Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

I am quite  distressed to hear the One is being removed.  I do not want a wrist tracker because I have a very nice watch that I wear all the time and do not want another item on my wrist.  I do not want a Zip because they do not track flights of stairs which is important to me when I am hiking.  I have been a fitbit fan for  6 years and have recommended it to many friends.  Will there be a clip-on tracker similar to the One in the new line up?    Or do I need to begin researching other options to get what I want in a Tracker so I am prepared to make the purchase when my One dies?  

Best Answer

I too agree that the One is a much better clipon than the Zip and wonder why such a more versatile device would be discontinued.  If a new clipon device, that is not as functionable as the One, will not be added, my girlfriend and I will look at other companies for devices for recording activities.  I lost too many Zips because of the short clip and spent too much on replacing batteries every few weeks in them as well.  Make the right decision FB!!!

Best Answer

This makes me sad. I love that I can wear my One clipped on my bra or slacks.  

Best Answer
It's evident Fitbit doesn't care about their customers who do not want a tracker on their wrist if they think discontinuing the One and pushing the Zip is the way to go. So my question for everyone who wants a quality tracker that can clip on what is the best alternative? I will try anything that is decent. Do you hear that Fitbit???
Best Answer

Yes all......please let us know what trackers you have been able to find that can replace the One.  I have started to research but want to hear what others are finding.  I have a feeling Fitbit is going to lose a ton of customers over their very poor business decision to discontinue the One.   Neither a wearable nor the Zip are viable alternatives in my opinion.

Best Answer

I agree that fitbit will lose many customers with this decision. A wrist based tracker is not a viable option for many people and others just prefer something more discreet. The fitbit one is a great little device and tracks the important things really well. After checking out other non-fitbit options I can't find anything available with all the same features. There doesn't seem to be a clip on tracker available anywhere that also tracks flights of stairs and that is a metric I think is important for improving leg strength.

Please reconsider the decision.

Best Answer

I'll have to go buy one now then. I hate having to wear something on my wrist. The Zip looks like the original Fitbit, so am I going backwards then if I get that one?  I'm so tired of any and every thing I use being discontinued. Leave the Fitbit One alone.  Arghhhh.

Best Answer

I really like the floors metric too @Kilmeny.  I am hoping they wind up replacing it with an updated clip on that maintains the existing feature set and adds a few more like water resistance and automated sleep tracking and exercise recognition when worn in an optional wristband. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

There is nothing on Fitbit rumor sites that suggest they have any intention of replacing the One.  It seems they are hell bent on updating their smart watch to more compete with the Apple watch and such.  I can understand their strategy in that regard but as made very apparent here, there's a certain market segment that has and will never have any interest in wearing a wrist device and it's very puzzling they would largely abandon (agree the Zip is very subpar) that market segment.  If Fitbit thinks they need to streamline their product line, one would think it would be in the wearables where their Flex, Alta, Charge HR etc all have quite a bit of feature overlap.  

Best Answer

Absolutely agree!!

Best Answer

The One is my favorite and now mine appears a bit dead. Can't imagine wearing one on my wrist, but also don't want to lose the features of the One and go down to the zip. 

Best Answer

Don't give up on your One. Plug it into a computer and go to the Fitbit website. Sync it from there. Mine stopped doing anything once. Give it a try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why would you discontinue a product that is better and more recent of the two clip-based trackers? Zip is not as sleek, and its display is much less readable than that of One. There seems to be a trend toward wrist-based trackers, but I don't want to wear a wrist band/watch after I got rid of them years ago thanks to the smartphone. 

A good indication that you discontinued a wrong product is that the discontinued product's prices start to skyrocket for the remaining stock (now about twice of the original retail cost). 

Best Answer

Whew.. found one One from the local Academy store after calling around to several stores. I lost mine on recent trip, so I was glad to find a replacement before it goes out of stock everywhere.

And let me restate a message to the FitBit management: wristbands suck! (And "Zip" is cr*p -- bring One back!)

Best Answer

I would LOVE an answer to this as well...

Best Answer

I've had it for over 3 years and it starting to do that thing where it won't hold a charge or it won't count steps. Even after syncing with the fitbit site. 

Best Answer
Mine is doing better since I stopped the all day sync- now holding a
charge. I think the update changed settings
Best Answer

I'll try turning off the All-Day sync.  

My One has some weird sync issues (I have a Motorola Droid Turbo).  It works fine for a while, but then sometimes it just chooses not to sync.  I never get a notice that my One is low on charge and needs to be charged.  I have to try to keep an eye on that myself through the app.  Sometimes, the charge will last for 5 days.  Other times, it dies the first day I've charged it.  Today, I decided to plug it into my computer to see if it would sync for me when I opened the Fitbit website, and instantly the Fitbit showed me the Fitbit 6.60 screen that it does when I hard reset it (sometimes I've had to do this to force it to sync).  I wondered why it did that, since I didn't hold down the button at all.  Then, I checked the battery fill image on the One and it was completely empty, but it's been counting my steps all day and I don't think it was even low.  

Something is clearly wrong here, and I don't think Fitbit has a clue what.  And I get the impression that they don't care, so there will not be a solution for these issues as we go forward.

Anyone have suggestions of other brand clip fitness trackers that work with Strava?

Best Answer

OK all.  I have done some research (look for "pedometers" instead of "activity trackers"):  Ozeri 4x3 Tri Mode Activity Tracker can be carried in pocket or clipped to belt, the only one I found that tracks walk, run and stairs climbed.   $24.95 on Amazon

Ozeri makes several other models as well but the above is the only one tracking stairs climbed. that I could find.

Omron seems worth looking at but no stair climbing tracker.

Almost all the pedometers I looked at have batteries the user must replace 😞 except for Striive Smart which does have a rechargible battery apparently.  There are others to look at but my old eyes are tired. Let us know what y'all think and find. I am hesitant to grab a new One because I too am having constant synching and battery drain problems. The "Help Related Fixes" seem temporary at best and I suspect it will only get worse.

Best Answer

I hope my One lasts a long time. Zip doesn't have enough functionality, and I won't wear anything around my wrist. One was the perfect solution... enough functionality to be useful, but small enough to fit in a pocket. I guess I'll have to find another product once my One dies.

Best Answer