Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

What  shame . it is much more accurate than the wrist fitbits. I own both. If the wrist is not moving, like when you are walking your dog and holding a leash, the steps don't register as they do on the Fitbit One. The wrist fitbits are so inaccurate as to steps. For every 10000 steps, my experience with two wrist fitbits and waring the same time as the fitbit one, the wrist devices are off by 20%

Best Answer

This sucks!! I cannot wear anything on my wrist an the zip is too big to wear on my bra. I guess I will be stocking up on the One. Please consider making something more like the One in the future!

Best Answer

Hi, @Happyplace, Fitbit's policy is to continue to support all Fitbits even after they are discontinued, so you should not have any issues getting help here, or from Customer Service if you have any problems.  The apps will also continue to work with your One.  However, once stocks have run out, you will not be able to get any replacements.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree!! And vote for an updated ONE!
Another clip-on hip based tracker of some sort!
Best Answer

I've used the Fitbit One for over four years and have been happy with it.  Please consider keeping this product.  The Zip has fewer features, and I don't want something on my wrist.  

Best Answer

Julia, 

When you say Fitbit will continue to support the One, does that mean they will still be updating its firmware if needed? 

Best Answer

@FitCarolBit my guess is that they will update the One firmware if needed to fix a major issue but they won't incorporate any new features. However, given that it's been a couple of years since the last update that extended the battery life that's nothing new.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is terrible news. I just wanted to voice my displeasure that the Fitbit one is being discontinued. Like everyone else who had commented I don't want to wear a tracker on my wrist! And the Zip is not a replacement for the One. Such a bummer. My wife and I are both on our 2nd Fitbit One's and my sister and her husband both have the Fitbit One as well but none of us will be buying another Fitbit product unless there is a quality clip replacement. No a smart move Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I will be very disappointed if the one is discontinued.  Between my husband and myself, we've purchased 5 Fitbit Ones.  I have no desire to wear a bracelet and I'm sure he won't.  It doesn't sound like a very good business plan to me.

Best Answer

Does this mean it won't be supported?  Will it still sync with the app or will I have to replace it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CNikkiJ, it will continue to be supported, and if you have trouble syncing you can always get in touch with Customer Support at contact.fitbit.com

As phones are updated, it may not continue to sync with new phones.

Best Answer

I'm glad I will still be able to use it in the short term, but don't like the idea that I'm just a phone update away from not having a Fitbit.  You really need to just keep it.  The Zip is too wide to be a replacement. Does it track sleep & exercise?  I don't think you appreciate how wonderful it is to wear a One, even under formal attire clipped to a strapless bra.  I don't want a tracker on my wrist, and indeed there are occasions when a wrist tracker is inappropriate or unsuitable.  Please reconsider!

Best Answer

Fitbit should realize that not everyone can wear something on their wrist.  I cannot stand the feel of anything on my wrist, and will therefore never purchase a health tracker that is required to be worn on my arm.  I also work in a laboratory setting which necessitates donning gloves multiple times during the day, and having any jewelry, including something on my wrist, is a danger.  Please keep in mind that your consumer base has multiple needs and likes, and cannot be accommodated with a one size fits all approach.

Best Answer

Will Fitbit One users still be able to sync their trackers in the future. And, if they obtain a new one now, will they be able to sync that in the future. 

Best Answer

Hi, will the new products coming later this year include the features of the One, i.e discrete and track stair climbs as well as steps?

Best Answer

This sucks as there was no mention of this model being discontinued when I bought mine from Fitbit directly.  And now my 'One' no longer holds a charge, so I am left 'holding the bag' so to speak.  The wrist models don't come in anything but black in my size.  I'm really disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @PatShepherd, you will still be able to sync your Fitbit One with all current phones that work with other Fitbits and, using the sync dongle, with computers. It is possible that in the future it may not work work with new phones or upgraded operating systems, because Fitbit will not be updating the One.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@grammabear, the Fitbit One is still available on the Fitbit website (although currently on back order).  If your One is still under guarantee and you are having problems with it you should get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com as soon as possible.  They will take it from there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help. I actually have Fitbit Flex. The inquiry was for
someone who had the One and would prefer to keep using it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help. I actually have Fitbit Flex. The inquiry was for
someone who had the One and would prefer to keep using it.
Best Answer
0 Votes