROOF that companies do not listen to customers and would rather shoot themselves in the foot to follow some marketing exec's agenda instead of continuing to make A LOT of their customer base happy.

Thank God for competition because if I am forced to wear something on my wrist then it wont be a fitibit branded product!

Best Answer