Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

Just want to give a small input Smiley Happy

Sometimes when (online) stores have a bigger backlog, they tend to temporarily remove devices and other stuff from their assortment so people wouldn't have the option to order it and thus make an even bigger backlog.

Seeing as it has been confirmed here that it's not discontinued, it makes sense for me that stores probably removed the One in listings just because too many people have ordered it.

Best Answer

Why then is the one not even listed as available in the Australian Fitbit store? I'd understand if it were listed but marked as unavailable/back order, but it doesn't appear at all. The zip, yes, but not the one 😞 

Best Answer

Yes, AmyJo – that's my situation too! Super tiny wrists, and often (depending on the clothes I'm wearing) I simply don't want to have some chunky, rubbery fitness tracker on my wrist. Much prefer the discretion of a clip on that can sit on a waistband/in a pocket or be clipped to a bra. Then there's the matter of having to take it off and on if I'm washing my hands, typing for long periods and so on.

In my experience the clip-on trackers are simply more accurate as well. I'm in the music business and a friend of mine (a pianist) jokes about how many kilometres she can rack up simply by playing a Beethoven sonata while wearing her wristband tracker! Meanwhile, I can play piano wearing my One and it accurately records that I've been sitting still 🙂

In many ways the One is pretty much perfect, and perhaps that why it has been left in the catalogue without any updates since 2013 or so. But I live in fear of its being discontinued. Have just purchased a second one to keep on standby as mine is now over four years old and the battery life has dropped significantly from the original 14 days – so may not last too much longer.

Best Answer

Lol, I'm on number four.  One went thru the wash, one broke (would shut it self off) and lost the third one.  I too don't wish to be forced to wear a wrist model for the reasons you mention plus I prefer my always on, easy to read watch.  Before the One, I had an Ultra which completely fell apart.  The One is a vast improvement over the Ultra.

Best Answer

Same, can't find it anywhere here in Oz, and not on the Fitbit website. And for those who are thinking about it, the Alta doesn't work in a clip holder, it doesn't recognise enough steps, but it clocks up way too many on my wrist. Glad I didn't pay full price. Please bring back the Fitbit One!!!!

Best Answer

Can you order from US Amazon site? Or ebay?

I believe Kate Fitbit is replying in good faith when she states the product is not being discontinued but I also can speak from experience in that sometimes even the reps are not notified if a product is being discontinued or replaced.

Best Answer

It's ridiculously expensive in $AUD from Amazon, including shipping to Australia - not worth it. Ebay prices are odd - there are multiple listings at $300+ at the moment!

I'm a bit skeptical when they say it's not being discontinued (at least in Australia) - as they can't give us an ETA on when it'll be back in stock.  Additionally, all authorised Australian retailers I've spoken to have said they've been told by Fitbit that the One has been discontinued.  If it hasn't been discontinued, then I'd respectfully suggest that Fitbit need to update their retailers.

Best Answer

Just today I saw Fitbit Ones on sale in my local Officeworks in Sydney (for under $100), which was interesting since the Officeworks site doesn't even list them as "instore only". So it would be worth visiting/calling specific retailers who've stocked them in the past even if they're not listing them online. You could be lucky. My local Officeworks also had the Fitbit Zip selling for $40, which is close to half price. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My local Officeworks had the same deal on the One (and the Zip - but I'm not interested in the Zip), however when I took the display box to the counter, they said that the One was not in stock, and had been deleted from their stocks because it had been discontinued by Fitbit.  I spoke to 4 other Officeworks branches who said the same thing.  I then spoke to 10 other authorised retailers who said the same thing.  I then spoke to Fitbit customer service, who were vague and unhelpful.

It shouldn't be this difficult to purchase a product, and it's disappointing that Fitbit customer service can't provide a clear answer or explain why 10+ retailers are saying that the One has been discontinued.  I'm looking into other brands.

Best Answer

I hope they don't discontinue the One.  I have had mine for a couple years and love it.  With my job I can't wear a wrist tracker and always wear my One on my bra.  If Fitbit ever discontinues the One and only offers wrist models, I'll have to look at another brand and I really don't want to do that.

Best Answer

Are you sure it's not being discontinued? It's been "out of stock" everywhere for a long time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't find them in the stores any more, ANYWHERE here.  This is nuts.  If it is not being discontinued, why is it not available???  I just lost mine and need it replaced PRONTO. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

And there is NO burgandy anymore?  Seriously?  I think we are being misled about this unit being discontinued!!

Best Answer

@Chess  @Imnewtoo  @Slowbutsure  The black model is back in stock at the Fitbit store.  And it sure looks like the burgundy color is gone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Very frustrating. I found one (back in stock) and bought it on Amazon last night. Hate the idea that they may be discontinued as I don't like the bracelet style; I wear watches and bracelets and don't care for the look. I'm also aware the bracelet style use arm movement and they count steps while playing piano etc.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
My One died a watery death.  I ordered a new one from Fitbit.  They let me order it but told me it is back ordered three or four weeks.  I am assuming I will get it eventually. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do you live @lindastoy

As Mine died a watery death as well and my replacement shipped today. I am in the US

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I recently ordered a replacement for my One from Kohl's. Unfortunately the one I received was one that was defective and apparently had been returned as it was registered to someone else. Fitbit did replace it. In the process of reordering I received this in an email: " However, we would like to let you know that the One - Burgundy is an end of life tracker which means that we have ended its manufacturing in order to keep our product line focused." I got a black one which was available from Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Australia and I 'm trying to purchase a fitbit one and can't get one anywhere. I'm pleased the product is to be continued  but please ensure everyone can buy one. I'm very keen to purchase and think it's a great product.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this thread. I have an update to share. 

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming later this year. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months. 

If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we will continue to support the One, even when it is no longer available, and provide troubleshoots and replacements for devices in warranty.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer