Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

I am very sorry to hear that the Fitbit One is being discontinued. I purchased a Zip for a friend and it was a terrible device. It ate through batteries every 3 months and ended up costing more than the One due to having to repurchase batteries all of the time. I finally purchased a One for her and now she loves it.

The Zip should be the device discontinued not the One. You will lose a faithful and loyal customer (probably many) when my One finally dies. I really think more consideration should have been taken before deciding to get rid of the One model. Not everyone wants or can use a wrist model, even though they are very popular. Wearing a tracker is not a one size fits all option. I will greatly miss the challenges against my friends on my Fitbit app. This is so disappointing. I really do hope you change your minds or come up with a better clip alternative than the cheap Zip model. 

Best Answer

I just got a reply on my message in the ONE forum about it being discontinued. This is a terrible decision. Not everyone can use or wants a wrist tracker. I see you are going to keep the cheap (more expensive in the long run with having to replace the batteries every 3 mo.) ZIP tracker. This makes no sense at all. The One is the perfect size and shape, it is rechargeable, and affordably priced clip on model of tracker that any brand makes. To get rid of it is a mistake. I will have to leave Fitbit once my One dies since the wrist models you offer do not fit me and I am not interested in a wrist model, even if they did fit my tiny wrist. This is not something that I want to do after being a customer for years, but unfortunately if you do discontinue the ONE and do not replace it with a rechargeable clip on model this is what I will have to do. This is so disappointing. 

Best Answer

I am very disappointed that the one is being discontinued and agree with the other comments that the wrong clip based tracker was discontinued. I am specifically using the feature which tracks floors as well as steps in order to help slowly build leg strength. A hip based tracker is more accurate, more discreet, less likely to be exposed to water, and doesn't need to take the size of the wrists into account. None of the wrist based trackers fit my small wrist. I want something I can leave on all the time and to not worry about it looking out of place.

It sounds like the decision has been made, but I would appreciate it if my feedback was presented to those who make the decisions around which products are continued.

Best Answer

I too am disappointed especially after being told just one month ago, the One was not being discontinued..  There are some of us that like to wear a WATCH on our wrists!

Best Answer

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for letting us know, @KateFitbit.  I've got two of 'em on hand from back when they were being discounted because, I guess, no one was buying them.  

As much as I like the One, it was getting long in the tooth.  Waterproof would be nice, (though I still want the altimeter/floor counter too! My favorite metric).  I like e-ink technology for a long lasting battery life, and I would like to be able to put it in a wrist band on occasion for auto-detecting activities, and sleep monitoring.  

So hopefully a "Two" clip-on will come out in a few months. 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Smiley Sad Its the most accurate device. I'm sorry its being discontinued

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I had not heard this news until reading it just now - I am very sad and disappointed!  I agree with Kilmeny - a hip based tracker is more accurate!!  Several of us in my office wear a FB.  I'm the only one with a ONE, the others have a wrist tracker.  You can get steps just by moving your hands.  If you're a hand talker you can gain steps and not even leave your chair.  The reason I like my ONE!! 

It must stay - I VOTE TO KEEP the ONE - if it at all matters or has the decision already been made? 

Will those of us with a ONE still be able to use or will we be forced to purchase a wrist tracker? 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, @Kilmeny@geepondy@DeeAnn3 We do hear you and appreciate the feedback. I can assure you the sentiment has been shared. I was surprised by this turn.  

Please note that we will continue to support the One, even when it is no longer available, and provide troubleshoots and replacements for devices in warranty. 

@Baltoscott Thanks for your input here! Love the idea of a "Two"

@WendyB Yes, very sad! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I am so very sad to hear that the One is being discontinued. I do not like the wrist models. I have a Surge, which I only use for sleep tracking. I had a Blaze and returned it. It's just not up to par for the price and wrist models are Not that accurate. I refuse to wear a FitBit around my ankle as many people do to get a more accurate step count, although Fitbit says it was not designed to be worn that way.  I have been FitBitting since 2010 but once this One dies and my backup One I will not be purchasing any more FitBit products. as much as I love the Aria Scale and the One ... I despise the wrist models.  I wish they would discontinue the Zip and not the One. 

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer

Thanks, after being told...by you, I ordered a new One, received it, opened it, set it up and now you come forward with they are being discontinued? Will Fitbit continue to support them? I feel like I just got ripped off! Disgusted!

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this thread. I have an update to share. 

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming later this year. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months. 

If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Well this explains why both me and my wife have started having problems all of  a sudden.  On my 4th replacement in 2 months and my wife's fitbit stopped syncing all together.  Also explains why "customer service" kept pushing a wrist based version on me every time they replaced my Fitbit.  Pretty fed up with this lack of actuall support and pushing for an upgrade.  Will be finding another brand, just lost 2 customers.

Best Answer

@ImnewtooManual is here

http://help.fitbit.com/?p=one

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@@nbbaron Welcome to the Community, thanks for sharing your feedback on the One. I agree, wrist based trackers aren't for everyone. (Also, I love the Aria too)

@Imnewtoo as mentioned in my post above, we will continue to support the One and are here with any questions and concerns. Your warranty is still valid and will be honored if anything goes wrong.  @WendyB included the manual below. Also here's the link to the sleep help page. Hope it helps! 

@yoda2nd I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I have not heard of reports on multiple Ones having problems. However, there are currently issues with Android syncing beginning on 8/8. You can follow that progress in this thread. You should check that if there are syncing issues with your One and an Android. I'm hoping your replacement does the trick this time. 

@WendyB Thanks for your help! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
The Fitbit One properly tracked steps and sleep. The ones you wear on your wrist are off by 200 to 1,000 steps depending on how much you use your hands.

Earlier posts had you assuring it was not being discontinued. I hope Fitbit is just redesigning the One. I'm sorry if anyone took that as true and went to purchase.

Right now I have my charge 2, that my brother gave me, either in my pocket or in my belt loop during the day. I wear it on my wrist at night to track sleep. I want accurate numbers and you don't get that wearing it on your wrist.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
The Fitbit One properly tracked steps and sleep. The ones you wear on your wrist are off by 200 to 1,000 steps depending on how much you use your hands.

Earlier posts had you assuring it was not being discontinued. I hope Fitbit is just redesigning the One. I'm sorry if anyone took that as true and went to purchase.

Right now I have my charge 2, that my brother gave me, either in my pocket or in my belt loop during the day. I wear it on my wrist at night to track sleep. I want accurate numbers and you don't get that wearing it on your wrist.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Kohl's had some in stock this morning in my local store. They have two displays of FitBits on each end of the store. So if you don't see it in the front, go to housewares/electronics in the back. I got a black one and they had at least 4 or 5 others. Pick one up quick before they're all gone. 

Best Answer

I've been a FitBit One user for 4+ years and this is incredibly sad to hear! Unfortunately the Zip is not a suitable alternative as its features are more limited than the One and it has a bulkier profile.

I really dislike wearing something on my wrist all the time, so switching to one of the other FitBit options isn't appealing. 

So thanks FitBit, it's been a good journey but it looks like you just eliminated another customer. 😞

Best Answer

I am also disappointed to hear this and will no longer be a Fitbit customer. I cannot wear wrist trackers as I work in water/chemicals all day. I need the sleep tracking as a primary function so the zip is not an option. I can understand replacing it with an enhanced model but not totally cutting off an entire group of users who depended on this device. Of course mine has just gotten lost so now I'm screwed. 

Awesome. 

Best Answer

I do see a few still available on ebay.

Best Answer

I see why I have been having so many issues with my One lately as well. Unfortunately with only the zip as an option I will have to find another company to use. It stinks because I really liked my One, do not like the zip and I do not need 2 devices on my wrist at one time. My One just stopped working this weekend and now I find out it will be removed from sales.

Thanks Fitbit now I have to go research another company and find something else that will work for me.

Best Answer