Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

Since FitBit One is being discontinued.  Which other Fitbit model can be carried in a pocket?  I need a replacement and absolutely can NOT use a wearable band.  I need something to put in my pocket.

Best Answer

I am very disappointed FitBit! My One needs replacing! I really enjoy the One. Is there’s battery replacement for the One?

Best Answer

Will there be a replacement? I do not want to wear anything on my wrist. I like the features on the One. Why is it being discontinued?

Best Answer

Judy, there doesn't seem to be any type of replacement at this point and Fitbit is telling customers to buy a wearable (Wrist) or buy the Zip which is complete garbage. That is why we are all so frustrated right now with Fitbit and the discontinuation of the One!

Best Answer

Fitbit has offered no reasonable alternatives to the One, only telling us we should buy one of their wearables or the Zip.   Fitbit is not replacing the One but is leaving the One users in the dust, preferring to court the Apple-Smart-Watch-crowd.    I have a beautiful Swiss watch, self winding, reliable as hell, that I have worn for 22 years.   The watch has been scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming across mile + wide lakes, and bathed and groomed some awfully dusty horses, yet it keeps impeccable time.   Why would I want to give that up for some clunky watch-thing destined for obsolescence in 2 years?  Why would I want an inferior Zip tracker when I have become accustomed to the graceful One that does everything I want and does it all well?  Fitbit no longer deserves our loyalty.  The situation is infuriating and a sad affirmation of the one-way-street that characterizes business-customer relations in our country.   

Best Answer

I was also wanting to replace my 'One'.  It would be good if they could offer a discreet bra clip (like the clip on the 'One') for the Flex 2.  I do ballroom dancing and a bracelet or pendant is no good.  I hear the Flex 2 is very small so a bra clip would be perfect.  I have worn my 'One' there for 3 years.  Unfortunately the battery is on its last legs.

Please consider this.  

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this thread. I have an update to share. 

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming later this year. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months. 

If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Bah. You've lost me as a customer.  😖

Best Answer

@Millerliter wrote:

Fitbit has offered no reasonable alternatives to the One, only telling us we should buy one of their wearables or the Zip.   Fitbit is not replacing the One but is leaving the One users in the dust, preferring to court the Apple-Smart-Watch-crowd.    I have a beautiful Swiss watch, self winding, reliable as hell, that I have worn for 22 years.   The watch has been scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming across mile + wide lakes, and bathed and groomed some awfully dusty horses, yet it keeps impeccable time.   Why would I want to give that up for some clunky watch-thing destined for obsolescence in 2 years?  Why would I want an inferior Zip tracker when I have become accustomed to the graceful One that does everything I want and does it all well?  Fitbit no longer deserves our loyalty.  The situation is infuriating and a sad affirmation of the one-way-street that characterizes business-customer relations in our country.   

Exactly! Well said. 

If I am going to wear something on my wrist, it's going to be either a real high-quality Swiss wristwatch, or I will wear an Apple Watch. When Fitbit comes out with their own smartphone to integrate with their wrist-based trackers, then maybe I will reevaluate their products, but their integration with iOS leaves a lot to be desired, specifically since they're competing with Apple. 

If you're going to kill a product, then kill the clunky Fitbit Zip. I know a lot of people like myself who are passionate Fitbit One users, who have purchased multiple Fitbit One trackers over the years. I don't know ANYBODY who uses the Zip. 

What this means is that they're not only losing my business, but they're burning the bridge as well. I'm tempted to just go get a hammer and demolish my current tracker just to get it over with. Given the current situation with the Fitbit iOS app chewing up the battery life, I might as well, as it's almost worthless.  

Best Answer

The ZIP is crap. It does NOTHING that ANY cheap pedometer doesn't do. No timer...no altimeter...no sleep tracking....and it just looks UGLY. Just Trash that **ahem** instead of the ONE. Unless you are giving the ONE a nice update with additional features that include NOT having to wear on your wrist. 

The Closer You Get to The Meaning
The Sooner You Know that You're Dreaming
Best Answer

@TeRRyZx wrote:

The ZIP is crap. It does NOTHING that ANY cheap pedometer doesn't do. No timer...no altimeter...no sleep tracking....and it just looks UGLY. Just Trash that **ahem** instead of the ONE. Unless you are giving the ONE a nice update with additional features that include NOT having to wear on your wrist. 

I agree. When I look at the Zip, it looks like the cheap pedometers you buy from Walgreens or CVS for $19.99. 

I considered the Fitbit Flex 2, but it has a couple of problems that won't work for me:

• Fitbit Flex 2 is designed for women, or small men. Their "large" wrist band only works for wrists up to 8.1" in circumference. I'm 6'6" and my wrists are 8.5" in circumference, and that's because of bone and muscle, not fat. I have no problems wearing wristwatches, because my wrists are NOT that large for a man. However, the Fitbit Flex 2 "large" band is too small for my wrist. If you look at the marketing for the Flex 2, it's pretty obvious that they're marketing it to women. The accessories are feminine jewelry. 

Regardless, I don't want to wear a wrist-based tracker anyway, so I considered just getting an after-market clip that would let me carry the Flex 2 like I've carried my Fitbit One, but....

• There's no tracking of floors climbed! I live in a two-story house, and climbing stairs is a major part of my routine. This alone is a big problem. The Zip and the Alta don't support tracking stairs either. I'd have to go all the way up to one of the full-featured smart-watches like the Fitbit Charge 2, and that's not going to happen. I just want it to track steps and stairs, nothing else. 

Sigh.

Best Answer

@m0j0 wrote:

@TeRRyZx wrote:

I agree. When I look at the Zip, it looks like the cheap pedometers you buy from Walgreens or CVS for $19.99. 

I considered the Fitbit Flex 2, but it has a couple of problems that won't work for me:

• Fitbit Flex 2 is designed for women, or small men. Their "large" wrist band only works for wrists up to 8.1" in circumference. I'm 6'6" and my wrists are 8.5" in circumference, and that's because of bone and muscle, not fat. I have no problems wearing wristwatches, because my wrists are NOT that large for a man. However, the Fitbit Flex 2 "large" band is too small for my wrist. If you look at the marketing for the Flex 2, it's pretty obvious that they're marketing it to women. The accessories are feminine jewelry. 

Regardless, I don't want to wear a wrist-based tracker anyway, so I considered just getting an after-market clip that would let me carry the Flex 2 like I've carried my Fitbit One, but....

• There's no tracking of floors climbed! I live in a two-story house, and climbing stairs is a major part of my routine. This alone is a big problem. The Zip and the Alta don't support tracking stairs either. I'd have to go all the way up to one of the full-featured smart-watches like the Fitbit Charge 2, and that's not going to happen. I just want it to track steps and stairs, nothing else. 

Sigh.

A.  Let's stage a "Crush In" demonstration somewhere and all crush our
Ones to demonstrate our disapproval of how Fitbit treats it's oldest loyal customers (and to give potential new customers a window into the future)..   

B.  Stairs climbed is a vital feature for me too as I hike and like to know how much altitude I've climbed during the hike.  I've researched "clippable" trackers and have found two that track steps, distance and stairs climbed:

Ozeri 4X3 Tri Mode Activity Tracker 

Striive Play

Check 'em out and let me know if you find any others with stairs climbed tracking ability.  

Best Answer

I can't wear a wristband due to sensitive skin. I wore a Timex with nylon strap for 10 months before the strap became a problem. I can't wear it at all now. Buying devices only to find out well past the return date that the strap is a problem is not affordable. So no Fitbit wrist-worn tracker is an option.

The One's feature set is perfect. If Fitbit needs to kill off any pocketable tracker, then kill the Zip and keep the One. The only advantage the Zip has is the replaceable battery.

Best Answer
I don't want a wrist tracker, I'm tired of the Charge HR, which has broken after less than 2 years, looks awful & I miss my watches, the zip is junk so you no longer have an option that many of us want, time to move on from Fitbit.

Sent from Bobbe's iPad
Best Answer

PLEASE KEEP THE ONE!!!!

I've been using the One for six years. I've lost 20 lbs. and all my labs have improved!

I can clip the One on my bra and forget about it. I also like that it counts stairs.

I finally got my husband to use one too.

Imdon't know what I'll do without a One.

Best Answer

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not discontinue the One!!! I cannot wear a wristband, and I had 3 zips that all failed on me. I LOVE my One. I want to be able to buy another one even ten years from now. What on earth are you folks thinking to discontinue it?

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

If you know other loyal Fitbit One users, get them on here to voice their displeasure. We need Fitbit to know how many Fitbit One customers they have out there who want a clippable with ALL the features of the One!

Best Answer

I don't see how you can mark this issue as solved. You have not solved the problem of the battery nor the discontinuing of the One. Why discontinue the One and keep the zip? The zip is not going to cut it for the One users. Re the update issue, as a programmer one fix would be to go back to the previous release for One users only. Have 2 apps available. 

You really are not listening to your customer base. I expected better I'd your company. 

Best Answer

@Millerliter wrote:
A.  Let's stage a "Crush In" demonstration somewhere and all crush our
Ones to demonstrate our disapproval of how Fitbit treats it's oldest loyal customers (and to give potential new customers a window into the future)..   

B.  Stairs climbed is a vital feature for me too as I hike and like to know how much altitude I've climbed during the hike.  I've researched "clippable" trackers and have found two that track steps, distance and stairs climbed:

Ozeri 4X3 Tri Mode Activity Tracker  
Striive Play 
Check 'em out and let me know if you find any others with stairs climbed tracking ability.  

Unless I can find something better, I will just rely solely on my Apple Watch and iPhone. In theory I already have an alternative solution, but I've held on to the Fitbit One because of the form factor. I can literally wear it constantly. I only take it off to shower. I don't carry my phone 24/7, or wear a watch 24/7, but I can have something in my pocket or clipped to my clothing. 

Best Answer

Why not discontinue the Zip and keep the One that more people prefer obviously. The One dies more than the ZIp and is rechargeable among other things.

Best Answer
My feelings exactly. I'll probably give up on
Fitbit if the One is discontinued.
Best Answer