Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

I have had this same issue, been through 3 replacement Fitbits in the last 2 months all have had the same issue.  Finally demanded a refund.

Best Answer

ONE FANS:    I don't know your histories with Fitbit but I have been addicted to my Fitbit since 2011.  I started with the Ultra and then went to the One when it came out.  I am on my second One and would be buying another if they weren't being discontinued.   In 2011 the Ultra was the only product Fitbit offered, the wearables came out later.  Does it strike anyone else as ironic that the customer base who helped build this company from it's earliest days is the customer base being discarded with the discontinuation of the One?  Shame on you Fitbit.  

Best Answer

I had my first Fitbit about 6-7 years ago when the model was essentially a one that was enclosed in a case on a clip. You didn't have to remove it to charge it. I never feared losing it for most of the year I wore it, but I just lost interest because it wasn't as fun and didn't have a community like today. If they're going to retool the One I hope it will be similar to the first model.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I ordered replacement One from Fitbit.  Finally got it after 6 weeks. It syncs fine.  They never admitted to me that it is being discontinued.  Weird.

Best Answer

But the zip lacks sleep tracking and does not count flights of stairs. 

Best Answer

Booooo! Hate all the other trackers. Zip doesn't have an alarm

Best Answer

The Zip does not track stairs like the one does.  The One is a much better design than the zip.  Please reconsider eliminating the One.

Best Answer

I just replaced my Fitbit One a month ago as previous one broke.  Now I find out it is being discontinued.  Will I still be able to use my Fitbit, results be recorded?  Very disappointed with this news. Do not plan on purchasing another style and will leave Fitbit.

Best Answer

Did you ever get your Fitbit One after it was back ordered July 6, 2017?

thx

@lindastoy wrote:

You can get a black fitbit one on Amazon.  I just washed my first one after using it for over 4 years.  I got my money's worth.  Fitbit tried to help me restart it but it was a no go.  They did give me a discount on a new tracker so I immediately ordered another Fitbit One.  The only hitch is that the One is backordered for three to four weeks.  I could only order black.  My first one was burgundy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm hoping Fitbit will listen and keep the One however I suspect the almighty dollar will win out over loyal customers.   I have done some research and the Ozeri 4x3 Tri Mode Activity Tracker is the closest Tracker to the One I can find.   It tracks steps, miles and stairs climbed, can be clipped to waistband, etc or carried in a pocket.  The only drawback is user must replace the batteries.  $24.95 on Amazon.    I'm very hesitant to scramble and buy another One as I suspect Fitbit will allow the platform to deteriorate rendering the One useless.  Unless the Company reverses it's decision I'll be jumping ship after 6 years of Fitbit loyalty.   Anyone else find a comparable Tracker?   

Best Answer

@KateFitbit I just got off the phone with customer service, I was able to cancel my order for a new Fitbit One.  She assured me quite a few times that the One is not being discontinued, you just can't purchase anywhere except at the Fitbit website.  I also received an email regarding my complaint to Fitbit about from Fitbit Support, and they also said the One is not being discontinued.  It's very frustrating getting mixed information.  Both Customer Service and Fitbit Support suggested that I should buy another Fitbit, but why would I do that now, knowing that a new one will have the same issue as the one I have now?  Very dissappointed.  

Best Answer

I hear you Whimzi.  I see they have just unveiled their answer to the Smart Watch...the Ionic for  $299.00.  I think that is what this is really all about.  I wonder how many Ionic purchasers will be left in the dust at some point when the Ionic ceases to be profitable?  It is absolutely unforgivable for the company to still be telling customers the One isn't being discontinued and to continue pushing the product.  Buyer Beware!

Best Answer
I accidentally washed my Fitbit One and am needing a new one.  I wear different watches and bracelets every day so I refuse to purchase a Fitbit that has to be worn on my wrist or around my neck.  The Fitbit Zip does not do everything the One did.  I will be saying goodbye to the Fitbit products.
Best Answer
Yes,  I received the Fitbit One last week.  It took about 6 weeks.
Best Answer

I'm so bummed. The technology changed on the first one (purchased in 2012) so it no longer worked. I accidentally flushed my second one (Fitbit One) and am now on my third one. I'm convinced that the Fitbit One is the most accurate step tracker out there based on numerous tests I've done. The wrist ones do not count steps accurately as far as I'm concerned. For example, one day I had 19,000 steps on my wrist tracker (non-Fitbit) and only 3,000 steps on my Fitbit One. I had been doing a craft so my wrist tracker counted steps when I was instead sitting and moving my wrist. Most of the members of my family have a Fitbit wrist tracker so we can encourage each other. I'm not willing to give up my non-Fitbit wrist tracker if my Fitbit One stops working so I would need to decide what I want to do with regard to Fitbit products.

Best Answer

It certainly looks like us loyal Fitbit One users are going to be left in the dust. It is clear they think smart watches are their future which is too bad. I understand there is a large portion of the population who can or wants to wear a fitness watch but like many of us have said loud and clear on this thread there are still a dedicated group of us who will not go in this direction for a multitude of reasons.

Why on earth Fitbit would get rid of the One and keep the Zip is beyond me. And it doesn't seem like they will adopt a simple solution by offering one of their wearables with the option of wearing it on your wrist or slipping it into a clip-on. That is too bad and I guess Fitbit doesn't think our business is important. I have a friend with 2 million followers on Twitter and Instagram who is a loyal Fitbit One user. I am going to encourage him to let his followers know how he feels about Fitbit now after discontinuing the One.

Best Answer
Wow!!! Thanks for letting all of us know!!!

Val
Best Answer

Thank you Gary.  I am not a big user of social media and have been trying to think of a way to let potential customers know how poorly Fitbit is treating their loyal initial customer base who started with Fitbit when the only device they offered was the Ultra.  We built the customer base, telling our friends and family about this incredible device.   Now that the One is no longer hugely profitable, Fitbit is off and running with the latest money making prospect(s).    The world needs to know about Fitbit's "too bad for you" attitude toward their customers when any one device stops laying golden eggs.  

Best Answer

Zip is not equivalent and obviously people have made it clear they do not want a wearable. I have many excellent watches and other bracelets I prefer to wear than "looking" cool in a "smart" watch. NOT into the look thank you very much.  Disappointed that I spent full price for something you all pretended, until recently, was not being discontinued...not terribly ethical in my humble opinion! I put off the idea of a fit bit for years because I did not want a wearable wrist unit. Live and learn!

@KateFitbit wrote:

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this thread. I have an update to share. 

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming later this year. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months. 

If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

@KateFitbit wrote:

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this thread. I have an update to share. 

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming later this year. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months. 

If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Best Answer

KateFitbit....Tell your powers that be to discontinue the Zip and popular opinion obviously favors the One. Fitbit will lose alot of longtime customers when they discontinue the One. No one can understand why you'd keep the Zip which is older than the One and doesn't track sleep or flights of stairs. Personally, I'd just stop using a tracker totally or find a different manufacturer.  Thanks for nothing Fitbit.

Best Answer