Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

Fitbit are you listening?  Some of your most loyal customers are considering jumping ship since you have decided to discontinue the One.   We don't want wearables and the Zip is unacceptable.  Dump the Zip and keep the One if you want to keep this nice niche market you have created.

Best Answer

Thanks again everyone for your feedback, I can assure you all of this is being reported to our team weekly. 

@scoobs74 - The One is still for sale in US and Canada on Fitbit.com, though on backorder and will eventually be discontinued later this year. Sorry you received wrong information, we'll make sure all of our customer support agents are correctly informed. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

This reminds me of Microsoft Trackball Explorer, which people were clamoring after still ten years after MS discontinued it. Originally something like $60, the remaining mint units fetched several hundred dollars on eBay years later. Of course, hardware wasn't really Microsoft's business while trackers are Fitbit's business, so this seems a really weird decision to me. If Fitbit discontinued all clip-on trackers, it would be incrementally less weird, but not keeping an existing, in-production product whose development doesn't cost anything more, while keeping an inferior product is weird. Maybe Zip costs $3 to make in China while the higher-end One is much more expensive to manufacture, and thus has a slimmer margin? Then increase its price; people will still buy them!

Best Answer

Yes.....after researching there are a million wearables out there, all doing the same thing and many less expensive than Fitbit wearables.  There is ONE other tracker comparable to the One (Ozeri 4x3 Tri Mode Activity Tracker) and even that isn't 100% comparable since it has a battery that must be replaced.   Fitbit has a monopoly on the Pedometer Type Tracker with the most sophisticated one available that I can find. How can Fitbit tell the market for the One to either go to a wearable or accept an inferior Tracker?  Poor customer service aside it seems to be an extremely poor business decision to simply blow off what must be a lucrative customer base who are loyal to the One given it is a "stand alone" in the field. 

Best Answer

If the Fitbit one is being removed from Fitbit.com. Will we still be able to use the Fitbit one with the app.I have friends that have been trying to purchase a Fitbit one and I was trying to purchase another also but can't seem to find them anywhere.I absolutely love the Fitbit One as I can't wear the wrist bands.Is Fitbit going to bring out a new pedometer style tracker or are they only going with the wristbands? 

Best Answer

I'm very upset to hear this as I called Fitbit two days ago because my One is not holding a charge and I specifically asked if it was going to be discontinued.  I had been to Best Buy to replace it and found they no longer carry it, and saw that only the black is available online.  The representative assured me that it is NOT being discontinued, and also did not mention to me that the battery dying quickly is a known issue since the last iPhone update.  I wish she had been honest with me instead of just giving me a coupon toward my new One.  Very disappointed with Fitbit right now.

Best Answer

If Fitbit is so insistent on removing the One from their lineup maybe they could make one of the wearables more flexible where it can be interchanged between a watch or clip-on case. This would solve all the problems!

Best Answer

So the "One" is not currently available and they are on back order meaning at some point they will be available again.  Having not read this entire thread I have 2 questions. 1: When will they be available in US because they sure aren't now and when they are discontinued, what is the support plan by Fitbit? I'm a not happy customer right now.  Especially since my Fitbit Charge HR is dying on me.

Best Answer
Fitbit answered these question in the thread- it will be supported but
could be impacted by operating systems and it is discontinued with new
models this fall- but NO confirmation that there will be a comparable to
the One
Best Answer

+1 here for another concerned fitbit one user who is scared I can't find a replacement when my one craps out.  I've had my one since early 2014 and have used it every single day.  lately, the battery has been acting up and started draining super fast vs. the 10+ days it used to last one a full charge.  I went online to see if replacements can be purchased and sure enough, all I see are scalpers selling brand new one and exorbitant prices.  WTF FITBIT???

Best Answer

My One is having synch/charging issues as well.  I called "Help" about a week ago and they were able to "fix" it only to have the issues start up again a week later.   I would be very hesitant to purchase a One at this point, I fear that Fitbit may just let the One platform deteriorate and you will be left with a dysfunctional One no matter it's age.   While researching alternatives to the One (see some of my earlier posts to see what I found) I noticed the ridiculous prices being charged for new Ones.  Fitbit has certainly not done it's loyal customers any favors here.  My preference would be for the Company to continue to offer the One and maintain the platform but failing that, I plan to purchase an alternative from another company rather than risk paying money for a new One only to have it crap out as the platform deteriorates. 

Best Answer

Since this past weekend, my One has been wonky. It stopped working early Sunday morning. I plugged it in and it charged. I have had to charge it twice this week. A charge used to get me through the week. Now I am charging every two days. 

I am very sorry Fitbit has decided to discontinue the One. I don't like wrist trackers and I am not downgrading to a Zip. You've lost a faithful customer who has used Fitbit products since 2012.

Best Answer

Very disappointing. I was trying to purchase a One as a gift and can only find it on back order or at a much higher price. You will have lost a customer if you cannot replace it with another discrete, clip-on device. The Zip is oddly shaped and more difficult to wear and has very limited features. I cannot wear wrist devices, so  I specifically asked when I purchased mine less that a year ago if Fitbit would continue a small clip on device and was assured they would. Now I know differently. 

Best Answer

I love my Fitbit One and hate to see it be discontinued. I've lost 2 due to the terrible clip losing it's grip but keep buying them because it is a wonderful device. I've worn a friend's Alta to compare steps, and my boss's Surge, the One is the most accurate model. I tried the Zip and the battery life was terrible.

I work in an environment where we are asked to not wear smart watches (we can record things or take pictures when dealing with clients), so my One allows me to track my movements. I've even given out 4 as gifts to newbies who hate to remove their Apple watches or other wearables.

Please release a new/updated model of the One. I'm willing to pay for a clip on tracker. 

And watch out for the resellers, I'm seeing One models being sold for $150+. 

Best Answer

Please do not discontinue FItBit one.....!!!! It is perfect. I've been wearing mine for 18 months everyday & I love it!!!! I hook it to my bra and go about my day. I cannot stand the wrist ones, they are uncomfortable, and when I work out it is a major distraction! I tried one for a week, it was not for me. I'm not happy that you plan to take it off of the market!!!

Best Answer

Good idea!!! I think I'll gon& find a backup FitBit One just in case, they do disappear!!!

Best Answer

I just attempted to express my displeasure and let the masses on about the Fitbit One being discontinued on their Facebook page.  I have no idea if others can view or the post just gets buried somewhere.  How else can we let the masses know and encourage feedback about this travesty?

Best Answer

I too will go on Facebook and express my displeasure. I wonder if the people who love their wearables are aware of Fitbit's "too bad for you" attitude toward their One customer base?  Perhaps the wearables customers need to be aware as the devices they wear and love (and in some instances paid a lot of money for) may disappear without a trace at some point as well.

Best Answer

Please, please Fitbit, listen to your customers who DON'T want to wear a wrist tracker for so many reasons and keep the Fitbit One or give us an option other than the bulky, limited Zip.  Is it because of the faultily designed clip?  If so, get your designers to order some from Amazon - they do not break like the ones you issue do.  While you're at it, please, please, please get the engineers working on the IOS software update issue.  I can hardly go a day without my One dying, and yes, I've tried all the "fixes".  If you don't offer a clip other than the Zip, I will purchase from another manufacturer - and it appears most people on this board will as well.  

Best Answer

Please reconsider. I love that I can slip my One in a pocket or clip it on a waistband and discreetly track my activity. There are times when a band doesn't look too attractive or is impractical to wear. I guess I will have to  go to other tracker companies. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer