Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

I ordered mine 10 days ago and got an email this morning saying it had been shipped!  So perhaps you'll get yours soon too!

Best Answer

Just so ya'll now-- I bought a Fitbit One ON Fitbit.com 2 days ago after discovering mine was near end-of-battery life. It SAID it was on 3-4 week backorder. But today, I got an email that it had shipped....

Best Answer

Same story here - I ordered the burgundy ONE from REI and decided to go ahead and order one from Fitbit so I will have two brand new ones. Both have been shipped already. My original One is still going strong after two years so I’m set for a while. I also recently gifted my daughter and granddaughter with Ones (which they had on their Wishlist) so they might need a replacement sometime. Hopefully, I’m set until they come out with a suitable product. I can’t believe they would be so oblivious to the need for a like product that they don’t come out with another version of the One. I hope they add water resistance when they do!

The One from REI actually just arrived!  Yeah!

Best Answer

I see this was marked "solved". While I took advantage of an excellent offer from Fitbit for 50-percent off and opted for a watch -- I found a One from an Amazon retailer with a bit of a premium ($130). Received the One yesterday. So far, so good. I receive the Blaze this Friday. With the discount, it was $100 and some change. I'm hoping that I can wear both to see what differences are. Plus, I sincerely hope that Fitbit realizes that the One was the one for us hard core users. Best wishes, everyone. Get your steps on!

Best Answer

Fitbit One stays charged twice as long as any of your other options which is why I love it.  If you offer being able to track your activities all day and sleep at night, when can you charge it?  And the new fitbit options have to be charged constantly.  

Please consider developing something that holds a charge.  

Best Answer

For those looking for a clip option utilizing the existing wrist models, you can find clip-style holders for the Alta/Alta HR on Amazon. This one is only $7.99 and it has the magnetic closure, so no broken fitbit clip end piece. 

Best Answer
Thank you. I ordered the Alta clip (for Alta HR too?) plus the Flex 2 for swimming. I gave up wanting Fitbit One.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@anghara, @janel@depechian  Thanks for the updates. Orders for US and Canada did ship this week and it's currently in stock at fitbit.com US and Canada sites.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Yep - got an e-mail saying our Fitbit One is on the way too. Smiley Happy

Just checked out the Alta...it does not sync with any Windows lower than 10.0 and  I currently use an older computer with Windows 7. No Alta for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE the ONE unless you find a means of upgrading the ZIP to track the same functions as the One.   Several months ago I had to replace my One and could not locate to buy.  I purchased a Charge 2 but find it to be so uncomfortable I only use it for sleep tracking.  I loved the ONE and am sure I am not the only customer who strongly prefers a clip on style that includes sleep and stair functions.

Best Answer
I agree!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think discontinuing the One is a mistake. Many people don't want to wear a wristband and they don't seem as accurate. I don't like the clip on you have. If I have to get a watch style it will be an Apple Watch then. 

Best Answer

I began researching battery life of a One tonight because I'vevrecently been having the issues with battery life described by others.  I'm glad I did, or I wouldn't have known the One is being discontinued.  While I believe my One, at 2-1/2 years old, will still serve me for many more months, I immediately ordered a new one so I have a back-up.  I'm very sorry to hear it's going to be discontinued.  I bought a Zip for my brother--not nearly as satisfactory as the One.

Best Answer
The Zip is useless. Does NOTHING that ANY pedometer app does. Will NOT do sleep or floors or wake up vibrating. What can’t they just kill that UGLY Zip and KEEP THE *ONE* ???

Don’t THEY *EVER* listen to their customers???
The Closer You Get to The Meaning
The Sooner You Know that You're Dreaming
Best Answer

Yes, that happened to me last week.  No e-mail, to which I'm accustomed, and it completely died in 1/4 of the time I would expect.

Best Answer
Wow shocked! I work in the jewelry business and dress appropriately. I need to wear one of my expensive watches during the work week. The One was perfect to track my steps and helped me lose 98 lbs. you obviously don't realize that there is a large segment of customers that need to wear a business watch during the week and still track their steps.
Will you at least support the software for those that own a One?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you Kate for letting us know. Will Fitbit continue to offer support for the One? I'm sorry if this is cross posting.  I got a second One and just love it!  Thanks for all your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not an accepted solution to me. I'm a long-time Fitbit user, having had a zillion Zips and two Ones. I took a break from Fitbit for a while and just bought my new One in May, not knowing it would barely hold a charge for more than a few days (which I can live with) and the One itself (though, yes, they are still in stock and will be supported on the app, according to CS, but who knows if that is even true or for how long).

Why not discontinue the Zip, as it is the older device, or announce a new non-wrist based unit as they did when the Ultra was phased out? Putting a wrist-based device in some kind of clip is not going to be accurate as those units are designed to be used on the wrist.

I've talked to CS about this and they say they are not even aware of this forum with KateFitbit's post on it that basically DOES say, yes, One is to be discontinued. They say there are Ones in stock.

I just feel that it is dishonest for them to sell Ones and deny they are being discontinued. I would not have bought my One in May if I knew that was the plan and that no type of replacement would be announced or forthcoming.

I love Fitbit but can't wear a wrist-tracker and don't want to buy another One that will also stop working eventually.

It's their company, though. They can support whom they please.

Fitbit has a mystique to me and I suspect to others that maybe just exists because they were the first experience I/we had in trendy wearable trackers. But now there are other nice options for non-wrist users.

Thanks for listening.

Best Answer

@amyelaine@BeachBulky  We will continue to support the One, even when it is no longer available, and provide troubleshoots and replacements for devices in warranty. 

@KeepOne I appreciate your feedback, I too wish we had a future clip based product to announce, but don't have information at this time.

The One is in stock and still on sale, which may be one the agent you spoke with told you this. We have updated our agents that eventually the One will not be available. This does not mean we will not support it or that we won't be able to replace devices in warranty. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes