Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

Its not their plan to discontinue the One, they just aren't manufacturing them anymore.  ;  }

Best Answer

If Fitbit stops making the One, it is the same is discontinuing them. For a time they will continue supporting the software for them but eventually that will stop too. 

Best Answer

I posted on "Feature Suggestions" and compared the One, Zip and Wrist models and explained why I like the design of the One vs the others and asked if they would please keep the One.  Instantly I received a message from a Fitbit Moderator saying they deleted my post because it violated the "Crosspost".  So, I guess since I've asked a question here and commented, I'm not allowed to post on any other forums regarding the One? 

Best Answer

This is sad.  My fitbit One battery will no longer hold a charge more that a day.  I want to replace it, but I don't like to wear things on my write and won't buy a wrist tracker.  The Zip is an older product with poor battery performance.  Hope something good it coming, but I can't wait. 

Best Answer

I am currently wearing a Misfit Shine I got some time ago while I hope the One that's backordered actually makes it to me. I got the Shine to try as I liked the form, it can go in a pocket, and can wear as a necklace if I'm dressed up and don't have pockets. It doesn't do floors (though you can swim in it). Steps are ok, but the sleep tracking is WAY off, I have to correct it by 30 min + both evening and morning. The app is not great and they seem to have no interest in updating or improving it. You can't add custom exercises, etc. it's a poor substitute. 

Best Answer
Updated from my support ticket re: battery issues:

"This issue arise from the latest Fitbit app update and indeed a mistake.
Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as
quickly as possible."

This is excellent news. I'm just bummed I paid $180 for another One from
eBay. I guess I'll hold onto it for now.
Best Answer

When I was contemplating getting a burgundy vs black device, I was told the black shows the characters much better than the pink tones.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I work in a cubicle in front of two computer screens and am fairly amidexterous being a natural leftie. I don't like banging wrist items on the desk so no watches or bracelets for me during work hours.  Tried the original flex but was getting too many steps from the constant keyboarding.  I need to track the leg movement and not the fingers. 

Best Answer

I find this upsetting. I DO NOT want a tracker that I have to wear on my wrist. I love the One and wear it daily. I like all the options it offers and that is why I didn't buy the crappy Zip. Why not discontinue that one??? What other products off the same things the one does AND you can wear on your waist or in a pocket and NOT ON YOUR WRIST????

Best Answer

lets put it this way, when they discontinue the One, I suspect they will lose quite a few of those customers

reason?

we bought the one because we do not like wearing things on the wrist, not to mention replacing the battery constantly on the Zip, which was the main reason I upgraded from the Zip to the One

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:
Hi Everyone, I wanted to respond to some of your concerns. 

If you are experiencing battery or syncing issues, there are currently two issues that may potentially affect your tracker: One Not holding a Charge since iOS 2.39 update and One not Syncing after Samsung Update. Our engineers are actively working on these issues and you can follow the process in the highlighted threads. 

The One is still for sale in US and Canada on Fitbit.com, though on backorder. It has yet to be officially discontinued. It is currently not available in certain regions (including Australia) and will eventually be unavailable later this year. We posted this to give you the heads up and are communicating this to our support staff. 

I do hear that many of you do not consider the Zip an unsuitable alternative. Some have suggested making a clip for the wrist based trackers, which I think is a good idea. There is currently a feature suggestion and I encourage you to vote, the more analytics, the better. It's an older post, but I've brought this to the attention of the team. Let me know if you feel there is a better suggestion. 

@peppsm mentioned she doesn't want to invest in another tracker. You can continue to track your steps with a mobile device on the fitbit app, even without a tracker with MobileTrack. Check out the link for more information. 

I understand the thought of not having your favorite exercise device can be distressing, but please know we will continue to support One users through customer support and honor all warranty policies if something goes wrong. 

Hope this helps, let me know if there are other questions.  

Thanks for the update @KateFitbit.  I have voted for the "clip for wrist-based feature suggestion link that you posted."  Maybe a clip will turn up as an accessory for the rumored Charge 3.  Who knows? (Would need an on-device way to turn off the HR monitor, though).  

Although I have several fitbits, like everyone on this thread, I am a big fan of the One and still use it in a lot of circumstances. I sincerely hope that a clip-on capable tracker that includes floor metrics continues to be part of the fitbit line.  Though, to be honest, despite the activity on this thread, I'm not sure the market for clip-based is really that big.  As others here have pointed out, the clip-based alternatives are pretty thin, and everything that has been mentioned has been out for a year or years since a refresh.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I just hope they realise that The One has a huge following, if they really were to discontinue it, I hope they replace it with something similar with a rechargeable battery

otherwise they would be opening the market to other companies

Best Answer

I hope all you fellow Fitbit One fans keep the pressure on. I can't find anything I like as well out there. The  One is close to awesome!  Water resistance would make it unbeatable in the tracker market place and Fitbit would make a fortune on it!!!

Best Answer
The ZIP is near useless. It won’t track climbing and it won’t track sleep. Aside from only that, it just looks ugly and does nothing that my iPhone pedometer can’t do.

After having been a FitBit user almost since you began, I would surely hate to be forced by your lack of servicing your user base, to have to switch to a different tracker.

Since I’m having a LONG wait to get my replacement since my ONE stopped using bluetooth and also now won’t track sleep or steps…I’m currently using that MobleTracker as you suggested. Need I point out that it is not at all accurate and also will not track sleep or climbing, and beside that…you have to carry the phone at ALL times which is something that is really annoying to do and should NOT be necessary.

I would not mind if the ONE is redesigned to a nicer unit and even get additional features, BUT it would have to be able to be used the same way that we currently wear The ONE as I am not able to wear a band or a watch type unit. Not only is it annoying to have it on, it also will discolor as my past watches have done. So I no longer wear anything on my wrists and am NOT about to start again now.

With your superb track record of NOT listening to your customers, I’m feeling that this is not going to be any different. For years people have asked for Apple integration and also another big issue of being able to remove no longer used food listings (among others), and we are being completely IGNORED. This is just RUDE to not even address out concerns at all.

Suggesting that The ONE is now a limited availability product is at least to me hearing that you are saying to just get prepared as it about to be trashed. You need to trash that ZIP as it has no value to me or to anyone I have ever hear about.

I feel that we all need to get a solid response about this ONE situation ASAP

Terry Herzog
The Closer You Get to The Meaning
The Sooner You Know that You're Dreaming
Best Answer

agreed

The One was a upgrade to The Zip, so if anything, The Zip should be the one being discontinued, heck, who wants to change batteries anymore and not everyone can or wants to wear a wrist one

I have noticed that they are releasing another wrist based Fitbit..... Fitbit Ionic

come on Fitbit, don't you have enough wrist based models already?

I swear someone needs to give them a good whack around the head with a baseball bat

at this current in time, my thoughts are when they discontinue The One is to either just use the iPhone, the pedometer is fairly accurate considering it is a phone or hope that someone makes a third party clip holder for the Charge 2 

Best Answer

BRAVO for you Terry. With your last two posts, you have so clearly put into words what all of us are feeling.  I'm desperate to know that we who love the Fitbit One are being listened to. 

Are any of you Fitbit Execs out there listening to us at all? 

THIS  PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED!

The Zip is useless - get rid of it!

We don't want a wrist tracker and will go elsewhere to get one that isn't a wrist model!

The Fitbit One is a near perfect tracker as is - KEEP IT!

Best Answer

Kate:  I bought a Charge2 the other day and I have to say I HATE it.  My One is malfunctioning and I need a replacement. I would keep my One in my pocket (after the belt clip broke and so did the replacements)..  Even though the One screen stopped displaying over a year ago it kept working till recently.  i HAVE multiple nice watches and I can't wear this thing and my watch!  This is a real shame that the One is being retired.  We need something discreet like it.  I have no desire to wear this Charge on my arm 24/7!  HELP!  Any advice???

Best Answer

@mdibuono, @Redliana, @Kilmeny, @mopowers18, @StaceyB93, @SunsetRunner, @arnettamae, @TeRRyZx Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with our team. We are listening and I'm sorry you are not happy with the status update. 

@jekelman, @MK8, @cmberea As mentioned, we are actively investigating and working on a fix for One Not holding a Charge since iOS 2.39 update. Thanks again for your patience.

@Ang416 I don't have an update on replacements for the One this year at this time, unfortunately.  

@ZAPMax, @SunsetRunner as mentioned, One is still for sale on Fitbit.com in the US and Canada but will be removed in the next few months. There are no plans to discontinue supporting One.

@ZAPMax I see your post in the feature suggestion, it has not been removed. However, we ask that contributors avoid cross posting the same or very similar content in the same thread or consecutively.

@anghara We appreciate your patience with the One backorder and look forward to getting it to you. 

@LLK612 If you are still using your Flex, you may want to try wearing it on your non-dominate hand to avoid excess steps. 

@depechian I'm sorry to hear you don't like Charge 2. What are you experiencing with your One? Please note the One is still for sale on Fitbit.com in the US. 

@Baltoscott Thanks for your input and insight. I'm a fan of the One as well and was surprised by this. I'm advocating for a Fitbit clip designed to work with wrist based trackers, we shall see. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Kate: As I mentioned in my previous comment.  The screen hasn't worked in over a year,  almost two years now.  Recently it's no longer holding charge.... and now it doesn't want to sync sometimes.  The Charge 2 is promptly being returned after the holiday.  I'm very frustrated....  I thought a new Fitbit would work like One that I've been using for years.  I didn't think a newer model would be so inferior!

Best Answer

Count me as another long-term Fitbit One (and before that, Fitbit Ultra) user who will not switch to a wrist-based solution.  

Best Answer