Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

Why not discontinue the ZIP that has fewer features and no charging capability ... or redesign the flex 2 to include a display ... neither Fitbit alternative to the ONE is good 😡

Best Answer

In my opinion Fitbit has it all wrong.

So many people buy a wrist Fitbit and tire of it quickly because wearing it all the time is inconvenient and unflattering on occasions.

The One can be worn any time, any  occasion and therefore we stick to it.

The Zip is an inferior product on every level.

Youve lost me as a devotee since 2014.

Best Answer

Without rehashing all that's been said, it's clear that Fitbit believes its success and survivability lies with smart watches (e.g., the Ionic) and wearables, and after crunching the numbers has decided the only "non-wearable" that makes sense to keep for now is the Zip. If they thought there were more of us (who prefer the One) than they believe there are, they'd keep it. Because the Zip is so cheaply made, and not worth owning, I'm sure it will eventually be discarded as well. So unless Fitbit wises up and realizes how much this deceptive product discontinuance has alienated so many in its base, we're all better off just divorcing ourselves from this company and locating another tracker that has at least some of the appealing attributes of the One. This type of thinking and behavior is unfortunately characteristic of many formerly successful companies that end up becoming extinct.

Best Answer

This was my response from them, while we continue to support our Fitbit One customers, we’ve decided to discontinue selling the product. Rest assured, if you have any issues, we'll take care of it .

I asked if they are going to be operational or if they totally going to kill it and they said it still will work & support it

Best Answer

My One is nearing 5 years old.

Since 2 weeks ago it suddenly stopped holding charge beyond 2 days - anyone else having issues since the last update?

I ended up paying $180 (!!) for a new One from a seller on eBay since all official resellers have fully withdrawn stock.

Either FitBit are bringing out a replacement (the 'TWO'?), &/or they are have programmed obsolescence into the units.

Best Answer

It seems in the last couple of weeks a lot of people are having issues with the Fitbit One.I love mine and never had issues before but it's been playing up the last couple of weeks,not syncing properly and just not running as it was.I have shopped around and couldn't find one anywhere.I have just purchased the only one I could find on eBay.The only brand new one I could find was 168 dollars, which was quite expensive but as I can't wear wristband trackers, I was desperate.I hope Fitbit continues to support the One  on the app after I have paid that much for a new one.

Best Answer

Omg exactly the same as me. Won't hold charge for more than 2 days. AND I have 2 of them at my house and it's both of them.

Cant be a coincidence!  😡

Best Answer

This is complete BS.

If my new one has the same issue, it's proven. WTF

Best Answer

I am truly hoping they are  not totally abandoning their anchor product  which is what made fitbit what it is today. SO hopefully the one may be gone but they have an upgraded model coming out.  But if they do abandon we have to remember they are a business and have to make what sells. Any for profit business has to move past those products that are  o longer profitable.   You are either an asset or a liability. Once you become a liability then it is costing the company money to keep you. 

Craig Raper

Please remember to mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find posts and remarks helpful vote for them.

Best Answer

Yes, let us know please

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a One for almost 5 years. Same thing happened. I guess it died a natural death. It makes me sick they discontinued this great clip one!!
Best Answer

Please Please!!!!! tell the people we want the fitbit one to stay  don't discontinue it  it is the best one you have made for us that don't like to wear something on your wrist . just don't understand their decision on this  besides making more money  some of us are not able to pay hundreds of dollars for something to keep  a good healthy life style . and this is  what the tracker are  a good heath  link to see how your doing .

Best Answer

Note a complete lack of response from Fitbit.  Further research into non-Fitbit alternatives reveals:   Striive offers a couple pedometer-type trackers that include stairs climbed if that is important (it is to me as I hike and like to know how many feet I've climbed in a day).   The Garmin vivofit 2 as suggested by several others here also has potential but does not track stair climbing. Has anyone else found other potential alternatives?  I personally will never purchase from Fitbit again after being treated so poorly.

Best Answer

I am also disappointed that you are discontinuing the FitBit One. As for continuing to support it after it is not available, you AREN'T even supporting it NOW! Look at all the messages about the fiasco of not holding a charge after your update on Aug10. I can't believe you haven't been able to fix this known issue yet or giving folks a timeline.  To make matters worse, you actually have your customer service representatives trying to sell another device to the people who call, as if it were just their FitBits that is no longer working. I'm very disappointed in your company.

Best Answer

Like so many others, I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated to find the Fitbit one is no longer being supported. Since the update, my one has stopped syncing wirelessly to my iPhone.  Before discovering this board, I considered purchasing a new Fitbit, compared models and found, even with less features than other models, the One would still be my choice for replacement.  Then, I couldn't find a single dealer with a unit available. I was prepared to order one directly from Fitbit, even with the back order, though now I see that's a waste of time. I've worn this unit faithfully for almost four years and I'm disgusted to find Fitbit has purposefully sabotaged the customer by making the unit obsolete and then has the gall to attempt to talk users into buying a new unit that does not meet their needs.

Best Answer

I was looking on the website and talking to the online. The are insisting that the fitbit one was not discontinued. On the website it states it is on back order... does that mean if I order on line I can get one... or are they done manufacturing them? I have a fat wrist (as well as i like to wear my own bracelets and necklaces) so i don't want watches, bracelets or necklaces. I also don't want a "larger" clip. 

Best Answer

For those with Battery-drain issues, please log a Support ticket and report the issue since the latest update.

Thank you.

Best Answer

In America its in back order. In Australia you can't order it

Best Answer

That's hugely disappointing.  My one (the second one I've had) has started misbehaving (screen no longer works) and it's a real shame that I can't get a replacement for it.

I much prefer the design of the One to the ZIP but also the feature set is hardly comparable -  the lack of stair counting on the ZIP pretty much counts it out for me - also can't do sleep tracking of course.

Oh well - time to save up for an Apple Watch 3 I guess.

Best Answer

I just can't imagine why Fitbit chose the "One" to remove. I don't want a wrist tracker and the Zip is hardly comparable. I have been a Fitbit fan for a long time and have sold many of my friends on it because they, too, saw the advantages to the Fitbit One model. We are all in shock that it will no longer be available. We will be shopping other companies when our Fitbit Ones have worn out unless Fitbit comes out with a Fitbit Two equal to or better than the Fitbit One.

One improvement I would like to see in the next Fitbit One type model is more water resistance. I teach water aerobics so I bought a Flex Two to wear during my class but it doesn't have any other features that interest me. I want a "face" I can read, a floor counter, sleep tracker, and all the other features my Fitbit One has. I also want to be able to wear it around my neck on a clear laniard. I love the fact that it doesn't interfere with my other jewelry, especially my eco-watch and my bracelet collection, and I can pull it out to look at it whenever I so desire.

Best Answer