Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605
You do realize that even if you buy an extra couple of the ONE version, it won't have a warranty past a year from the day you buy it. That could be a problem...

Sent From My 2016 Jet Black 256 Gig iPhone 7 Plus
The Closer You Get to The Meaning
The Sooner You Know that You're Dreaming
Best Answer
0 Votes

My replacement Fitbit One is experiencing the same issue with charge only lasting 3 days.  Disappointed the Fitbit folks have not resolved.  BTW, you can find new Fitbit One on EBay at similar price to the Fitbit site without being in limbo on availability 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just had a replacement  One,from Fitbit, and I regret I will have to return it for a refund as It just will not show correct readings, time etc, Now what? The Fitbit Team have been very helpful but cannot solve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the One is being discontinued, I've been wondering if that means the backorders are being filled from returns, rather than from new stock. That makes the likelihood of getting a nonfuctioning One fairly high, and I'm leaning toward canceling my backorder.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit stepped up and offered me a replacement or 50-percent off. That's good customer service. 

Best Answer
I decided to replace my Fitbit One with Alta HD and may order the Flex 2 for lap swimming.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

What I might do is get the Charge 2 and get one of those metal third party wristbands with a magnetic clasp, as too many have complained that the original keeps breaking, so my thoughts are that being metal, that should not happen

the current holder I have for the One is magnetic, so maybe I could clasp it to the belt/waist of what I am wearing

heads up to anyone that makes holders for fitbit, a huge market for you here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ONE lasted about three and a half years. In August the device went downhill very, very fast. Typical of a worn out battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chris92057Are you saying that they offered you a replacement of a 3.5 year old device? Or did you buy another one that failed quickly, and that is what they offered to replace or provide a discount for replacing?

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
I got 25% off because the warranty was no longer. I ordered the Alta HR instead of the One. I hope Fitbit staff listens and provides a clip on option
Best Answer
0 Votes

Janel, Fitbit offered a 50-percent coupon or a free replacement on my One. I opted to buy a watch. I believe the company did the best, considering and went beyond approach. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting rid of the ONE is a huge error on FitBit's part. I for one do not want to wear anything on my wrist and being able to clip my ONE on my bra is perfect. I've had mine for 2 years and have worn it every day but the battery is not staying charged so wanted to replace it. News that it is being discontinued is very disappointing and a huge mistake by your marketing department. None of your other options are suitable - I will be forced to go elsewhere.  

Best Answer

Victory for me. My husband found the last one while we were in Bed, Bath & Beyond in Durango CO. So I now have a "One" just as my Charge HR broke like so many more HR's.👌😀 Plus I got it at $79 after applying my 20% discount.👍

Best Answer

I disappointed in Fitbit's decision to discontinue production of the Fitbit One.  The Fitbit Zip is an inferior, bulkier product, and many of us do not want to wear wrist band products.  You will lose market share because you are not meeting the market demand for this segment.  I am now forced to find another product that better meets my needs.  Sorry to say goodbye to Fitbit.

Best Answer

I sincerely hope you are not totally getting rid of the Fitbit One without coming out with a newer/better version.  First, the wristband ones are not nearly as accurate for steps taken.  I can put away the dishes and get hundreds of steps.  Also, if you don't want to wear one of the wrist options, then you are hosed.  The Fitbit Zip is not really an option given how big and round it is - it just looks funny.  How can you have 15 wrist options and only one clip on option??? 

Best Answer

Dear Fitbit-- just two days ago I ordered a Fitbit One from your website, with a link I was sent for 25% off, from the customer service representative at Fitbit that helped when I called for help to determine if my Fitbit was 'dead.'  (It's almost there.  battery charge won't hold for more than a day, but it IS 4 years old).  My 'receipt' says the replacement Fitbit One is backordered 3-4 weeks.  Can you please tell me (or is there another way I can find out), am I actually going to get a replacement Fitbit?  The person that helped me on the phone KNEW I planned on buying nothing but the One, so he surely didn't know, if it isn't available any more.  Please respond.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again - thank you for posting the REI link for the Burgundy Fitbit One. I was lucky enough to order one. As of today, they are already gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But not as good for clipping 'discretely' onto the center of your bra.  as in, NOT un-bulky.

Best Answer

Hi - I just wanted to give an update on ordering a new One. I ordered a new One on 8/15 from the website (where it said it was backordered 3-4 weeks). I got an email that the One shipped to me today (9/12) - so at least at present the 3-4 week backorder does seem an accurate estimate, and they are still shipping them. For those who were wondering like @HeidiGH, it does seem to be worth it to order a new One if you can wait out the backorder.

I also ordered one from REI since I was worried about the backorder, and that shipped yesterday...so guess I now will have a new One and a backup!

Best Answer

The One I had backordered also shipped today, and the Fitbit store is now showing the One as in stock. So presumably they are not currently being backordered.

Best Answer