Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

So I see the announcements today - FitBit is clearly investing in new products and obviously discontinuing the One is an attempt to force users to purchase a replacement NEW product.  Listen FitBit - I CAN'T WEAR CRAP ON MY ARM.  Okay???  I don't want a wrist tracker!  I don't want a necklace.  I want the same dang ONE that I have been using for 4 years.  WITH an altimeter.  

Make it in a new color, whatever.  JUST GIVE US THE ONE BACK.  

Jeez.  

Best Answer
Same here! Two Ones that won't hold a charge!!

><((((º> `·.**.·**`·.**><((((º> **`·.*. .·**><((((º> PAM
Best Answer
By turning off cellular data under settings on iphone- my One is still full
power after 7 days.
Best Answer

Will we still be able to track our stats on the FitBit app?  I really like my ONE and don't want to  invest in another tracker.  

Best Answer

I can't wear anything on my wrist as it not only irritates my wrist, but also changes the color or any metal. I surely hope this ONE is NOT being discontinued.

The Closer You Get to The Meaning
The Sooner You Know that You're Dreaming
Best Answer

It's disappointing to hear that Fitbit is moving away from the sleek, discreet, and rechargeable Fitbit One.  The clunky, needs-a-new-battery Zip is not an acceptable substitute for those of us who do not want wrist-wear.  I hope these new offerings you mention include something comparable to the One and not just more wrist options.

Best Answer

It has become apparent Fitbit no longer cares about the discarded One users.  Our device no longer generates profit for the company therefore we are no longer worth their time.    After 6 years, I am done with Fitbit and moving on to another clip-on type tracker, either:  Ozeri 4x3 Tri Mode Activity Tracker (tracks steps, distance and stairs climbed), one of the Striive models (tracks steps, distance and stairs climbed) or the Garmin Vivofit 2 (tracks steps and distance but not stairs climbed). 

Best Answer

I like the silent alarm. Have you found any that includes that as a feature?

Best Answer

So I belong to a fitness forum and someone there emailed Fitbit CS and this is the email they received.

Thank you so much for contacting us. We'll be glad to answer any question you may have about our products. We're very happy to know that you love your Fitbit One, and that it has help you on your journey through a healthy lifestyle. That's amazing!

In regards your question, at the moment, is not in our plans to discontinue the Fitbit One. If on the future this change, rest assured we'll do everything in our hands to keep you satisfied.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Remember that we're always here to provide you with the best service, so please let us know in case of any additional inquiry you may have and we'd be more than happy to further assist you.

Thank you for being such a loyal customer!

Sincerely,

Sonia M.N. and the Fitbit Team

Fitbit can't even get on the same page to provide accurate information to its customers.

Best Answer

@onlylisa wrote:

I like the silent alarm. Have you found any that includes that as a feature?

Sorry, I don't use that feature so I wasn't looking for it.  I don't remember seeing it on the Trackers I mentioned though.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that's because it is still available but not in Australia. Try and purchase a One in Australia online and you can't. It won't let you.  You can buy one from the US though

Best Answer
Hi Everyone, I wanted to respond to some of your concerns. 

If you are experiencing battery or syncing issues, there are currently two issues that may potentially affect your tracker: One Not holding a Charge since iOS 2.39 update and One not Syncing after Samsung Update. Our engineers are actively working on these issues and you can follow the process in the highlighted threads. 

The One is still for sale in US and Canada on Fitbit.com, though on backorder. It has yet to be officially discontinued. It is currently not available in certain regions (including Australia) and will eventually be unavailable later this year. We posted this to give you the heads up and are communicating this to our support staff. 

I do hear that many of you do not consider the Zip an unsuitable alternative. Some have suggested making a clip for the wrist based trackers, which I think is a good idea. There is currently a feature suggestion and I encourage you to vote, the more analytics, the better. It's an older post, but I've brought this to the attention of the team. Let me know if you feel there is a better suggestion. 

@peppsm mentioned she doesn't want to invest in another tracker. You can continue to track your steps with a mobile device on the fitbit app, even without a tracker with MobileTrack. Check out the link for more information. 

I understand the thought of not having your favorite exercise device can be distressing, but please know we will continue to support One users through customer support and honor all warranty policies if something goes wrong. 

Hope this helps, let me know if there are other questions.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Perhaps you should have had a focus group as most One users are the customers that helped build your company. From the many posts, it is clear that most of us will leave Fitbit as we have no intention of wearing a wrist device (I have two and both are inaccurate, off by at least 20% vs the One,) You are losing your base while trying to compete with Apple. Just not going to work for most of us. Perhaps you need women on your design team? Most women don't want to wear a clunky rubber bracelet all day long.

Best Answer

I completely agree!  I was on a waiting list in 2010 for one of the original Fitbit Ultra's, and I have never gone without my Fitbit for the last 7 years.  I am surprised that Fitbit would remove an item that has such a loyal customer base, but I suppose the Corporate Strategy Department has conducted a cost-benefit analysis and determined that we, the truly loyal Fitbit users, are simply not providing enough profit and are worth jettisoning.

Fitbit beware - although your revenue increased from $5M to $1.8B from 2010-2015, and you held a 32.5% market share in Q1 2015, your market share has rapidly decreased since due to competition.  I think you can ill afford to lose your base; instead of valuing your long-term customers, you attempt to cater to the capricious whims of the part time enthusiast who will quickly lose interest in your product when their attention is directed to your competitors.

Best Answer

Fitbit is risking  losing not only a reliable market base but also it's reputation for accuracy, customer service and good will. Fitbit faces a customer backlash as the company will be losing many long term customers who are not interested in a wrist based tracker. In providing only the zip as a clip on tracker it is discriminating against those who are unable to use a wrist based tracker because of their occupation. 

The solution of developing a clip for the wrist based trackers sounds good in theory but I wonder if it would compromise the accuracy of the steps. I suspect the wrist based trackers are calibrated differently to take into account the difference in movement when used on a wrist as opposed to the hip. 

Best Answer

The wrist worn trackers are calibrated differently than the torso clip models.

Best Answer

I also have gone from a 10 - 14 day battery charge cycle to 2 days, just recently. I then removed the Fitbit tracking apps from all my devices, and I appear to be back to the 10-14 day cycle. So...does this give everyone comfort that we can all rest assured that Fitbit will support the One even after it is discontinued? I think they're just trying to sell the few that are work in process or in their inventory, and then adios to the One and all the poor slobs that have them, even those who just shelled out for a new one. I am like most in this posting group who simply don't want the inaccuracy and fashion of a wrist tracker. I've decided to move on elsewhere (Misfit Shine 2) for a pocket tracker just so that I can have a pocket tracker and a decent app that won't wear down my battery in two days. I don't trust Fitbit, and unless I see something like a firm commitment to keep the One, or something like it (not the cheaply made Zip), I just won't be able to stay with them.

Best Answer

I implore anyone with One battery issues to log a ticket. There is clearly a software issue with the latest update. For it to be addressed and fixed, a sufficient number of users need to report the problem.

Best Answer

So will there be a replacement for the Fitbit One in the coming year?

Best Answer

I would love to see an upgrade to the One tracker and am disappointed that I am not able to purchase another one since I just lost mine. I prefer a pocket tracker since I already wear an Apple watch and have no intention of wearing a bulky wrist tracker as well. I would maybe consider a thin wrist tracker like the Flex 2 but only the bulky wrist trackers will track floors climbed which is an important feature to me. 

PLEASE bring back the One to stores!!!!

Best Answer