Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

I could see this coming when we started looking for a Fitbit for my husband a couple months after I bought my One in April.  Suddenly they were all discounted, and sold out and not being restocked.  

Fitbit, using the One has changed my life and I am glad for it.  When it dies, unless you add a clip-on tracker in place of the One to your lineup, I will be shopping at a different company.  I have no desire to wear a wrist tracker or smart watch.  I have loved my Fitbit, but the Android sync problems and the Map my Run issues, and now the discontinuation of One, have been enough for me to feel lukewarm about the brand and willing to look elsewhere for my next tracker.

Best Answer

Hi, @L1999, the Fitbit Zip is apparently not being discontinued.  Like the One it is a clip on tracker.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not interested in the Zip.  It has fewer features, namely the silent alarm, and it's wider/bulkier looking than the One.

Best Answer

Unfortunately the Zip is apparently the only clip-on Fitbit they are retaining.  Howeve they will continue to support the One, so as long as you have a working device you will be able to continue to use it -- or even replace it as long as retailers have it in stock.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a really sad day and time for fitbit to totally discontinue the anchor product that built fitbit.  Should always be some form of the ONE

Craig Raper

Please remember to mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find posts and remarks helpful vote for them.

Best Answer

But, will there be a tracker like the One? Some of us prefer not to wear anything on our wrists; for one thing some of us work outside and don't want a tracker getting snagged on some object.

Best Answer

This is extremely saddening. I have known multiple people who have tried the Zip and are not a fan because of the battery. If you are going to remove a product why would you remove one w/o a comparable replacement. I don't think of the zip as a replacement for the One, but a step down. And although I know I can buy 'clip ons' for the bracelet versions, why should I have to when you have an amazing product right now that works just the way it is. I've been using the One for over 4 years and this makes me sad. I still get over a week or two of battery life from each charge, I won't get that with any of these other versions from what I've heard. This is a bad move and I wish it would be reconsidered!

Best Answer

This is VERY sad news!! I sure hope I don't lose mine and that it doesn't stop working because that will be the end of Fitbits for me.  I don't like the Zip as it is too wide and doesn't have all the features of the One and I hate wearing bracelets so would never wear a Fitbit on my wrist.  Very sad!

Best Answer

Well I am very upset by this news.  The ONE is my tracker of choice, and I have been trying to find a new one.  Now I hear that it is being discontinued!  I can't wear the wrist-based trackers, and the other thing they want you to use is way too big.  This SUCKS!!!  Very poor decision by FitBit!  I am one very unhappy ex-customer!!

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

@yoda2nd I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I have not heard of reports on multiple Ones having problems. However, there are currently issues with Android syncing beginning on 8/8. You can follow that progress in this thread. You should check that if there are syncing issues with your One and an Android. I'm hoping your replacement does the trick this time. 

It is not an issue with the Ones, it is a software or firmware issue.  The issue appears to revolve around an issue with the syncing process, it will stop syncing automatically and then the battery will go from full to completely dead in a matter of hours.  Since Fitbit fails to provide any kind of technical support, this issue has gone unresolved and probably will never get solved now that the One is discontinued. 

As for my wife's not syncing, I am aware of the Android issue.  However, I think that it is unreasonable that I need to get support from other customers rather than the manufacturer.  Just another example of lack of technical support.

Best Answer

By the way, Academy has some in stock around here. Your local store may have a One. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One has syncing issues just like you describe.  And they are sporadic, but I cannot pinpoint what the problem is, beyond Fitbit's app or hardware just not working as it should.  I will sometimes get a 5 day charge, and then a couple other times, my Fitbit has died very suddenly on it's first day of charge, with no warning.  It will also fairly regularly but not always, refuse to sync for over a day, and then I have to go through all kinds of steps to try to force it to sync, like turning Bluetooth off and on, and usually end up doing a hard reset with it plugged into my computer.  I shouldn't have to do this to get it to work the way it's supposed to work.  Other times, it syncs as normal and doesn't present a problem.  

One thing I *NEVER* see is a reminder to charge my Fitbit.  I think this has to do with sporadic syncing, but I really don't understand it, since I get push notifications for meeting goals and challenges fairly regularly.

I've got a Motorola Droid Turbo and am running the latest updates, as far as I know.

Best Answer

Like most of others here, I'm very, very disappointed and sad that Fitbit is discontinuing the One. Mine has served me very well for many years. Until this week it kept the charge for over a week, was easy to clip to my pocket or belt, tracked my sleep, and is more accurate in counting steps than my Apple Watch. However, in March it fell out of the clip and the button broke off. It still worked well, so I thought it was fine. This weekend, however, the battery suddenly started dying after only one day of use. UGH. And to discover I cannot replace it just made me -- well, rather mad and sad.

I I have an Apple Watch and do not want another wearable. And I know people who had the Zip and said it was a terrible waste of money. Reading the comments here, I can see their experience wasn't the exception.

So, I guess this is goodbye to Fitbit for me. So sad!! I don't want to leave but I can't keep charging this thing every night just to have it die the next morning. And I don't want another wearable - I have the Apple Watch which, while it doesn't accurately count steps it does a whole lot more than any other Fitbit wearable. If there's no more Fitbit One, I guess there isn't a product for me. 😞 

Best Answer

e.jpgMy first two Fitbits! May they rest in peace!

Best Answer

Try to charge it for a longer time - until the white bit fills the screen past the "neck" and then for another hour. This might help if you haven't tried it.

Bart

Best Answer
0 Votes

KateFitbit:

So is fitbit already stopping their support of the one? As you are all aware, there are MANY people reporting issues - no syncing on phones or computers. 

Best Answer
@Bart_in_VA wrote:

Try to charge it for a longer time - until the white bit fills the screen past the "neck" and then for another hour. This might help if you haven't tried it.

Bart

Yep - that's what I do every time, Bart. And used to hold that charge for a week or more. Now it barely holds it for 8 hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's too bad.

I was in my local Costco this morning and they are only selling the wrist models.

Best Answer

Ha! Just this afternoon I see my One needs recharging after a full charge only two days ago.

Has anyone else noticed not receiving an email alert to recharge their One? I have not had them since my device started running down more quickly a couple of weeks ago. I did get an alert just now when I logged on to FitBit.com.

Best Answer

I have used the Fitbit One since it was introduced. It is small, discrete and effective. I read it isn't being made but will it continue to be supported?  I have arthritis and can't wear anything on my wrist. I also participate in a lot of active sports and need something small to secure in a zippered pocket. 

Best Answer