Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

@PatShepherd, hopefully you will be able to reassure your friend.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told not 10 minutes ago in a 'live chat' with a customer service agent that the Fitbit One is not being discontinued but that it has been on back order and there were no plans to discontinue it as it has been a good seller for the company.

Best Answer

I have used the One for I think 5 years (have had 3 different ones).  I do not wear things on my wrist AND the Zip isn't very good.  What am i to do?  The one i have now is not holding a charge, it was one you sent to replace my last one.  Do i need to go to a different mfg?  I like FB, we have a few that are avid users of the challenges.  HELP as it has kept me moving more than ever.  Will your new line include something similar?  Can i take the device out of one of the wrist ones and put in my pocket, though i think without the cover it may slip out.

Best Answer

I have the same problem on the charge - 1 day.  And this last one was not as old, in fact a replacement FB sent me.  I see that FB shows you can order the One online, but i fear it may be refurbished and full price.  i want to pick up several if they are actually discontinuing.

Best Answer

@grammabear, I think the person on live chat was, unfortunately, not entirely up to date. The Fitbit One is currently on back order and still available for purchase.  However, a Fitbit Moderator has confirmed here that the One is being discontinued.  

Although that does mean that stocks will be running down, and eventually not renewed, the One will continue to be supported and will still synch with all phones that it currently synchs with.

"Discontinued" simply means that its operating system will no longer be upgraded and that once stocks run out completely, it will not be available for purchase.  It does NOT mean that you won't be able to get help from Customer Support or from the forums.

I hope this helps!

Best Answer

@DiDiDiReed, Fitbit does not sell refurbished devices, so you can be completely confident that any One you order from Fitbit will be completely new.  You should be aware that all rechargeable batteries deteriorate over time and with use, so even laying up a store of Ones may not be a perfect solution.

Best Answer

So basically the premise in purchasing a Fitbit One is "buyer-beware".  Rechargeable batteries only last so long and I am already on my 3rd replacement Fitbit One.  I thought Fitbit would be a product that was quality and would last for more than 6 months.  I guess I was wrong.

Best Answer

@grammabear, obviously I do not know your personal history, but speaking only for myself, my Fitbit One is two years old with no issues.

The Fitbit One comes with the same guarantee as with all Fitbits.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I unsubscribe to stop getting all these emails
Best Answer
0 Votes

Log into the Fitbit site and go to the Community forums. Click the "bell" icon in the upper right to go to notifications and click one of the links to this thread. When you get here, click the "wheel" in the upper right above the posts and choose "Unsubscribe."

Best Answer

I think you are making a mistake by discontinuing the One. You have many wristband Fitbits but not everyone wants to wear a band. The other clip on one is much more bulky than the One and doesn't provide as much information. Please reconsider..

Best Answer

Hello Kate, I just chatted with Amy from the fitbit site who said the ONE is not going away. (??) even after I told her what I read here.  Is there any way of knowing if one of the newer products coming will indeed be a "clip on"?  I would not purchase a wrist one and the zip has broken on me twice.  i don't understand why all the conflicting information.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here.  10 mins ago.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would also like an accurate answer on this. I know Kate said it was being discontinued. The One I have had for several years started counting way too many flights of stairs so I was looking to replace it. When I found that most places were out of stock, I came here and started this thread. I then finally found a new One on line at Kohl's so I purchased it early July. Now my brand new One from Kohl's is not keeping a charge for more than a couple of days, regardless of how long or how I charge it. Frustrated, is an understatement. Kohl's online no longer lists the Fitbit One, so returning it there for another one is not an option.

So I got a hold of Fitbit customer service and the answer I got from Ceasr GM was "When it comes to your inquiry, we'd like to stress how much we want our Fitbit members to have the most pleasant experience with our products and services. Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are experiencing this inventory shortage since we’re discontinuing it to keep our product line focused and due to this, we are unable to provide you with any color."

After another back and fourth I got a black One replacement that was sent out to me today. I really hope this One works and lasts me. Now I hear that some customer service reps are saying the One is not discontinued?? What is the story?? I really hope that it is either not discontinued or they are planning on replacing it with a new upgraded clip model. I would be good either way. The wrist models do not work for me and the Zip is a not a suitable choice compared to the One. 

Thank you to everyone for your responses and support. I am happy to see that I am not alone in my love for the Fitbit One!!! 

Best Answer

Julia_G, I;m sure mine would have lasted 2 years.  But I've had mine stolen, TWICE, and lost it once.  So replacement units are not always due to breakage.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had 2 that lasted over 2 years each. I think the One is superior and
very disillusioned that they would remove it- count more accurately,
battery life was close to 2 weeks, discreet.
Best Answer

Not a very good solution.  I don't want to wear a wrist tracker and the ZIP is the worst product you have ever designed.  I had 6 of them in a period of a year and the battery and casing design is poor.

I am disappointed as I have been wearing a FITBIT tracker for nearly 4 years but if you don't have the products that your users are asking for, we will go elsewhere.

Best Answer

The FitBit One is king of all fitbits. Why you are retaining the Zip, I have NO idea.

Best Answer
Agreed if you are going to ditch one ditch the Zip. I cannot believe the One is the one they chose to cut. Not smart.
Best Answer

I think Fitbit should consider the man, many fitbit users that have an allergy to any type of wrist tracker.  I have used the Ultra and most recently the One. I too have been unable to locate a One for purchase in any of the popular stores, including Fitbit.com!! Perhaps someone should keep in mind there are many users that can not wear a wrist tracker due to dermatitis allergies.  You will be losing a lot of business if you expect users to rely on the ZIP.  It is too generic, not waterproof, and lacking many features.

I think the One should NOT be discontinued........ It is still the best tracker for those who can not wear silicone, or rubber, or what ever the bands are made of.

Best Answer